RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

PurplePirouette

1 hour ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

So well deserved - extremely happy for your DD. Well done. Well, well done everyone. Not yets, please do not be disheartened - it is not a sprint, but marathon. Hard work and perseverance plays a key role. 

Thank you so much, that’s so kind of you x

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ZingDancer said:

SWL and JEP for my DD (Yr 5) for Manchester. Pretty pleased with that as it is our first time applying 😊 well done to all xx

Yay my pupil got offered exactly the same for Manchester 🥰

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LAJ01 said:

They we're live over a 10week course.  She really enjoyed that and has gained a place this year too so they clearly helped her.

Can I jump on, what do the zoom lessons consist of? I have a pupil who has been an associate for 4yrs but today had another pupil on swl and offered the online classes x

• Like 1

In my experience, the online JE programme was really great. The classes were small enough for individual corrections, and they had a really positive feeling. It somehow didn’t feel like a normal studio class that had had to turn to Zoom because of lockdown. We’re very pleased to have accepted the place last year. 

• Like 1

Anyone starting the JEP on zoom, can collect from the southwest, I still have available a lovely ballet barre. 
Open to offers ☺️

the barre” home ballet barre.

2 metres long, adjustable height. Cream coloured. Very sturdy and in excellent condition. Only used during holidays, barely though 🤣, and during lockdown. 
£130. Too heavy to post so for collection only. Cornwall/Devon  border. 
https://ibb.co/T1hpT4d
https://ibb.co/zPDq2JM
https://ibb.co/PCdyTYS

• Like 1

Hi 👋🏼 those who got SWL did your email say ‘junior engagement programme’ or ‘junior online associates’.  I’ve seen lots of mentions of JEP I’m just wondering if they are offering 2 different online programmes.  Last year we did JEP but this year it says ‘new junior online associates’ TIA.

55 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi 👋🏼 those who got SWL did your email say ‘junior engagement programme’ or ‘junior online associates’.  I’ve seen lots of mentions of JEP I’m just wondering if they are offering 2 different online programmes.  Last year we did JEP but this year it says ‘new junior online associates’ TIA.

I think they’ve just changed the name for this year!

We are brand new to this. Feeling a bit terrified as we only entered on a bit of a “let’s just see” on the final day and got a yes for Y6 Eastleigh. I know nothing about ballet as my daughter is a gymnast really. Have we got in over our heads as she only does 45 mins of ballet a week and will she stick out like a sore thumb?! 🥴🥴🥴

• Like 2

@NoideaaboutballetCongratulations! We submitted ours on the last day, having decided to have one last go, and have a Year 6 place at Eastleigh too! My little pupil will see your DD there. The JA classes are all very simple and really focus on building correct basic technique, so don't worry.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Noideaaboutballet said:

We are brand new to this. Feeling a bit terrified as we only entered on a bit of a “let’s just see” on the final day and got a yes for Y6 Eastleigh. I know nothing about ballet as my daughter is a gymnast really. Have we got in over our heads as she only does 45 mins of ballet a week and will she stick out like a sore thumb?! 🥴🥴🥴

Congratulations! It is a lovely scheme and they take them all back to basics so it isn't difficult. A lot about posture etc. So your daughter won't stand out...she obviously is showing a lot of potential which is what they are looking for. Best of luck xxx 

We are very grateful that my DD has a place in Manchester y6.

I know that we have to wait for dates but I think that the lessons are alternate Fridays & Sundays. Does anyone know what time they attend on Fridays (roughly). Is it during the school day? Any information gratefully received!

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Congratulations! It is a lovely scheme and they take them all back to basics so it isn't difficult. A lot about posture etc. So your daughter won't stand out...she obviously is showing a lot of potential which is what they are looking for. Best of luck xxx 

Thank you so much!x

6 hours ago, BusyDancemum said:

Yes ours said new online Junior Associates too. Does this mean they can call themselves JAs (albeit online ones) 😂

2 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

Yes ours said new online Junior Associates too. Does this mean they can call themselves JAs (albeit online ones) 😂

Well I don’t see why not! Or even OJA’s 😆 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BusyDancemum said:

Well I don’t see why not! Or even OJA’s 😆 😉

It is so lovely that they are doing this for wait list children so it isn't all or nothing. My daughter is actually really excited about the online classes. So pleased!

Huge congratulations to everyone who got yes or online. Xx

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

It is so lovely that they are doing this for wait list children so it isn't all or nothing. My daughter is actually really excited about the online classes. So pleased!

Huge congratulations to everyone who got yes or online. Xx

Yes it is.  My daughter did JEP last year and offered again this year. It was really good.  I wonder if it will be any different with them changing the name?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

My daughter really enjoyed the JEP last year. When I saw some JA’s posting on Instagram about their classes, their def seemed to similarities between what my daughter was doing and what they were doing. So I’m guessing it was a slightly modified class that was a bit shorter and obv every other week. 

Edited by Lily Craggs
Meant to be in reply to spam cat
  • Like 1

I thought it might be worth linking to this thread in case any of the new JA parents have any general questions. It was started a couple of years ago (and some things may have changed due to Covid of course) but could still be useful if anyone wants any advice on uniform/when to expect more information etc...

1 minute ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Thanks! Super helpful. My DD is so excited, she wants to know everything right now!

Any other London newbies want to create a group to intro ourselves and DCs before they start?

Yes please ! I know my daughter would love to have some familiar faces before she joins 

38 minutes ago, Waverley said:

I thought it might be worth linking to this thread in case any of the new JA parents have any general questions. It was started a couple of years ago (and some things may have changed due to Covid of course) but could still be useful if anyone wants any advice on uniform/when to expect more information etc...

Thanks i remember finding this last year and reading it. I will have another read. 

Any Leeds folk on here want to do our own group before we start? Including any who are already JA’s? 🤗

4 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Thanks i remember finding this last year and reading it. I will have another read. 

Any Leeds folk on here want to do our own group before we start? Including any who are already JA’s? 🤗

There is already a group for year 4 and 5 JAs. I’m sure they’d welcome new comers. 

54 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Thanks! Super helpful. My DD is so excited, she wants to know everything right now!

Any other London newbies want to create a group to intro ourselves and DCs before they start?

Yes please we would love to!! Xx 

I have a son joining y4 in London, would love to join any groups to find out more, totally new to the world of Ballet. Does anyone know if the classes are mixed?