The Royal Ballet’s Spring and Summer programmes 2021

Guest oncnp
7 hours ago, capybara said:

I hope that the ‘all’ includes casting.

According to the 10 March news it does but not holding my breath.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oncnp

The short version

Ballet

Spring Draft Works

• Where: Online only
  • Public booking opens: 7 May 2021 10am
  • Available online: from 14 May 2021 (£10)

21st-Century Choreographers   Within the Golden Hour /New Kyle Abraham /The Statement/Solo Echo

• Where: Main Stage
  • Public booking opens: 7 May 2021 10am
  • Performance dates: 18-30 May 2021
  • Live stream: 28 May 2021 (£16)
  • Ticket prices: £3 – £90

Balanchine and Robbins   Apollo/Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux/Dances at a Gathering

• Public booking opens: 7 May 2021 10am
  • Performance dates: 4–13 June 2021
  • Live stream: 11 June 2021 (£16)
  • Ticket prices: £3 – £90

Beauty Mixed Programme   Anemoi / Divertissements / The Sleeping Beauty Act III

• Public booking opens: 7 May 2021 10am
  • Performance dates: 26 June–11 July 2021
  • Live stream: 9 July 2021 (£16)
  • Ticket prices: £3 – £90

Casting    for    Royal    Ballet    performances    May-July    2021
MAIN    STAGE
Conductor    Koen    Kessels    |    Solo    Piano    Dances    at    a    Gathering Robert    Clark |    Orchestra    of    the    Royal    Opera    House

21st-Century    Choreographers
Choreography    Christopher    Wheeldon    |    Kyle    Abraham:    World    Premiere |    Crystal    Pite

Tuesday    18 May,    Saturday    22    May,    Tuesday    25    May,    Friday    28    May    (live    stream) at    7pm    
Within    the    Golden    Hour:    O’Sullivan,    Muntagirov,    Hayward,    Zucchetti,    Naghdi,    Hirano
New    Kyle    Abraham:    Osipova*,    Sambé*
The    Statement:    Dean*,    Sissens*,    McNally*,    Richardson*
Solo    Echo:    Hayward*,    Gasparini*,    Grennell*,    Sambé*,    Corrales*,    Bjørneboe    Brændsrød*,    Churches

Thursday    20    May,    Monday    24    May,    Wednesday    26    May at    7pm,    Sunday    30    May    at    3pm
Within    the    Golden    Hour:    Hinkis*,    Hay,    Kaneko,    Clarke,    Takada,    Campbell
New    Kyle    Abraham:    To    be    announced
The    Statement:    Townsend*,    Junker*,    Takada*,    Ball*
Solo    Echo:    Magri*,    Bailey*,    Lubach*,    Acri*,    Ella*,    Serrano*,    Dixon*

Balanchine    and    Robbins
Choreography    George    Balanchine    |    Jerome    Robbins    

Friday    4    June,    Monday    7    June at    7pm    ,    Sunday    13    June    at    3pm
Apollo:    Muntagirov*,    Naghdi*,    O’Sullivan*,    Magri*
Tchaikovsky    Pas    de    Deux:    Osipova*,    Clarke*
Dances    at    a    Gathering:    Nuñez,    Hayward,    Hinkis,    Kaneko,    Morera,    Campbell,    Bonelli,    Bracewell,    Zucchetti,    Acri

Saturday    5    June,    Wednesday    9    June,    Friday    11    June    (live    stream) at    7pm    
Apollo:    Ball*,    Hamilton,    Calvert*,    Kaneko*
Tchaikovsky    Pas    de    Deux:    Nunez,    Muntagirov
Dances    at    a    Gathering:    Naghdi*,    Magri,    O’Sullivan*,    Pajdak*,    TBA,    Sambé,    Clarke,    Dubreuil*,    Ella,    Hay

Tuesday    8    June    at    7pm    
Apollo:    Ball,    Hamilton,    Calvert,    Kaneko
Tchaikovsky    Pas    de    Deux:    Takada*,    Corrales*
Dances    at    a    Gathering:    Naghdi,    Magri,    O’Sullivan,    Pajdak,    TBA,    Sambé,    Clarke,    Dubreuil,    Ella,    Hay

Thursday    10    June    at    7pm    
Apollo:    Muntagirov,    Naghdi,    O’Sullivan,    Magri
Tchaikovsky    Pas    de    Deux:    Takada,    Corrales
Dances    at    a    Gathering:    Nuñez,    Hayward,    Hinkis,    Kaneko,    Morera,    Campbell,    Bonelli,    Bracewell,    Zucchetti,    Acri

Beauty    Mixed    Programme

Choreography    Valentino    Zucchetti:    World    Premiere |    To    be    announced    |    Marius    Petipa    

Saturday 26    June,    Monday    28    June,    Friday    2    July,    Thursday    8    July,    Friday    9    July    (live    stream) at    7pm    
Anemoi:    Sasaki*,    Dias*,    Bjørneboe    Brændsrød*,    Nakao*
Divertissements:    The    Company
The    Sleeping    Beauty    Act    III:    The    Company

Wednesday    30    June,    Saturday    3    July    at    7pm,    Sunday    11    July    at    2pm
Anemoi:    Park*,    Sasaki*,    Donnelly*,    Ikarashi*
Divertissements:    The    Company
The    Sleeping    Beauty    Act    III:    The    Company

• Like 7

Guest oncnp
7 minutes ago, Jeannette said:

The mixed bill with Beauty Act 3 sounds enticing! I’m wondering if US citizens with proof of vaccination can travel to the U.K.? 🤔 

Quarantine still required at the moment but who knows by the end of June?

1 minute ago, Rob S said:

Any mention of ticket buying restrictions yet? Are we only allowed two tickets per programme again? 

For our Spring/Summer Programme we are limiting tickets to a maximum of 4 tickets per performanceand these will be allocated in singles and pairs only, until further notice. In line with current guidance, we ask that you only attend performances with individuals from your own household or bubble. Details of our catering offer and how to book will be sent to ticket bookers nearer their performance dates. Thank you for your understanding.”

this was in the email I received

• Like 1

I make it 24 performances in total -  pleased we are getting a pretty full schedule and choice of dates, as well as a live stream of each programme.

Some interesting casting!  Good to see various role debuts, including several roles for younger (indeed some of the youngest!) members of the Company.... 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jeannette said:

The mixed bill with Beauty Act 3 sounds enticing! I’m wondering if US citizens with proof of vaccination can travel to the U.K.? 🤔 

I would love for there to be something in place for you by then!

Does anyone know what divertissements are likely to be included?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chiari said:

Those looks like amazing programs! 

Does someone know if the live streams will available for a month like the Nutcracker-that-never-was was supposed to be? 

Good question... I don't have the answer  but others may.  

Welcome to the Forum by the way!

2 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

I would love for there to be something in place for you by then!

Does anyone know what divertissements are likely to be included?

We could run some bets on this - starting with The Voices of Spring pas de deux!!!!

I'm loving the fact that the RB's announcement has resulted in a reawakening of balletcoforum! Some exciting casting with opportunities  for so many dancers at all levels.

• Like 5

Just now, alison said:

Erm, we haven't exactly been asleep, capybara :)  Dozing a little, perhaps, but definitely not asleep!

I was seriously seriously hoping for Apollo - and also wondering if the Petipa might turn out to be a socially distanced Kingdom of the Shades, but apparently not.

2 hours ago, Chiari said:

Those looks like amazing programs! 

Does someone know if the live streams will available for a month like the Nutcracker-that-never-was was supposed to be? 

Actually it looks as if they  may only be available on the one specified day, going by the blurb for each one  on the website..."There will be a livestream of the performance on ......... Watch via ROH Stream".

Guest oncnp
17 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Actually it looks as if they  may only be available on the one specified day, going by the blurb for each one  on the website..."There will be a livestream of the performance on ......... Watch via ROH Stream".

I have e-mailed the membership office and will let you know what they tell me

I am quite disappointed to see WTGH being performed for the third time this season.  I know the company know it well and are comfortable with it, but there are so many other 21st century pieces I would love to see them reprise.  Maybe when things get back to normal.  

• Like 5

It's worth remembering that the last time WTGH was planned, all public performances were cancelled with only the streaming to an empty auditorium surviving. Having effectively cancelled a whole run it makes sense that they should bring it back for those who bought tickets and missed out on seeing it live and of course for the dancers who trained for it and didn't get to perform.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Well, livestreams are by definition live.  I imagine they'd keep it up for a while afterwards, though - makes little sense to limit their income from it by only having it on the one evening.

I do wish they could livestream multiple casts, though, but I suppose that would be too expensive - and insufficiently interesting to the general public.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamesrhblack said:

No Sarah Lamb in WTGH or DAG and no Tierney Heap either...

Can anybody remember who Teo Debreuil is taking over from in the second cast of DAG? I’ve tried some googling but can’t find details of the 2020 second cast...

But so pleased to see Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli cast.  

• Like 2