The Royal Ballet’s Spring and Summer programmes 2021

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Oh and the ROH Twitter feed posted a tiny snippet of Maddison Pritchard and Denilson Almeida rehearsing Messerer's Spring Waters, which could be for the RBS show I suppose.

Maddison and Denilson are Aud Jensen Young Dancers now, so maybe for the RB Divertissements.

21 minutes ago, capybara said:

Maddison and Denilson are Aud Jensen Young Dancers now, so maybe for the RB Divertissements.

Isn't the RBS show due to feature some of last year's graduates? I thought I read that somewhere.

Or maybe you've heard something, Capybara?

49 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Isn't the RBS show due to feature some of last year's graduates? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes, it is. I have no details, just saw the announcement.

52 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Apologies, I didn't know that. That's a really nice RBS idea, of course, as they didn't get a show last year.

• Like 2

Guest oncnp
4 minutes ago, capybara said:

Apologies, I didn't know that. That's a really nice RBS idea, of course, as they didn't get a show last year.

The Royal Ballet School Summer Performance (roh.org.uk)

Current dancers from The Royal Ballet’s Aud Jebsen Young Dancers Programme, having missed the opportunity last year in their graduate year at the School, join the performance on the Royal Opera House Main Stage in a varied programme of highlights from the classical and contemporary repertory.

On 24/05/2021 at 19:56, Lizbie1 said:

Timing is now up for Balanchine/Robbins - 2 hours and 35 minutes; one interval.

And for anyone who wanted a breakdown:

Approximate running times: 

Apollo: 40 minutes

Pause: 5 minutes

Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux: 15 minutes

Interval : 30 minutes

Dances at a Gathering : 1 hour 5 minutes

• Like 7

Guest oncnp

added today - Lyssa, an exciting new film collaboration, is choreographer Lynne Page's first work for The Royal Ballet. Featuring 17 female Royal Ballet dancers and vocals by British singer and songwriter Nadine Shah, accompanied by the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.....

Lyssa (roh.org.uk)

From ROH  Friends Newsletter:

We are also continuing with Friday Singles for the rest of the Spring/Summer programme and you can purchase these by telephoning the Box Office at 1pm every Friday for a limited number of single tickets for performances the following week.

Edited by Richard LH

Guest oncnp

Cast changes for today

14 hours ago, alison said:

I hope the various parties concerned are all okay.  I guess bubbling may make the situation more complex than it might otherwise be.

Indeed... It would be good if more information could be provided, earlier rather than very last minute, as to the reasons for cast changes, even if more generalised than specific. Of course there will always be the caveat that casting can change, and it may be that this was not seen as so vital for mixed programmes with multiple groups, but where casts for principal roles are concerned, impinging on booking decisions, I would like the aim to be to provide as much information as reasonably possible, as soon as possible.

e.g.....could they  indicate whether Akane is still expected, at this point, to be dancing next week...

16 minutes ago, capybara said:

Cesar Corrales has posted on Instagram that he will be dancing TchaiPas with Osipova on the 8th and 10th June. Sounds like a good match up to me but very sorry not to be seeing Takada.

Oh dear...but thanks for the info.

Guest oncnp
17 minutes ago, capybara said:

Cesar Corrales has posted on Instagram that he will be dancing TchaiPas with Osipova on the 8th and 10th June. Sounds like a good match up to me but very sorry not to be seeing Takada.

'Be interesting to see how fast the ROH website catches up. Now if someone would just leak the Beauty casting.....but that may be coming with the new season announcement reportedly coming tomorrow.

10 hours ago, DanJL said:

I noticed they also added Fumi Kaneko to the second Dances at a gathering cast - the role was previously TBA. So Fumi is in both casts! 

But the green girl in the second cast; the blue? in the first cast.

2 hours ago, capybara said:

But the green girl in the second cast; the blue? in the first cast.

Yes, looks like different roles assuming the order is consistent in the casting. I've got tickets to one of each cast, so looking forward to see if she does dance different parts 🙂

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? Any idea? 

I didn’t put the name of the ballet because I think this might infringe on the forum’s guidelines.

14 hours ago, Ingrid said:

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? Any idea? 

I didn’t put the name of the ballet because I think this might infringe on the forum’s guidelines.

Perhaps she’s just rehearsing it for fun? That’s the answer I received from an ENB dancer when I asked him why he was learning to dance en pointe 🩰

14 hours ago, Ingrid said:

Leticia Dias let it slip a rehearsal for a ballet that I don’t recall being announced for the 2021/2022 season (There is actually 2 casts for it) . Would they announce something else for the season still or could this be for a gala?? 

Might the rehearsal have been for one of the diverts in the Beauty mixed bill?

On 28/05/2021 at 14:41, oncnp said:

added today - Lyssa, an exciting new film collaboration, is choreographer Lynne Page's first work for The Royal Ballet. Featuring 17 female Royal Ballet dancers and vocals by British singer and songwriter Nadine Shah, accompanied by the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House.....

Lyssa (roh.org.uk)

Finally got round to watching this - absolutely terrific! Nadine Shah, ladies of the Royal Ballet - win, win!

A few logistics questions if you’d be so kind. This Sunday matinee will be our first socially distanced performance, the tickets have an arrival time of 5 to 15 mins before show starts, is this long enough to visit the loos and then get to ones’ seats, given the possibility of queues?

Sunday is looking like it’s going to be really hot, is drinking water available at the interval? I guess probably not.

And is it wrong that I’m really looking forward to eating my ice cream in the auditorium 😄?