Tring CBA Video Audition 2021

Londonballetmum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter is 11, I think they’ve watched it 6-7 times (including 6pm last night after the yes emails were sent out). Some views were 2-3 Minutes but 2 views were 6-7 minutes. The recording was 9:50. 
I am surprised they haven’t sent all the responses on 1 day. 
I’m presuming it’s a no, but my husband suggested they might have a waiting list.
Who knows!!

On 09/04/2021 at 16:26, SamLily2021 said:

Hi... this is my 1st post, we are very new to this.... my daughter will be in group 1 and I was hoping she could find some others that are too?? Congratulations and Good Luck to those still waiting xxx 

Hello. My daughter will also be starting on the 25th.  Good luck to everyone still waiting. Xxx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiptoet said:

Congratulations 🎉

Did you hear yesterday? And what group is she in?.

Thank you.

She will be in group 1, we had an email yesterday. Unfortunately I can't see how many views or viewing time as we used googledrive.   Hopefully lots more results will come out on Monday and lots more with a yes . Xx 

2 minutes ago, Sugarplum21 said:

Thank you.

She will be in group 1, we had an email yesterday. Unfortunately I can't see how many views or viewing time as we used googledrive.   Hopefully lots more results will come out on Monday and lots more with a yes . Xx 

I hope she enjoys it 😍 

Has anyone had a 'not yet' email?

11 hours ago, Tiny13 said:

Just a thought but could they be working through age ranges? For those of you whose children did get in, would you mind sharing their ages? 

mine's 14

1 hour ago, Sugarplum21 said:

Hello. My daughter will also be starting on the 25th.  Good luck to everyone still waiting. Xxx

Congrats to your DD @Sugarplum21 🎉

18 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Just a reminder that people may not want to share their children’s age or which group they’ll be in; especially publicly on a forum which can be seen by everyone, member or not. 

Noted 😊

• Like 1

We got a 'no' today but they said that DD was very talented and to bring her back to the next audition, for the September start date, because they will have more places then (vs starting April) and she should be in a good position to get a place then. I am not sure we will go for it, to be honest. We might wait a year until she is 8 years old and can audition for the London associates programmes (infinitely easier logistics!). Someone earlier posted about London Junior & Seniors Ballet. They have live auditions in May and September (for September start) and they take 7 year olds as well. If anyone can advise me what the difference between auditioning in May vs September is, I would welcome their thoughts. I do not want to take over the Tring thread with an unrelated question. Congratulations to all who got a place and good luck to those still waiting! It's been fun being on this thread ... and I am glad I started it ;) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Londonballetmum said:

We got a 'no' today but they said that DD was very talented and to bring her back to the next audition, for the September start date, because they will have more places then (vs starting April) and she should be in a good position to get a place then. I am not sure we will go for it, to be honest. We might wait a year until she is 8 years old and can audition for the London associates programmes (infinitely easier logistics!). Someone earlier posted about London Junior & Seniors Ballet. They have live auditions in May and September (for September start) and they take 7 year olds as well. If anyone can advise me what the difference between auditioning in May vs September is, I would welcome their thoughts. I do not want to take over the Tring thread with an unrelated question. Congratulations to all who got a place and good luck to those still waiting! It's been fun being on this thread ... and I am glad I started it ;) 

Ah sorry to hear that. She still has lots of time ahead of her. I dont know anything of the associates you've mentioned but have you thought of looking at ballet boost? 

2 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

We just got a no by email. Although it said she has potential and could be ready next time. However they could keep saying that and taking our audition money. It’s very tricky!! 
hope everyone else hears soon. 

So tricky! I could not agree with you more! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

We just got a no by email. Although it said she has potential and could be ready next time. However they could keep saying that and taking our audition money. It’s very tricky!! 
hope everyone else hears soon. 

Yep same here. 2 corrections to works on and come back. Not sure we will this year though x

Hello all, 

Congratulations to all who have received a yes, I’m still awaiting my daughters results - we haven’t heard anything yet and I didn’t receive an automated response when emailing the link so hoping they have actually received it 😅.

I will say to those whom have received a ‘come back’ to take this as a positive as they do say it to the children they feel have potential and spaces are so limited at this time because of the restrictions still in place. My eldest daughter auditioned twice, first time was a ‘come back’ and second was a yes, I agree with somebody else that said they really do like commitment and it’s amazing how much a young dancer can come on in a small amount of time. 
Congratulations to those who have received a yes, it really is a fantastic programme x

• Like 1

We got a no, no specific corrections just a generic ‘very difficult to choose, lots of beautiful dancers, try again in September when we have more places and you might have improved enough ’. The lack of personal feedback tells me that she’s probably not what they’re looking for though! Congratulations to everyone that has a yes and I hope all the ‘not yets’ aren’t discouraged and continue to try! 

Commiserations to those with a “no” or a “not this time” but if you have been asked to try again, I would definitely consider it.  There really are only a tiny few places for starting after Easter and you have a much bigger chance next time for a September start.  

If it’s still Miss Samaai in overall charge, she is such a wonderful teacher. 

We just got a no along with “Please keep on working hard because as you gain strength and build on your technique, you might be ready next year.”

Next year, not even this year! 

I’m gutted for her. 

2 minutes ago, Tiny13 said:

We just got a no along with “Please keep on working hard because as you gain strength and build on your technique, you might be ready next year.”

I’m gutted for her. 

So sorry 😔

11 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Commiserations to those with a “no” or a “not this time” but if you have been asked to try again, I would definitely consider it.  There really are only a tiny few places for starting after Easter and you have a much bigger chance next time for a September start.  

If it’s still Miss Samaai in overall charge, she is such a wonderful teacher. 

She seems so lovely. Do you think they remember them from previous auditions

10 minutes ago, Tiny13 said:

I’m gutted for her. 

It’s hard not to feel so incredibly disappointed for them. I think my daughter is a bit older than yours, but she still has so many years of loving dancing ahead of her so while I know she’ll be upset (I haven’t told her yet, we already had anxiety about going back to school!), I’m confident that this won’t ultimately be ‘the end’ of wanting to pursue what is currently her dream. There are other associate programmes(I know Ballet Boost take them from 8 years old), people to meet, things to learn and years to grow. Everything they do adds to their experience and for your little one to do this at her age is absolutely incredible and she must have such determination and courage. You must be so proud of her. Sending lots of sympathy and luck for the next time for you! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Londonballetmum said:

London Senior and Junior ballet is amazing and brilliant for technique with small classes.  My DS went there along side RBS JA's and Ballet Boost and thoroughly enjoyed it.  He is still there now and has been offered a year 10 place at white lodge so highly recommend.  May is their big intake so have a better chance of getting in then rather than September 

• Like 6

We just recieved a no. Not sure if it is a not yet or a polite no! 🙂

"We also saw potential with intelligent execution if your work and felt that with more training you might be ready by the next round of auditions". If the feedback is personalised that is very nice of them. The main thing is that my DD was happy with the response and encouraged. 

• Like 1