Jump to content

The Royal Ballet’s Spring and Summer programmes 2021


Recommended Posts

Oh and the ROH Twitter feed posted a tiny snippet of Maddison Pritchard and Denilson Almeida rehearsing Messerer's Spring Waters, which could be for the RBS show I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Oh and the ROH Twitter feed posted a tiny snippet of Maddison Pritchard and Denilson Almeida rehearsing Messerer's Spring Waters, which could be for the RBS show I suppose.


Maddison and Denilson are Aud Jensen Young Dancers now, so maybe for the RB Divertissements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, capybara said:


Maddison and Denilson are Aud Jensen Young Dancers now, so maybe for the RB Divertissements.

 

Isn't the RBS show due to feature some of last year's graduates? I thought I read that somewhere.

 

Or maybe you've heard something, Capybara?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

 

Isn't the RBS show due to feature some of last year's graduates? I thought I read that somewhere.

 

Or maybe you've heard something, Capybara?

 

Yes, it is. I have no details, just saw the announcement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

 

Isn't the RBS show due to feature some of last year's graduates? I thought I read that somewhere.

 

Or maybe you've heard something, Capybara?

 

Apologies, I didn't know that. That's a really nice RBS idea, of course, as they didn't get a show last year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, capybara said:

 

Apologies, I didn't know that. That's a really nice RBS idea, of course, as they didn't get a show last year.

The Royal Ballet School Summer Performance (roh.org.uk)

 

Current dancers from The Royal Ballet’s Aud Jebsen Young Dancers Programme, having missed the opportunity last year in their graduate year at the School, join the performance on the Royal Opera House Main Stage in a varied programme of highlights from the classical and contemporary repertory.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/05/2021 at 19:56, Lizbie1 said:

Timing is now up for Balanchine/Robbins - 2 hours and 35 minutes; one interval.

 

And for anyone who wanted a breakdown:

 

Approximate running times: 

Apollo: 40 minutes

Pause: 5 minutes

Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux: 15 minutes

Interval : 30 minutes

Dances at a Gathering : 1 hour 5 minutes

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

added today - Lyssa, an exciting new film collaboration, is choreographer Lynne Page's first work for The Royal Ballet. Featuring 17 female Royal Ballet dancers and vocals by British singer and songwriter Nadine Shah, accompanied by the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.....

 

Lyssa (roh.org.uk)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nadine Shah was the last live act I saw (where you have to book tickets) before having to 'gracefully retire' from seeing live bands due to dodgy knees (OK, too old!!)

She was immense!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

From ROH  Friends Newsletter:

 

We are also continuing with Friday Singles for the rest of the Spring/Summer programme and you can purchase these by telephoning the Box Office at 1pm every Friday for a limited number of single tickets for performances the following week.

Edited by Richard LH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cast changes for today

 

 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, alison said:

I hope the various parties concerned are all okay.  I guess bubbling may make the situation more complex than it might otherwise be.

Indeed... It would be good if more information could be provided, earlier rather than very last minute, as to the reasons for cast changes, even if more generalised than specific. Of course there will always be the caveat that casting can change, and it may be that this was not seen as so vital for mixed programmes with multiple groups, but where casts for principal roles are concerned, impinging on booking decisions, I would like the aim to be to provide as much information as reasonably possible, as soon as possible.

e.g.....could they  indicate whether Akane is still expected, at this point, to be dancing next week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cesar Corrales has posted on Instagram that he will be dancing TchaiPas with Osipova on the 8th and 10th June. Sounds like a good match up to me but very sorry not to be seeing Takada.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, capybara said:

Cesar Corrales has posted on Instagram that he will be dancing TchaiPas with Osipova on the 8th and 10th June. Sounds like a good match up to me but very sorry not to be seeing Takada.

Oh dear...but thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, capybara said:

Cesar Corrales has posted on Instagram that he will be dancing TchaiPas with Osipova on the 8th and 10th June. Sounds like a good match up to me but very sorry not to be seeing Takada.

 

'Be interesting to see how fast the ROH website catches up. Now if someone would just leak the Beauty casting.....but that may be coming with the new season announcement reportedly coming tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DanJL said:

I noticed they also added Fumi Kaneko to the second Dances at a gathering cast - the role was previously TBA. So Fumi is in both casts! 

 

But the green girl in the second cast; the blue? in the first cast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, capybara said:

 

But the green girl in the second cast; the blue? in the first cast.

Yes, looks like different roles assuming the order is consistent in the casting. I've got tickets to one of each cast, so looking forward to see if she does dance different parts 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just spotted on Instagram, Fumi Kaneko confirmed that she debuts as blue girl in the first cast and green girl in the second. You called it right capybara! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? Any idea? 
 

I didn’t put the name of the ballet because I think this might infringe on the forum’s guidelines.


 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ingrid said:

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? Any idea? 
 

I didn’t put the name of the ballet because I think this might infringe on the forum’s guidelines.


 

 

 

Perhaps she’s just rehearsing it for fun? That’s the answer I received from an ENB dancer when I asked him why he was learning to dance en pointe 🩰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ingrid said:

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? 


Might the rehearsal have been for one of the diverts in the Beauty mixed bill?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/05/2021 at 14:41, oncnp said:

added today - Lyssa, an exciting new film collaboration, is choreographer Lynne Page's first work for The Royal Ballet. Featuring 17 female Royal Ballet dancers and vocals by British singer and songwriter Nadine Shah, accompanied by the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.....

 

Lyssa (roh.org.uk)

 

Finally got round to watching this - absolutely terrific! Nadine Shah, ladies of the Royal Ballet - win, win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...