RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

55 minutes ago, K155srv said:

Having been through all associates before and full time school prelims and finals I don't think you can at all make heads nor tails of it all. The only thing over thinking it does sleepless nights and stress. 

Every school is different and every year is different. 

My advice, take it all in your stride and don't get disheartened if it's a 'no'. It doesn't mean no forever, just a no this time round. 

Xxx

totally agree, dont read ANYTHING into your views etc. Wait and see what happens, when my DS was auditioning for full-time school he only had one view on all three of his videos, got finals and a place offered for each! You really cant decode it xx

• Like 2

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, K155srv said:

Having been through all associates before and full time school prelims and finals I don't think you can at all make heads nor tails of it all. The only thing over thinking it does sleepless nights and stress. 

Every school is different and every year is different. 

My advice, take it all in your stride and don't get disheartened if it's a 'no'. It doesn't mean no forever, just a no this time round. 

Xxx

Totally agree.  I didn’t use You Tube this time so that I couldn’t be tempted into second guessing.  I’ve been down this path with one child already and know that it is impossible to guess what results will be for Associates or vocational school and there are surprises every year.  Good luck to everyone involved 🍀

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

That’s good to hear @In at the deep end, thanks for that. ☺️

I think @Sassydancer, @Exhausteddancemum and @SarahT were still waiting on views, have you had any since last posting?

One thing is for sure, everyday is one day closer to knowing🤷🏻‍♀️ 

We have had views now 😊🤞not too long now xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

I think @Sassydancer, @Exhausteddancemum and @SarahT were still waiting on views, have you had any since last posting?

Still no views🥲. Maybe they’ve filled their quota and aren’t watching anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️X

@Sassydancer I’m absolutely certain they won’t do that. As frustrating as it is, someone always has to be last and perhaps you are, for whatever random reason, towards the end of their views. I remember last year when the year 6 results came out, someone hadn’t had views until the night before the emails were sent. Then later in the process, for one centre someone had views the same morning the results went out. Hang in there and I’m sure your turn will come X

4 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

We’re still waiting! Beginning to give up hope of them ever being watched to be honest! I submitted only hours before original deadline so not sure if that affected it 🤦🏼‍♀️

3 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

We’re still waiting! Beginning to give up hope of them ever being watched to be honest! I submitted only hours before original deadline so not sure if that affected it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well, I submitted a good 3 weeks before the closing date and I’ve had no views. 🤷🏼‍♀️X

On 02/06/2021 at 06:22, Balletbuds80 said:

I think you can interpret any of it which way you want as i dont think anyone knows for sure (unless there are some insiders on this forum 😂)

1 view could mean they liked what they saw from the off and dont need to see any more! Multiple views could mean they aren't sure so need to keep checking and comparing or it could be completely opposite and could be going through stages with different people viewing. 
if i remember correctly, last year someone had a 2 minute view and got a yes!
Last year we had 1 full view of all videos and got a no 🤷‍♀️

How do you know how long they viewed for?

21 hours ago, DanceMum83 said:

How do you know how long they viewed for?

Yes through youtube studio app or if you view on a computer, when you look at your videos through ‘manage your videos’ there is an option for analytics. The icon looks like bars on a bar chart. Try not to click on your video to watch as this will be included in the analytics. 

13 hours ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

Still waiting for views here 🤦🏼‍♀️ Feeling like we’ve bee rejected on photos alone but in that case wish the video audition had been optional or they’d been clear about the photo importance! 

It seems lots are only just having views this week... Hard not to but don’t give up hope just yet! Is anyone else from your dance school still waiting? 

30 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

I'm starting to think ours is a straight no, our videos only look like they have been viewed for about 20 seconds each . 🤔

It could be a straight yes. Or anything. I really don’t think we can know. And it could be Google analytics being strange. I realised that the first time I looked at the analytics, I’d looked at the averages and as we’d viewed them all for a second, it looked like none had been viewed properly. 🤞🤞🤞 and hopefully we’ll know soon 😊💕

11 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

I'm starting to think ours is a straight no, our videos only look like they have been viewed for about 20 seconds each . 🤔

Ours too 🤷🏻‍♀️

13 hours ago, EmB said:

Ours too 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am positive that they wont discount your DC’s after a 2 minute watch. I think they’ll revisit them before the results come out or they’ll be instant yes’. Otherwise its a waste or time and money for you if they dont watch the whole thing and i am certain that wont be the case. 

Edited by Balletbuds80

4 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I am positive that they wont discount your DC’s after a 2 minute watch. I think they’ll revisit them before the results come out or they’ll be instant yes’. Otherwise its a waste or time and money for you if they dont watch the whole thing and i am certain that wont be the case. 

Thank you Balletbuds80. 

She is quite new to ballet and only does a 30 min session a week. She does do 11 hours gymnastics training a week so is strong and flexible. Not sure if her physique will let her down as she is quite muscly. 🤦🏻‍♀️ But her ballet teacher told us all about it and recommended we apply. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DancingMatilda said:

Controversial but I'm wondering if results will be after the government announcement on 14th June about social distancing guidelines being relaxed from 21st? I think distancing rules were a key point in how many children they could accept last year? 

That's a really good point. I hope it's soon, I'm sick of refreshing my emails 😂

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DancingMatilda said:

Controversial but I'm wondering if results will be after the government announcement on 14th June about social distancing guidelines being relaxed from 21st? I think distancing rules were a key point in how many children they could accept last year? 

Good point. But I’m wondering if that were the case, would they also have delayed the mid associates results too? 

• Like 2