The Royal Ballet’s Spring and Summer programmes 2021

I don’t use the lifts but it does seem

very annoying that the theatre has been closed all this time and only started on the lifts now 🙄 There is no doubt some very good reason for it but it’s irritating nevertheless. As bad as timing certain road works in Brighton to coincide with the May Festival and summer season 😬 

I have to say am rather dreading trying to book tickets on Friday it does seem very complicated 🤔 By the time Ive worked it out there probably won’t be any left 😩 

• Like 1

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the seating plan. I actually wish they would link this with seat view which you normally only get when actually booking a seat as otherwise can’t always tell the restricted view seats. 
When they choose the seat for you do you get to see what the view is like from it before you buy it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

Maybe look back to 13 April!

Ah yes, how could I have forgotten that, even if I must have skimmed past it at the time?  But I don't think we've had a link to the PDF, FWIW

11 minutes ago, alison said:

Ah yes, how could I have forgotten that, even if I must have skimmed past it at the time?  But I don't think we've had a link to the PDF, FWIW

But still no casting for the third programme divertissements or Sleeping Beauty 😨

5 minutes ago, capybara said:

But still no casting for the third programme divertissements or Sleeping Beauty 😨

I have I inquired and am waiting to hear back

57 minutes ago, Saodan said:

Can anybody speak to the availability of single tickets? Are they looking as thin on the ground as for the Nutcracker?

Yes they are unfortunately. I have managed to get a ticket for each of the three, plus one of the classes on stage but lots of backwards and forwards between the various days to try and fine a decent seat that doesn't have a restricted view or is up in the gods!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Thanks for the seating plan. I actually wish they would link this with seat view which you normally only get when actually booking a seat as otherwise can’t always tell the restricted view seats. 
When they choose the seat for you do you get to see what the view is like from it before you buy it? 

No but it does tell you if it has a restricted view, or its one of the high stools - and in which case you have to start again to find a better seat!

• Like 1

From the pricing, I'm guessing that no standing places are currently available at all.  It was what I'd originally expected, but I don't know if things will change.

I agree that single tickets are again scarce - I managed to grab one for a couple of dates but the only one available for the first night of the Beauty programme is/was one with a very restricted view in the back of the upper slips.

12 minutes ago, Mary said:

Feeling out of practice..does anyone know roughly the length of the programmes, and will there be intervals?

I asked a week ago - mentioned that with transport restrictions, planning is difficult for out-of-towners - and got this back:

"Many thanks for getting in touch with the Royal Opera House.

"I am making enquiries with the Royal Ballet and Royal Opera companies to release this information as soon as possible.

"With many productions still in rehearsal, final timings are still a little while away but as soon as they are available, they will go on each individual web production page."

I'm hedging my bets by booking a hotel as they're pretty cheap - if that's any consolation.

Many thanks indeed. Yes, it feels like more of a planning operation this time, and slightly worrying..-I am torn between nerves and excitement!

Do you know if there will be  intervals? I recall there not being any last summer, but that might have been my imagination...

1 minute ago, Mary said:

Do you know if there will be  intervals? I recall there not being any last summer, but that might have been my imagination...

There were intervals during the December 2020 Nutcrackers and, with bars and restaurants open for limited service, I imagine there will be for these programmes too.

MJW I really wanted to put one of those scream emojis by your post. I can see this is going to be a nightmare to book 😱 

And here’s me thinking I can do the double on June 26th and see students in afternoon and Beauty programme in the evening when already looks like Beauty is out that day so have to split that. 
I hope I don’t get so desperate that I end up buying two seats just to be able to go. 
Still I could always offer spare to the Forum to another doubly vaccinated person just to be on safe side though people from two( or more) different households can meet inside by time of most of the performances take place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capybara said:

From the Membership Department - I just checked with the ballet company and the casting isn't quite finalised yet, but as soon as we can share it we will. I appreciate how anticipated this information  is. 

1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

I agree that single tickets are again scarce

I also had a v hard time booking anything. Tbh, I thought tickets were just selling out super fast. Forget or didn't realise the ROH was restricting single seats. Frustrating, but as they say, a first world problem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LinMM said:

And here’s me thinking I can do the double on June 26th and see students in afternoon and Beauty programme in the evening when already looks like Beauty is out that day so have to split that. 

It's going to incredibly difficult to get tickets for the RBS performances in the Linbury (and, to an extent, on the main stage) as the school have confirmed the parents of the students will have priority (I'll let you know how booking for RBS Friends goes).

• Like 3

Well I hope it isn’t that sold out already as even ordinary Friends ( which many of my ballet friends are) haven’t even had a chance to book yet ...let alone the general public!! 
I think I’m resigning myself now to not being able to see the Royal until the Autumn. 
Still ENB has what seems like a nice programme at the Festival Hall in June........

1 minute ago, LinMM said:

Still ENB has what seems like a nice programme at the Festival Hall in June........

And Northern Ballet are at Sadler's Wells in June.  I really like Dangerous Liaisons but I know it has been tweaked.  The mixed programme is fab!

• Like 2

In answer to bangorballetboy yes I realised it would probably be much more difficult to see the students this year with all the restrictions as quite rightly families should be prioritised. Was just hoping might get an odd seat but it looks like this year those “odd seats” are just the ones not available!!

Its a shame they couldn’t have had a couple more days in the Linbury in the circumstances. They missed out being seen last year so had really been hoping things might have got more back to normal by this summer but alas not so 😢 

Anyway at least I know the score now when booking on Friday.....will have a gin and orange standing by for either celebration or commiseration as it may be 🍹 

Yes Janet I’ve got my eye on them too!!

I just wanted to get this Fridays bookings out of the way first and then go ahead with everything else 😊

I have found that the ROH's idea of the best available seat for the price in any area does not tend to coincide with my  own! 

So if the first allocation you get for a particular performance  doesn't suit, within your 30 minute time slot you can delete it from your basket and try another area, or price, or else keep it in your basket initially and book somewhere else in the same area (to find what is the next allocated choice there) or elsewhere, up to the allocation limit of 4 tickets per performance, and then delete what you don't want before going to the checkout.

That all sounds rather convoluted but I hope it makes sense.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

I have found that the ROH's idea of the best available seat for the price in any area does not tend to coincide with my  own! 

So if the first allocation you get for a particular performance  doesn't suit, within your 30 minute time slot you can delete it from your basket and try another area, or price, or else keep it in your basket initially and book somewhere else in the same area (to find what is the next allocated choice there) or elsewhere, up to the allocation limit of 4 tickets per performance, and then delete what you don't want before going to the checkout.

That all sounds rather convoluted but I hope it makes sense.

I did the same thing! I don't really understand why the old system couldn't have been used and which shows all the seats available to select in a particular part of the auditorium. They could have simply blanked out those seats not available to book. Anyway let's hope normal booking resumes for the autumn!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, MJW said:

I did the same thing! I don't really understand why the old system couldn't have been used and which shows all the seats available to select in a particular part of the auditorium. They could have simply blanked out those seats not available to book. Anyway let's hope normal booking resumes for the autumn!

As did I!  And I join in that hope!  I have no idea whether my preferred seating choices were available, but my repeated efforts failed to procure any,  and I was even more disappointed in the location of the few single seats I found avaiiable in my preferred price bands.

54 minutes ago, MJW said:

As I mentioned last year,  my local decent theatre, the Theatre Royal Bath, managed to use the sytem you described. ROH has had plenty of time to work out a way of doing the same....it's not like they fixed the lifts instead

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

It's going to incredibly difficult to get tickets for the RBS performances in the Linbury (and, to an extent, on the main stage) as the school have confirmed the parents of the students will have priority (I'll let you know how booking for RBS Friends goes).

Do you happen to know, but I read somewhere that the lower school performances will be performed at White Lodge not in the Linbury.

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

It never has done.  It "thinks" that a central seat farther back is better than a closer one on the side.  You may (well) not agree with it.

• Like 3