Northern Ballet School (Manchester) 2021

11 hours ago, Mjdb said:

Good evening,

Hope this is OK to do.....if not please admin delete. 

My dd has been contacted by a few girls who are all going to be 1st years Sept '21. They have made a group on Instagram if any of your girls / boys want to join message me so I can give you my dd details & she can add them to the group. 

Thanks for this. My daughter (admittedly under my influence...) has managed to avoid all social media so far in her life so isn't on Instagram (yet) but if that's the way to go, she may join. I think she's going to sign up to WhatsApp at some point, so maybe others would be willing to have a group on there too in due course?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Dancers Dad said:

Thanks for this. My daughter (admittedly under my influence...) has managed to avoid all social media so far in her life so isn't on Instagram (yet) but if that's the way to go, she may join. I think she's going to sign up to WhatsApp at some point, so maybe others would be willing to have a group on there too in due course?

Good morning, whatever works for you & your daughter. I would presume that anyway they can keep in contact with each other would  be good. I don't do instagram myself so no idea how it works so don't know if it's a matter of joining....being private & just being able to do the dance group? but I'm sure others will know. 

• Like 1

If it helps, the school set up a Facebook group for the 1st years last year. They have since moved onto something else but it was a good way to make contact. 

Also once you have a contract signed with Unite you can download the app and make contact with others in your flat. The app is also needed for reporting any maintenance issues and using the laundry. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DancingShoes said:

If it helps, the school set up a Facebook group for the 1st years last year. They have since moved onto something else but it was a good way to make contact. 

Also once you have a contract signed with Unite you can download the app and make contact with others in your flat. The app is also needed for reporting any maintenance issues and using the laundry. 

This is helpful to know - thank you.

9 hours ago, Dancers Dad said:

Right, we're booked in for a look round both NBS and New Medlock! Keep ticking these jobs off the list...

How exciting. When is your visit booked, if you don’t mind me asking. 

3 hours ago, balletbean said:

How exciting. When is your visit booked, if you don’t mind me asking. 

I don't mind at all! We're doing Weds 5 May and having a quick look at New Medlock that day too. Probably have a bit of  a potter round the area and get a feel for it as well. Another of those 'blimey, this is really happening' days I think.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dancers Dad said:

I don't mind at all! We're doing Weds 5 May and having a quick look at New Medlock that day too. Probably have a bit of  a potter round the area and get a feel for it as well. Another of those 'blimey, this is really happening' days I think.

Good luck for the 5th. I’m sure you will have an enjoyable time. I will mention your visit to my DD. ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

We've booked in for a tour of NBS and Medlock on 19th May - all very exciting! However, no DaDA news as yet. If not offered a DaDA does anyone know when further details of enrolment will be sent out e.g uniform etc? Feeling a little in limbo at the moment!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

We've booked in for a tour of NBS and Medlock on 19th May - all very exciting! However, no DaDA news as yet. If not offered a DaDA does anyone know when further details of enrolment will be sent out e.g uniform etc? Feeling a little in limbo at the moment!

That's good - we're off up there this Weds. If we find anything useful out - eg uniform - I'll let you know.

We had our DaDa offer a little while ago. It wouldn't hurt just to check in with them - we found twice that emails hadn't made it...

7 hours ago, Twinkle said:

We are going to NBS & Medlock on the 17th. Sorry can't help with uniform etc. 

On 21/04/2021 at 21:31, Dancers Dad said:

Hi. Hope today has turned out to be both productive & enjoyable. ☺️🙆‍♀️🐝

• Like 1
2 hours ago, balletbean said:

Hi. Hope today has turned out to be both productive & enjoyable. ☺️🙆‍♀️🐝

Thank you very much, it was. We're not long back. Really glad we did it and were able to see everything in the flesh for the first time. My daughter is even more excited to go now!

I know others on the forum have their own visits planned so I don't want to just post a list of what I learnt in case you want to ask for yourselves - but I'm happy to do so if it would be useful? I did ask a few questions.