Tring CBA Video Audition 2021

Londonballetmum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, coniger said:

London Senior and Junior ballet is amazing and brilliant for technique with small classes.  My DS went there along side RBS JA's and Ballet Boost and thoroughly enjoyed it.  He is still there now and has been offered a year 10 place at white lodge so highly recommend.  May is their big intake so have a better chance of getting in then rather than September 

Thank you for the helpful insight!

23 minutes ago, E2 dance said:

Hi - we’ve had a no this morning, but my DD has been put on a waiting list. 
Nothing about auditioning again though so not sure what to think?

I’d say waiting list is very positive.  Welcome to the forum, by the way!

5 hours ago, Tiny13 said:

We just got a no along with “Please keep on working hard because as you gain strength and build on your technique, you might be ready next year.”

Next year, not even this year! 

I’m gutted for her. 

That’s disappointing, Tiny13.  I would say though that all children mature at different rates, especially skeletally and in strength, so they won’t all have the strength to hold and work in sustained turnout at the same age.  That’s one reason why the age ranges in the groups at CBA are mixed.  

If she’s young, there is no hurry at all to start Associates.  

Sorry to hear the "not yet" emails have arrived. I hope your DCs are not too upset and that they'll bounce back, continue to enjoy dancing and perhaps audition again, whether here or for other schemes that have been recommended/suggested. Good luck!

21 hours ago, MamaFrosty said:

It’s hard not to feel so incredibly disappointed for them. I think my daughter is a bit older than yours, but she still has so many years of loving dancing ahead of her so while I know she’ll be upset (I haven’t told her yet, we already had anxiety about going back to school!), I’m confident that this won’t ultimately be ‘the end’ of wanting to pursue what is currently her dream. There are other associate programmes(I know Ballet Boost take them from 8 years old), people to meet, things to learn and years to grow. Everything they do adds to their experience and for your little one to do this at her age is absolutely incredible and she must have such determination and courage. You must be so proud of her. Sending lots of sympathy and luck for the next time for you! 

Thank you so much. I never thought this would be such an emotional rollercoaster! However it gives my little girl something to work towards, in a way perhaps it’s a good thing that it doesn’t come easily to her and will make her really appreciate her place if she ever gets in! 
Commiserations to you and your daughter too xx

15 hours ago, Anna C said:

That’s disappointing, Tiny13.  I would say though that all children mature at different rates, especially skeletally and in strength, so they won’t all have the strength to hold and work in sustained turnout at the same age.  That’s one reason why the age ranges in the groups at CBA are mixed.  

If she’s young, there is no hurry at all to start Associates.  

Thank you! Whilst we are gutted I think it’s a fair decision. When she was having to do the releves in pirouette position (something they don’t do in G2 RAD) she was a tad wobbly. She doesn’t have the greatest strength in her ankles at present as she suffers from severe diseases which I have been told she will grow out of but at present she needs to build the strength up. 
We have recently changed dance schools with an actual studio so think that should help her to improve her technique. She’s never danced in a studios with mirrors and barres so is super excited to start this evening.

I’m sure this is just the start of no’s but we will learn to grow from it. 

• Like 1

What are everyone’s thoughts on a 7 year old - almost 8 taking a PBT class. In my daughters feedback email it said she needed to gain strength and build on her technique so was thinking this could really help her. Is she too young? 

1 hour ago, Tiny13 said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on a 7 year old - almost 8 taking a PBT class. In my daughters feedback email it said she needed to gain strength and build on her technique so was thinking this could really help her. Is she too young? 

My 7 year old does it... we often have to put her ball against a wall and help a bit..  she has only ever done it on zoom but I think she has improved xx

On 13/04/2021 at 07:11, Tiny13 said:

Hi. My son has done PBT since he was 7. They have a Sub Junior section ages 5 to 7. X