THE ROYAL BALLET 2021/22 SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT

6 hours ago, Darlex said:

Oh apologies for posting the YouTube link. I was getting carried away making a point! Thank you Mods for deleting the video and not the whole post. Glad to hear that you, BangorBalletBoy, find the old production transformation scene more satisfying than the most recent incarnation.

I do hope the stars regain their beautiful blue tutus. I would be happy if the RB danced Cinderella in David Walker's designs again. 

So glad I watched it before it was deleted, then. 🙂

Strange the RB would alter that particular staging, it was magnificent. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't wait to see Ferri in L'heure Exquise at the Linbury in October you can stream it for free tomorrow, 6 June, at 8.30, UK time, from the Ravenna Festival.

• Like 3

I watched this last night, live from Ravenna, a city I know well.  Thanks so much to the festival organisers and sponsors for streaming this (and many other events) for free.

I won't say too much about it now as it is coming to the Linbury in the autumn, but I must say I really enjoyed it.  It took me a while to adjust to what it is, but once the divine Miss Ferri started moving her still lithe body to the music, it was wonderful.  I speak Italian so could understand everything she said (she does quite a lot of talking at the beginning).  This is based on Samuel Beckett...not being a Beckett fan, nor very knowledgeable about his work, I missed most of the references to his works.  However, there are references to classical ballets as she dances, so that is lovely to see.  The premise is that an older ballerina is looking back at her performing life, and remembering what is involved in order to succeed (work, work, work)...but then all the happiness that it brought to her.  This performance was dedicated to Carla Fracci, on whom the piece was made by Maurice Bejart in 1998.  Suffice to say that it is very moving, and I can imagine it working well on the Linbury stage.  Miss Ferri is now 58...what a beautiful example of a woman getting older she is.  

I really look forward to seeing this live onstage.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

At the risk of sounding impatient, can I ask if anyone knows when casting for Autumn is likely to be announced?

I'm trying to make some plans and am wondering whether it's worth holding off.

I imagine it will be shortly before booking opens.

• alison locked this topic

If people are going to comment on the casting/pricing, please could you use the separate thread here?

I'm trying to move the rest of the relevant posts over, but am getting error messages, hence my locking this thread for the time being.  Thanks!

• alison unlocked this topic

Thank you all for your patience.  I don't know what the problem was, but every time I tried to move the posts over I got a "Sorry, we can't find that thread" error message.  However, if I tried to move them over one at a time it seemed to work, regardless.  I hope I haven't lost anything in the process.

• Like 3