RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

PurplePirouette

17 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

I had no idea it was that small - we have 2 JEP in our ballet school (Y4 & Y5 London) so assumed it was quite a big cohort 😳

I can’t be certain but it was just my guess as the classes seem so mixed. When we divided the no of children , in two different classes, to how many centres. 

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Isabella said:

My niece is a JEP and she said there’s around 14 people on zoom I just assumed they were from her centre alone not sure if they’re from the other centres too. 

There’s multiple centres per class. 

Posted (edited)

Someone somewhere (I don’t remember the exact conversation or why I was lead to think this) along the line told us there were around 80 JEP children presumably over Y4 and Y5. Divided by (I think) 10 centres that would be around 8 children per centre? Someone we know said their child is in a class with 12 children, and that class name has a ‘colour’ name so there are presumably several groups.

In a ‘normal’ year when they would have taken more children compared to last year, I think for sure some of the SWL children would definitely have got spaces. Given we’re not clearly out of social distancing yet, it’s hard to imagine they’ll suddenly expand to much bigger groups. So maybe number will be greater than last year, but still a touch restricted. Just a gut feeling. 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Spelling

My daughter's JEP class has about 14 girls and they are from across the whole country - one girl is in Ireland - I'm pretty sure my daughter is the only one in her group from Eastleigh but I know there are other Eastleigh girls in the programme somewhere. Her teacher runs 3 JEP classes on a Saturday 

My daughter is a JEP. I think there are two zoom classes for year 4 students and two for year 5. Her zoom class has about 16 children in. So if I am correct,  that would be 30 students per year group across all centres. I think 🤔 

I don’t think being part of JEP is going to give them any right of passage on to JA. I think it will all go on what they show in the audition videos this time. 

I would presume as some of these children were chosen via video after a few minutes viewing for the JEP programme that they may have discovered that some aren’t right for their programme. 
Of course this may not be the case but I would like to think JEP children won’t get priority over none JEP children and they’re all given a fair chance. 

14 hours ago, DancingMatilda said:

My daughter's JEP class has about 14 girls and they are from across the whole country - one girl is in Ireland - I'm pretty sure my daughter is the only one in her group from Eastleigh but I know there are other Eastleigh girls in the programme somewhere. Her teacher runs 3 JEP classes on a Saturday 

My daughter is JEP, she would be Eastleigh too

On 22/05/2021 at 21:30, Isabella said:

Still no views for us...trying not to worry about it. Discounted by photos? 

They will watch all videos i would think as you wouldn't pay for an in person and your daughter stand on the sidelines. Also i dont think photos are a true representation of how a child dances. Good luck x

5 minutes ago, Reggi said:

How do u find out how long they have viewed videos for please x

I think you can only do so if you uploaded via YouTube. If so, go to your videos section and then look at the “analytics”. It can be a bit slow to catch up - takes c24 hours after the view to load details of how long they were viewed for etc. And a little clunky (mine changed its mind and decided part 1 had actually been viewed for 10 minutes, not 5 🤦‍♀️).

It’s vaguely nice to know, but now I’m driving myself nuts with what did it all mean - they watched all of part 1 and all of part 2 but only 55% of part 3 - was that because she was a definite no by then, or a yes, or neither 🤣😬

so don’t worry if you can’t get the analytics, you might be saving yourself some crazy 😝 

8 minutes ago, BalletNorth said:

Last year the JA results came out in June half term, so not long now fingers crossed!

That was just year 6 results - the other years came by centre over a couple of months in the autumn. 

Obviously won't be as drawn this year but I'd perhaps dial back any expectations of hearing at half term. Hope I'm wrong though! Fingers crossed for you all!

• Like 2

The year before last we heard on 21 June, and we were amongst the last to hear as at that stage it was sent out centre by centre so results had been trickling out for the few days prior to that. 

I would think it will be a little while yet - if we assume late June then we can only be pleasantly surprised!

Hi Everyone. Complete newbie here. Think we may have bitten off more than we can chew. Daughter only has one 30 min lesson a week and started 18 months ago - but obviously most of that was during lockdown. 🤦🏻‍♀️

9 minutes ago, EmB said:

Hi Everyone. Complete newbie here. Think we may have bitten off more than we can chew. Daughter only has one 30 min lesson a week and started 18 months ago - but obviously most of that was during lockdown. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hi. Dont worry. I am under the impression they look for potential. I have heard previous year of DC’s getting in with little experience. Your DD has as much chance as any and i imagine her teacher may have put her forward so would have an idea what they look for. 

1 hour ago, EmB said:

Hello EmB and welcome to the Forum!

2 hours ago, EmB said:

Don’t worry. They look for potential :)

Hi all, new to this page! 

My daughter applied for the first time this year, Manchester. I don't think we have had any views although our videos are not on YouTube so not 100% sure Im checking correctly on my drive file?

Good luck to everyone xxx

51 minutes ago, Nicolamcaree said:

Hi all, new to this page! 

My daughter applied for the first time this year, Manchester. I don't think we have had any views although our videos are not on YouTube so not 100% sure Im checking correctly on my drive file?

Good luck to everyone xxx

I believe you can only see if been viewed if you uploaded via YouTube. 
I may be wrong but I’m certain that is the case. 
welcome and good luck xx

10 hours ago, Footloose48 said:

Hi all, am new to the forum! Our DD (for yr 6 London) videos have been viewed 20%, 30% and 55%. How exciting! 🤔 Good luck everyone!

Hello Footloose48 and welcome to the Forum!