mid associates

ballemum

Yes, the Manchester mids was on but there was no snow at all in Manchester. 9 out of 13 girls made it. Having done associates for a while however, I can tell you that most girls miss a couple of sessions for something as many of them have festival weekends or other commitments throughout the year. If there is snow near the centre them the lesson will be postponed. Only 2 girls made it to SA's in Birmingham despite the main roads being totally clear. They must have been put off travelling by the forecast, were snowed in at home or maybe had auditions this weekend.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Manchester mids was on. 9 out of 13 girls made it but there was no snow at all in Manchester. Having done associates for several years now, I know that girls often miss several sessions anyway due to other commitments such as festivals, competitions or school activities. The lesson will be postponed if snow makes the centre difficult to access. There were only 2 SA's in Birmingham yesterday probably due to people being nervous of the weather conditions, snowed in or having 6th form auditions. There are a couple of girls from Sheffield who regularly attend Centrepointe during the week and they only miss during very bad snow spells.

While not wanting to appear negative to all of us that are still waiting waiting, it's looking like the yes letters went out for Friday.

I do remember when both my dd's went for ja's one got a no on the Saturday and one got waiting list on the Tuesday.

I wonder if they send the yes's out to see who accepts before sending the rest.

Still wishing everyone good luck as another day oy watching for the postman dawns

Possibly, not sure though. I think that Birmingham have been the first to hear as they had the earliest audition and those that auditioned in Manchester will be the last to hear because that was the last audition. I'm not 100% sure that's correct though. Good luck for your dad, and what will be will be x

My ds auditioned in Bristol for a place in the boys classes in London. I know the Bristol auditions were early this year. Our yes came on Fri. Those of you still waiting I will keep my fingers crossed. Well done for those of you with a yes and those of you with a no it's a no for now keep trying. When one door closes another one opens.

Congratulations to all those getting a yes, and commiserations to those less lucky - but just because RBS says no, it doesn't mean that you aren't talented, or that you don't have a future in dance. Once upon a time if you didn't get into a RBS programme there was nothing else out there, but now there are plenty of other options. Hope you all find something to suit each and every one of your wonderful DC's!

• Like 5

Ok maybe I shouldn't have but I called so for all of you waiting who auditioned in london, I was told later this week maybe next week

Thanks for the info, it is nail biting isn't it. We did get a post card from the maths teacher today though saying what a good term she had had! So at least there was something. My daughter has forgotten about the mids results I think so I haven't mentioned it to her. What will be will be!

• Like 1

Hi, Well done to everybody who has a 'yes' and its not the end of the world for those with a 'no' just try again next year, Good luck to those still waiting - Choccy is your SWL from todays post???

:huh:

Sent the slip to decline little DD's Bimingham Mids place yesterday as have made the decision to accept Hammond school place.  Was given advice that a year's vocational training more beneficial than one 2 1/4 lesson.  Hope they are right! :)

• Like 4

Angel

I understand exactly how you feel. Opened the letter with very mixed emotions today, having to make a similar decision x

Very hard losing the links with Royal though after so long.  Praying for Summer School now!

• Like 1