Tring CBA Video Audition 2021

Londonballetmum

3 hours ago, Londonballetmum said:

Our video has been watched twice as well on the 31st of March. I don't feel very optimistic because it's hardly been watched at all. My daughter is only 7 and hasn't auditioned before so I knew this would be a long shot. I am more upset at the personal effort that it required of me to put the video together for only 10% of it to be viewed. 

I think this is the nature of auditions sadly, they probably know more or less within the first minutes of watching. Some intensives only require a few photos and they base the entire decision on this. I don’t think you can jump to any conclusions at this stage, you may well get a yes. 

• Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ballet Power said:

Yes we had a view when I first sent it in and another this weekend. I think they’ve watched about 2 minutes over the weekend. But I think they watched about 5 minutes the first time. 
Did they watch much of yours?  

I think it was 2mins 40 over the weekend x

• Like 1

Tring were pretty quick with CBA results in September so hopefully you'll all hear soon 🤞

And try not to read anything into views or lack of, DD successfully auditioned for one of the big associates last year having only had a couple of minutes or so watched of her video. You really can never tell!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BellaF said:

Tring were pretty quick with CBA results in September so hopefully you'll all hear soon 🤞

And try not to read anything into views or lack of, DD successfully auditioned for one of the big associates last year having only had a couple of minutes or so watched of her video. You really can never tell!

Thankyou, bit if obsessive YouTube looking going on here 🤣 Was that a video audition in September? 

2 hours ago, Tiptoet said:

Thankyou, bit if obsessive YouTube looking going on here 🤣 Was that a video audition in September? 

Understandable 🤣

No they managed to squeeze in a face to face audition but most of the year has been via Zoom (still been a great programme!).

15 minutes ago, Ballet Power said:

We’ve had another viewing today. 

Eeek so exciting! I cant see any views o n my little girls video. I sent it via vimeo and was getting worries so sent it to my husband and it still doesn't show any views so I'm just going to have to sit and wait patiently! Although part of me still wants to email in and double check!

32 minutes ago, Tiny13 said:

Eeek so exciting! I cant see any views o n my little girls video. I sent it via vimeo and was getting worries so sent it to my husband and it still doesn't show any views so I'm just going to have to sit and wait patiently! Although part of me still wants to email in and double check!

I’m sure they’d have let you know if they couldn’t see it, I’m not sure how Vimeo works. I think you are better not being able to stalk the views!!

I got really excited when I saw another view 🤣 

Its such a lovely place. I'm guessing there wont be a lot of movement in this audition compared to the summer one 😫  We have already discussed if it's a 'not yet' we will try again x

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tiptoet said:

I got really excited when I saw another view 🤣 

Its such a lovely place. I'm guessing there wont be a lot of movement in this audition compared to the summer one 😫  We have already discussed if it's a 'not yet' we will try again x

That’s a good attitude. 👍🏻 Yes, more CBA places come up for September starts so it’s worth trying again.

49 minutes ago, Tiny13 said:

If it’s a no this time, when can they expect to audition again, do they have to wait a year or are they permitted to try again in the next auditions? 

I've heard this second hand from a friend with a child at the full time school but, according to her, Tring quite like it when a child comes back for another try as it shows how much they want it!

Pretty sure there are many stories on here of people getting in after a second (or third!) audition as well.

Edited by BellaF

46 minutes ago, Tiny13 said:

If it’s a no this time, when can they expect to audition again, do they have to wait a year or are they permitted to try again in the next auditions? 

When we auditioned 2 years ago it was in June. But because of covid it may be different this year. And as far as I know they can audition again straight away x

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I've heard this second hand from a friend with a child at the full time school but, according to her, Tring quite like it when a child comes back for another try as it shows how much they want it!

Think there are many stories on here of people getting in after a second (or third!) audition as well.

I wonder if they have on record when they last auditioned and what feedback they had for them x

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

Pretty sure there are many stories on here of people getting in after a second (or third!) audition as well.

If I remember rightly, dd didn’t get a place at CBA at 11 (she did get Central Preps) but on her letter it said they would like her to audition again next time.  At the time we thought that Central every Saturday would be enough so dd didn’t audition again until Year 9, when she was accepted.  Because CBA’ s not every week, dd said she could manage both, which she did.

So yes, it’s definitely worth trying again.

53 minutes ago, Anna C said:

If I remember rightly, dd didn’t get a place at CBA at 11 (she did get Central Preps) but on her letter it said they would like her to audition again next time.  At the time we thought that Central every Saturday would be enough so dd didn’t audition again until Year 9, when she was accepted.  Because CBA’ s not every week, dd said she could manage both, which she did.

So yes, it’s definitely worth trying again.

I wish we lived closer to try central x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BellaF said:

Oh that's really good to know, thank you!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tiptoet said:

I wish we lived closer to try central x

For us it was a 2 hour journey each way, including driving to the station, train and bus/tube.  Compared to a few people, that was quick - some travelled a heck of a distance!  

It certainly got easier when dd was old enough to do the journey alone. ☺️

1 minute ago, Ballet Power said:

How did you get on? We haven’t had our email yet so maybe they are sending in batches. 

its a yes for my DS we are  beyond excited!!! he has been dancing less than a year, mostly all of which has been on zoom, but has worked really hard!! 

Good luck to everyone else!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

its a yes for my DS we are  beyond excited!!! he has been dancing less than a year, mostly all of which has been on zoom, but has worked really hard!! 

Congrats to your DS!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

Congratulations to your DS, that’s wonderful news! Did they give you the April 25th summer term start date?