Tring CBA Video Audition 2021

Londonballetmum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SamLily2021 said:

Hi... this is my 1st post, we are very new to this.... my daughter will be in group 1 and I was hoping she could find some others that are too?? Congratulations and Good Luck to those still waiting xxx 

congratulations! x DS will be Group 4 Emerald

Congratulations to those who have been accepted. We haven’t heard either so I’m guessing it’s not good news for us. I am absolutely dreading telling my 7 year old, she will be heartbroken, but I guess it’s the start of things to come. 

2 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

its a yes for my DS we are  beyond excited!!! he has been dancing less than a year, mostly all of which has been on zoom, but has worked really hard!! 

Good luck to everyone else!!

Congratulations 🎉

11 minutes ago, MamaFrosty said:

We haven’t heard either and I’m assuming the same - it’d be nice if they confirmed soon so we’ve got the weekend to get through the fallout of rejection rather than a school night! 

I really dont want to be thinking about it all weekend. So I would rather know tonight as well

25 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

We haven’t heard yet so presuming it’s a no as they seem to have emailed the acceptances. They definitely watched a good chunk of my dd recording. 

Have you received anything yet?

4 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

No, can’t believe we will now till Monday.  I’m surprised they didn’t send all the emails at the same time.  You?

No not received anything. So  it looking good. In our 1st audition no letter it it said what to work harder on. So if they are putting things like that in the emails maybe that's why we havent had them yet. I'd rather not wait all weekend 😫

Just now, Tiptoet said:

No not received anything. So  it looking good. In our 1st audition no letter it it said what to work harder on. So if they are putting things like that in the emails maybe that's why we havent had them yet. I'd rather not wait all weekend 😫

Sorry *not looking good 

1 hour ago, Medora said:

Congratulations to all those who’ve had good news! To those of you who got a yes, just out of interest did they watch the entire audition video? 

Youtube is showing a watch time of 12 mins across 4 views. Though not sure what that relates to in terms of video watch time

4 minutes ago, Londonballetmum said:

I guess no news is a no. We haven't had an email so I think that's the likely result. Don't they know people hang out on these forums and they should send out all the emails at once? 🤣 (joking obviously)

😂 dont they know dance mums/dads ovwrthink and like to talk 😂🙈 Did you get many views (I am deffinatly overthinking the views lol)

Just now, Tiptoet said:

😂 dont they know dance mums/dads ovwrthink and like to talk 😂🙈 Did you get many views (I am deffinatly overthinking the views lol)

We got 2 very short views, which I think were the 'checking if this works' views. And then 2 views for half the video length. My DD is only 7 so they stopped after the ronde de jambe, I guess when the content was moving into complex territory for her age. That said, I am not sure how youtube counts the time watched if people skip forward in a video. But that's irrelevant because I hope she doesn't have to do a video audition for a looooong time so I'd rather put that firmly in the past! 

9 minutes ago, Londonballetmum said:

We got 2 very short views, which I think were the 'checking if this works' views. And then 2 views for half the video length. My DD is only 7 so they stopped after the ronde de jambe, I guess when the content was moving into complex territory for her age. That said, I am not sure how youtube counts the time watched if people skip forward in a video. But that's irrelevant because I hope she doesn't have to do a video audition for a looooong time so I'd rather put that firmly in the past! 

I think ours was half as well. But like you said not sure if this was with skipping forward

Just to let you all know you tube allows you to watch the video in double speed.  So having only half your video watched doesn’t mean they only watched half as it will only show the time watched ie half of the video duration if watched on double time.   My daughter auditioned for WL and Elmhurst this year and got to both finals with only half the audition video being watched.  Good luck with your results.  Do keep trying if it’s a not yet my DD has had many nos and SWL and now has a place at Elmhurst for September.  

• Like 3