The Hammond School 2021

Mum to a boy dancer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/04/2021 at 20:41, Flower said:

Hi Guys. I’ve been in contact with the school and they are definitely simplifying the uniform but it hasn’t been finalised yet. They are redoing the parent’s handbook so everyone just has to wait until it’s ready to be sent out. 
hope that helps. 

Thank you my DD is starting year 7 in September and I am feeling slightly panicked not knowing what they need

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mrssuperbug said:

Thank you my DD is starting year 7 in September and I am feeling slightly panicked not knowing what they need

Last year the most helpful thing for our new starters was to have group chat with the current yr7,s they were able to tell them everything they needed & make them feel part of the family at the same time. I am sure we could arrange something like this for this year, my DD is current yr7 as is @Calea’s so if you wanted to Do this we could arrange xx

7 minutes ago, Betty’s mum said:

Last year the most helpful thing for our new starters was to have group chat with the current yr7,s they were able to tell them everything they needed & make them feel part of the family at the same time. I am sure we could arrange something like this for this year, my DD is current yr7 as is @Calea’s so if you wanted to Do this we could arrange xx

That sounds like a good idea. Is there a list of things they need to board 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flower said:

Just wondering if anyone did anything special to let their child know they had a place?  Dd will be starting yr 8 in September and we haven’t told her yet!

OMG, how have you kept that a secret. We printed the letter out and recorded her opening it 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flower said:

Just wondering if anyone did anything special to let their child know they had a place?  Dd will be starting yr 8 in September and we haven’t told her yet!

@flower - omg how have you kept that quiet!? I think my screaming when I got the email gave it away!

my dd will be going into y8 in September - happy to chat and link girls up!

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 19:15, Flower said:

We got a thortful card printed with a picture taken at the audition with congratulations underneath - how  have you managed to keep it to yourself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrssuperbug said:

We got a thortful card printed with a picture taken at the audition with congratulations underneath - how  have you managed to keep it to yourself 

Wow that's a great idea. I wonder if I have time to make one tomorrow morning. hmmmmmm

16 minutes ago, Mrssuperbug said:

Could you possibly send me the list - it's driving me mad not knowing what I need to sort out !

I’ll send you what I have but it’s not an official list!