The Royal Ballet’s Spring and Summer programmes 2021

7 minutes ago, capybara said:

As a 'follower' of many RB dancers on Instagram, I think that I am picking up hints that the summer programme might have three different programmes and, if so, surely they will announce them (hopefully with casting) on the 13th April.

It was confirmed yesterday that Royal Ballet dancers will again feature in a gala at Athelhampton House -11th and 12th September.

Thank you !  Never quite sure at the moment if what the dancers are playing about with is their personal wish list or something for the stage.  I’ve seen Valentino Zucchetti is choreographing something ... but that could be for Draft Works in the Linbury.

As for casting ... whilst that info would be nice, I’m so starved of the live experience I don’t really mind!!!

I’m following Athelhampton on IG with interest .... hoping the cheap seats are still affordable 😉

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the announcement from the ROH mention three ballet programmes for the spring / summer season? With Petipa mentioned for one of them.

The draft works was also announced to be streamed in early May. So they could be rehearsing a wide range of things at the moment.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Didn't the announcement from the ROH mention three ballet programmes for the spring / summer season? With Petipa mentioned for one of them.

It did.  From the 10 March announcement: 

The Royal Ballet is thrilled to return to live performances with three programmes of works ranging from Crystal Pite to Marius Petipa. 

• Like 4