Hi

Does anyone have any advise on applying for Visas for the U.S

My daughter has 2 offers for 10 month training places in the U.S from August to the end of May. 
The one company told us to apply for a student visa but from what I can see the company needs to be on the SEVP list to do this, which they are not.

The other company has said to apply for an extended tourist visa. I was worried that this would not be the correct process. Plus the embassy is only dealing with emergency application which does include the M1 student visa but I doubt the tourist visa. 
I have visited the U.S embassy in London website but am still unclear as to what we need to do.

I have contacted a couple of immigration attorneys who want between £200 and £750 just to answer my initial question.

I am happy to pay for support to get her application through but I do not want to waste my money if it is not possible as the companies are not SEVP listed. 
Any advise will be greatly appreciated! 

Both my dc had ballet contracts in the US but we’re unable to go as the US Embassy in London has been closed since last March and isn’t scheduled to open for face to face interview til this August.

There are no ESTA, holiday visas, allowed in at present and I doubt very much you could extend it for the whole season. Also, anyone currently entering the US from the U.K./EU has to quarantine for 2 weeks elsewhere prior to entry.

A performing arts/work visa is a P1. The company should apply for this. Dds petition cost us nearly $1000 before we gave up 😞 It was just a bridge too far. Too many hurdles. 
That’s before Covid vaccines/passports start to play a role in entering too. 
Im happy to answer any questions x

• Like 1

There are lots of Ballet schools on the SEVP list.  If they are a school, they should get on the list if they are accepting international students.  The list is lengthy and includes many small schools of all sorts.  I am confused, are you paying tuition or is this a ballet contract and will be receiving pay? Is there a school associated with the ballet company?

33 minutes ago, MPatti said:

There are lots of Ballet schools on the SEVP list.  If they are a school, they should get on the list if they are accepting international students.  The list is lengthy and includes many small schools of all sorts.  I am confused, are you paying tuition or is this a ballet contract and will be receiving pay? Is there a school associated with the ballet company?

We will have to pay tuition fees. They are 10 month programmes to bridge the gap between training and professional career. They will recruit from the training programme but obviously not guaranteed. 

Cantref it seems if they are taking international students, they need to apply to get on the list from their end.  You may be able to sway them, as Houston Ballet Academy is on the list, ABT JKO, Joffrey, Orlando Ballet, etc. There are many small high schools (Public and private) who take foreign exchange Students who are on the list,  Many small private universities.  So not sure they can get around it if you are paying them tuition. Good luck!