mid associates

ballemum

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it was a no again for my daughter. She does not seem that bothered though. As she says she wants to get in but realises there will be ups and downs. Although it mainly appears to be downs!

Congratulations on all those who have a yes, it is a real achievement.

Does anyone know how many are likely to be on the SWL and what her chances of getting a place will be?

Is the SWL split into year groups?

Ie DD is hoping for a year 8 place so would a yr 8 have to decline a  mid place?

or is the list purely based on how you were ranked on your audition?

For those of you trying to decide between vocational school and Mids, we were in the same position last year. We went for voc school and it has been very good for dd who has thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 terms. I have seen a change in her flexibility and I am sure this has to do with ballet 5 times a week as well as all the other dance. We are glad we made the choice we did although we do miss dd when she is away.

All the best for your decision making xx

• Like 7

It should be soon Pasdebourree15 current SAs received their appraisal results today.

Were these all London year 10's? There are only 3 year 10 SA's in Birmingham and it is several weeks before their appraisal. Are they informed by letter? At least it seems quite soon after.

Edited by Balletmumfor2
  • Like 1

Oops, just noticed the 15 is part of the user name!!! How many year 10's are there in London? Is it unusual for SA's to be assessed out? We know of only a couple of MA's who were advised that they weren't suitable for further RBS training. Most children left when they re-auditioned for the next phase,of associates.

How lovely for your dd's that they have choice.

Can I ask along for the ride did ur dd get a yes and if so where for.

Yes Balletmum, auditioned fo London and very lucky to have got a yes. Mixed emotions because we will now be turning down something we spent so long wishing for. I am very much aware that it's a privilaged position to be in, just feel a little sad at breaking the link.

edited to add....I just hope that by turning it down somebody on the swl will get the news they are hopong for

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1

Sent the slip to decline little DD's Bimingham Mids place yesterday as have made the decision to accept Hammond school place.  Was given advice that a year's vocational training more beneficial than one 2 1/4 lesson.  Hope they are right! :)

Would hope so - bit of a cost differential as well as lifestyle choice!

Oops, just noticed the 15 is part of the user name!!! How many year 10's are there in London? Is it unusual for SA's to be assessed out? We know of only a couple of MA's who were advised that they weren't suitable for further RBS training. Most children left when they re-auditioned for the next phase,of associates.

hi do you mean most mid associates retain there place after appraisils

Hi Kat09. I assume that is because there are two classes in London. In Birmingham there is just one class which this year had 3 year 10's and about 8 year 11's. The year 10's were obviously new but there were also several new year 11's. To my knowledge 2 from Birmingham made upper school finals and 1 from London so I assume the standard is similar. Incidently, my daughter heard that 7 upper school came from WL, 7 from the Prix de Lausanne and 1 from the Northern CAT's scheme so not much chance for associates this year.

Hi Balletmumfor2 I think that you are right on numbers. My DD loves the associate programme and is well prepared that it is not seen as a pathway to Upper School. RBS make this very clear from the start,they do however stress that the participants do have potential and will be encouraged and supported to apply for vocational school at 16 if appropriate for the child. There are so many variables in the mix - we will just be doing the best we can and keeping our fingers crossed that dreams do come true :) 

Kat09, that is exactly my understanding of the programme too. My two love it and feel priviledged to be part of it. However, I know some people were disappointed that it had not led to anything further. I think it helps to know what the competition was then they realise what an achievement it was for the 3 SA students to be asked to finals to compete for upper school places. The girls must have been very talented. Maybe we will bump into you on the path for their dream next year!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...