RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

PurplePirouette

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

We’re still waiting! Beginning to give up hope of them ever being watched to be honest! I submitted only hours before original deadline so not sure if that affected it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well, I submitted a good 3 weeks before the closing date and I’ve had no views. 🤷🏼‍♀️X

On 02/06/2021 at 06:22, Balletbuds80 said:

I think you can interpret any of it which way you want as i dont think anyone knows for sure (unless there are some insiders on this forum 😂)

1 view could mean they liked what they saw from the off and dont need to see any more! Multiple views could mean they aren't sure so need to keep checking and comparing or it could be completely opposite and could be going through stages with different people viewing. 
if i remember correctly, last year someone had a 2 minute view and got a yes!
Last year we had 1 full view of all videos and got a no 🤷‍♀️

How do you know how long they viewed for?

3 hours ago, DanceMum83 said:

You need to have/download YouTube Studio. It tells you when they were viewed and for how long xx

21 hours ago, DanceMum83 said:

Yes through youtube studio app or if you view on a computer, when you look at your videos through ‘manage your videos’ there is an option for analytics. The icon looks like bars on a bar chart. Try not to click on your video to watch as this will be included in the analytics. 

13 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

Still waiting for views here 🤦🏼‍♀️ Feeling like we’ve bee rejected on photos alone but in that case wish the video audition had been optional or they’d been clear about the photo importance! 

It seems lots are only just having views this week... Hard not to but don’t give up hope just yet! Is anyone else from your dance school still waiting? 

30 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

I'm starting to think ours is a straight no, our videos only look like they have been viewed for about 20 seconds each . 🤔

It could be a straight yes. Or anything. I really don’t think we can know. And it could be Google analytics being strange. I realised that the first time I looked at the analytics, I’d looked at the averages and as we’d viewed them all for a second, it looked like none had been viewed properly. 🤞🤞🤞 and hopefully we’ll know soon 😊💕

11 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

I'm starting to think ours is a straight no, our videos only look like they have been viewed for about 20 seconds each . 🤔

Ours too 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, EmB said:

Ours too 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am positive that they wont discount your DC’s after a 2 minute watch. I think they’ll revisit them before the results come out or they’ll be instant yes’. Otherwise its a waste or time and money for you if they dont watch the whole thing and i am certain that wont be the case. 

Edited by Balletbuds80

4 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I am positive that they wont discount your DC’s after a 2 minute watch. I think they’ll revisit them before the results come out or they’ll be instant yes’. Otherwise its a waste or time and money for you if they dont watch the whole thing and i am certain that wont be the case. 

Thank you Balletbuds80. 

She is quite new to ballet and only does a 30 min session a week. She does do 11 hours gymnastics training a week so is strong and flexible. Not sure if her physique will let her down as she is quite muscly. 🤦🏻‍♀️ But her ballet teacher told us all about it and recommended we apply. 

• Like 1

Controversial but I'm wondering if results will be after the government announcement on 14th June about social distancing guidelines being relaxed from 21st? I think distancing rules were a key point in how many children they could accept last year? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DancingMatilda said:

Controversial but I'm wondering if results will be after the government announcement on 14th June about social distancing guidelines being relaxed from 21st? I think distancing rules were a key point in how many children they could accept last year? 

That's a really good point. I hope it's soon, I'm sick of refreshing my emails 😂

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DancingMatilda said:

Good point. But I’m wondering if that were the case, would they also have delayed the mid associates results too? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DancingMatilda said:

Maybe ? Although it’s a long time from June to September when they would start classes , so things change often , I’d like to think by September we should be in a better situation in regards to Covid 

• Like 1

i was wondering if they are waiting for confirmation that social distancing will be a thing of the past before they confirm children to start in september as i know class sizes are tiny at the moment! 

Results in 2019 started on Tue 11th they came out by centre and paused on the Friday and Monday. All were out by the 21st June. 

Hang in there everyone, perhaps they’re trying to get back to normal so with or without the 21st looming you should hear in the next couple of weeks. 

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you all. 🤞

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Results in 2019 started on Tue 11th they came out by centre and paused on the Friday and Monday. All were out by the 21st June. 

Hang in there everyone, perhaps they’re trying to get back to normal so with or without the 21st looming you should hear in the next couple of weeks. 

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you all. 🤞

That would be the equivalent of the first group being issued today @sjballet 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

That would be the equivalent of the first group being issued today @sjballet 🤞🏻

Oh sorry. I didn’t mean to get hopes up. But I’m sure it won’t be long x

I think they’ll be doing the JEP again, my daughters certificate & email said ‘well done for completing our first junior engagement programme’, not something you’d put if it was a one-off 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Balletbow said:

I think they’ll be doing the JEP again, my daughters certificate & email said ‘well done for completing our first junior engagement programme’, not something you’d put if it was a one-off 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think this would be a good way for them to raise funds plus give more children an opportunity to participate. I do wonder if they will offer the program again. 

7 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

That's interesting. How did your daughter find doing JEP and what was the frequency of classes?