The Hammond School 2021

Mum to a boy dancer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to all those starting at Hammond in sept. Fabulous school, fab dance teachers! Can’t speak about accommodation as it’s changed since we were there, but know it’s near the centre of chester! 
Performances are amazing! 
Academic wise, again teachers so helpful and caring.

Good luck, you’ll have a fab time

🍀❤️🍀

Edited by Dancing unicorn
  • Like 1

I only really know about the girls house, they are generally 2 to a room for younger years, my DD thinks boys can have a room on their own if they want as less of them. There is a boys house & a girls, all have private bathrooms, access to kitchen and common room etc. Able to decorate with as much from home as they like, our has led lights and pictures all over the walls. Able to make it as homely as you want. Weekend food is brought in & the new school menu is really varied with themed nights at weekend eg. French etc. Boys seam very happy with it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CuffsMum said:

Hi..... my son will also be starting in year 7 at The Hammond. He absolutely loved the school when he visited and can’t wait to start his dancing adventure there. He will be boarding too! 

My DS has been pestering me about other boys. So glad it looks like there will be a group x

Hi All , Just thought I’d offer my own opinion of the school as my own DD is now yr 11 and is coming to the end of her time there as she moves to pastures new . It seems like yesterday we found out she had a place with MDS award for yr 7 . I only speak highly of the school and the different opportunities she has been given along the way . She has gone from being a shy small 11 yr old to a most confident and self assured young lady in the blink of an eye and she is very mature for her age due to living away from home and being responsible for herself from an early age . Anyway feel free to message me with any questions you have as I once was in the same position as you are now .

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CuffsMum said:

I’ve not received any further information for about three weeks now. 

the school has been closed for the last 3 weeks. 

pre-Covid you would be receiving an invitation to attend a taster day around June time. Lots of information is given out on that say. Whether that will happen this year or nor, who knows. 

You can buy uniform directly from the school. I *think* there’s a possibility that the uniform might be changing soon. The kids used to wear a traditional uniform (blazer/tie etc)for academics but since the pandemic started have been wearing their dance tracksuit all day to limit time in changing rooms. I would contact the school to find out if this will be carrying on/changing back for September 2021.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2021 at 07:07, Ashnads said:

My DD will be starting The Hammond in September yr7 and my DH likes to be super organised, does anyone know of a uniform list and where the uniform can be purchased? 

@Ashnads massive congratulations to your dd!  My dd is current year 7 - she was one of the students who watched the finals this year - your dd might remember her!?  Happy to give any advice - pm if you want! 

On 23/04/2021 at 08:00, margarite said:

You can buy uniform directly from the school. I *think* there’s a possibility that the uniform might be changing soon. The kids used to wear a traditional uniform (blazer/tie etc)for academics but since the pandemic started have been wearing their dance tracksuit all day to limit time in changing rooms. I would contact the school to find out if this will be carrying on/changing back for September 2021.

Hi Guys. I’ve been in contact with the school and they are definitely simplifying the uniform but it hasn’t been finalised yet. They are redoing the parent’s handbook so everyone just has to wait until it’s ready to be sent out. 
hope that helps. 

8 minutes ago, Flower said:

Hi Guys. I’ve been in contact with the school and they are definitely simplifying the uniform but it hasn’t been finalised yet. They are redoing the parent’s handbook so everyone just has to wait until it’s ready to be sent out. 
hope that helps. 

Thank you so much for checking that’s great to know. DD did like the idea of simple  uniform, 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happyfeet84 said:

My daughter is going into year 8 sapphire 

Congratulations both, my daughter is currently in yr7 and just loves it. She will have the most wonderful time, if you need to know anything then just ask. 

Edited by Betty’s mum
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Betty’s mum said:

Congratulations both, my daughter is currently in yr8 and just loves it. She will have the most wonderful time, if you need to know anything then just ask. 

Hi, do you know how many started in yr 8 this year? Just wondering if there’s a big intake or just a few. 

5 minutes ago, Flower said:

Hi, do you know how many started in yr 8 this year? Just wondering if there’s a big intake or just a few. 

It was only a couple joined the current year 8 this year. They settled really quickly though. I think they get used to people coming and going though, it’s part of vocational school life, even in such small year groups. 

• Like 1