Congratulations to Tamara Rojo and Isaac Hernandez and their baby Mateo!

Tamara and Isaac have had a baby!

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20210319186343/tamara-rojo-da-luz-primer-hijo/

FRUIT OF HER 4-YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH ISAAC HERNÁNDEZ

Tamara Rojo gives birth to her first child, a boy she has named ...

The dancer was not present last Monday at the delivery of accreditations of honorary ambassadors of the Spain brand with the Kings

19 DE MARZO DE 2021 - 00:19 CET POR RAQUEL BARAHONA

The dancer Tamara Rojo has given birth to her first child, whom she has named Mateo, this Wednesday, March 17, in London, according to ABC. The artistic director of the English National Ballet has fulfilled her dream of being a mother at 46, together with her partner, the Mexican professional dancer, Isaac Hernández (30). Both she and the baby are in perfect condition, family sources of the couple have informed the newspaper. As HELLO! Progressed, her maternity was the reason why the ballet director could not attend her appointment with the Kings of Spain in person on Monday, March 15, when she was in the United Kingdom due to "personal circumstances" , as she herself confirmed. In this event, the Spanish monarchs were in charge of delivering accreditations of honorary ambassadors of the Spain brand, where Tamara was recognized in the art and culture category for her important role in international classical ballet.

"I am tremendously honored by this great recognition by the Academy. I am sorry that I cannot be present at the ceremony in Madrid. In such a difficult year for all of us I am grateful for this impulse to continue working for the excellence and democratization of the arts", the dancer thanked that connected through a videoconference. This Thursday she has once again intervened telematically to receive another recognition, in this case the medal of honor that the Academy of Performing Arts has awarded her. Tamara has participated in such important works as Romeo and Juliet (playing the protagonist), La Sylphide or Requiem and has been distinguished with a great list of awards and recognitions throughout her professional career as the Gold Metal for Fine Arts in 2012 or the International Medal of the Arts of the Community of Madrid in 2008. In 2015 she received the Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts and has been Commander of the Order of the British Empire for her contribution to dance in 2016, the highest distinction that can be granted to someone who is not from the country.

Their relationship had difficult beginnings

Currently, Tamara and Isaac have been in a stable relationship for 4 years and both are settled in London. Even so, the beginnings were not easy since the dancer starred in some controversies in the United Kingdom for favoring, according to the British media, her partner in the National Ballet of England. The accusations escalated when some anonymous dancers assured The Times that their relationship created an uncomfortable environment in rehearsals and plays and that she provided him with the roles that the Mexican dancer obtained. "We have been in a relationship for a year and a half and we have been honest from the beginning because we do not want animosities," she confessed Tamara in an interview she gave to the Evening Standard to settle the conflict. "He comes from the Paris Opera and the Mariinsky in Saint Petersburg and has won all the awards so he has no shortage of merits to be where he is," she concluded.

And he is not without reason since Isaac was internationally recognized with the Benois de la danse, the highest award of his discipline granted by the Moscow International Dance Association in 2018. He also won the National Dance Award of the United Kingdom for the best dancer male. He has recently started in the acting world starring in El rey de todo el mundo under the direction of Spaniard Carlos Saura and later playing Lazaro in the Netflix miniseries Someone has to die. At 30, the actor and dancer has an excellent career behind his back and now he lives one of the sweetest moments of his life when he became a father for the first time with Tamara Rojo. Both enjoy great complicity and the age difference (16 years) is, in their case, something very positive, as the dancer claimed.

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Congratulations to Tamara Rojo and Isaac Hernandez and their baby Mateo!

I had no idea at all so that’s wonderful news for them! And a prestigious “Dance” birthday as March 17th is Nureyev’s birthday too!! 
So many new ballet babies recently 🩰🧸🍾🎈

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FionaE said:

My remaining knowledge of the language from school would only be of use if the Spanish press announced Tamara has lost her luggage in the swimming pool because the lift doesn't work.

• Like 11

No worries!

And yes the translations from Japanese and Korean to English are laughable bad .. cannot even get the gist 😉.  At least the Spanish to English one is more or less understandable.  

Though some of the facts are odd.   Why include Paris Opéra (where Isaac was a guest) but not Dutch National where he was a resident principal?   I guess it’s more elite.

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

@Jan McNultythank you for adding the surnames in the topic ... I should have done that, and will try better next time!   Put it down to over exuberance 😉

Thing is ... if it's not the Royal Ballet people tend not to know who the dancers are,  whereas I'm the opposite way.

It was lovely news so thanks for sharing.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So to state the facts: Isaac won the Prix Benois de la Danse in 2018 whilst in a relationship with Tamara who happened to be on the (small) jury panel. 

All the best to both of them, but I think if I had been a nominee that year I wouldn't have been happy with that clear conflict! 

• Like 2