RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

32 minutes ago, Missdancemum said:

Our videos were partially viewed for the first time yesterday. I think existing JA still have to apply & submit audition videos too?

I think up until year 6 they just get an offer for another year. 
I don’t believe any from our school have had to reauditon before. 
Short wait list do though. 

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Pinkandwhite said:

So our videos haven’t been viewed at all yet. Is anyone else still waiting for a view? 
do you think they will carry on viewing through Half term or do you think we will have to wait for it to resume after half term? 

We haven’t had any at all! 

I know people who haven't had any views too. I suspect that different centres are being looked at by different people? Our friends with no views are Bath.  Or perhaps in in the order videos were submitted? They were near the original deadline for submission..... 

Edited by In at the deep end
Additional text
  • Like 1

Existing JAs do not need to re-audition each year - they stay on the programme until the end of Y6 (unless there are any extraordinary circumstances or issues around non-attendance). In Y6 they have to audition for Mids if they want to try for that. 

Existing JAs had the email this week which asks them to confirm whether they want to take up their place for next year, along with the handbook, uniform list and dates for next session etc. It’s not a case of having to audition or be assessed though. Anything can be worded how to want it to be on social media I guess 🙂 

• Like 4

On 29/05/2021 at 09:12, Isabella said:

Anybody else trying to work out 2nd views, 1 view, which video, how long? 😂 Not long until June x

Yes me! 🤣 Only the first was viewed - it was like that for ages - then they were all viewed, then a week ago all were viewed again... but I don’t think any of them were watched all the way through. Kind of wishing I hadn’t used YouTube so I couldn’t keep checking the analytics! 🤣

14 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

I know people who haven't had any views too. I suspect that different centres are being looked at by different people? Our friends with no views are Bath.  Or perhaps in in the order videos were submitted? They were near the original deadline for submission..... 

We applied to Bath and have had 2/3 views (yr 4) but I know others with older children (who submitted early) who haven’t yet had a first view... maybe Bath are reviewing youngest to oldest?

6 minutes ago, Tendu43 said:

Yes me! 🤣 Only the first was viewed - it was like that for ages - then they were all viewed, then a week ago all were viewed again... but I don’t think any of them were watched all the way through. Kind of wishing I hadn’t used YouTube so I couldn’t keep checking the analytics! 🤣

We have had 1 view on part 1. Then 4 views part 2 and 5 views on part 3 But there has only been 3 of those views which have had a good amount watched. The others were less than 2 mind so thinking maybe an error. 
Also we submitted in Feb, had our first view 6th May and our last view last week! 

Edited by Balletbuds80

It’s all so different! I’m not sure how to read any of it except that there are different people doing the viewings?? We’ve had the first two viewed 100% and 59% for part three but all only once. I can’t decide if that’s because they discounted her or loved her... or neither. Just hope we get the results this next month!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babyballerinamum said:

It’s all so different! I’m not sure how to read any of it except that there are different people doing the viewings?? We’ve had the first two viewed 100% and 59% for part three but all only once. I can’t decide if that’s because they discounted her or loved her... or neither. Just hope we get the results this next month!

Exactly the same here! All of videos 1 and 2 and 62% part 3. No more views. Obviously others have had more views, so the fact we haven't means what?! 

28 minutes ago, Tinydancingfeet said:

We are Leeds  yr5 and had viewings a couple of weeks ago of all 3, then today I have noticed another couple of viewings of video 2 and 3 no idea what it means first time for us .

Hello Tinydancingfeet and welcome to the Forum! 

• Like 1

I dont know if any intrest but my eldest dd applied for JAs in 16/17/18(successful in 18) and everytime the audition results came out on 13th June...  Could be a coincidence??? 

My younger dd has applied this year y4 Birmingham all videos have been see a couple times. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

We’ve had more views today, video 2 & 3 🤔 

so they have now viewed her on 3 separate occasions. 

I wish I knew what all of this meant! We're applying for the same group. All videos watched thoroughly once, then each watched again for just a few seconds last week 🤔 I hope we find out soon! 

15 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

I wish I knew what all of this meant! We're applying for the same group. All videos watched thoroughly once, then each watched again for just a few seconds last week 🤔 I hope we find out soon! 

@In at the deep enddo you still have friends waiting on views? 

27 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

We were thoroughly watched on all 3 the first time, then a viewing on 2 and 3 around half of each watched, then another quick view today. 
Hooefully it means she isn’t a straight no 🤞

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

We were thoroughly watched on all 3 the first time, then a viewing on 2 and 3 around half of each watched, then another quick view today. 
Hooefully it means she isn’t a straight no 🤞

We had only one view on the first vid for ages, at which point I thought she must have been seen and discounted at the first round, and then the second two were viewed... and then last week all three were viewed again. I feel the same as you, at least she wasn’t a straight no! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Isabella said:

If you’ve only had one view are you out of the game? 😪

It could also mean you’re a slam dunk. There was someone on here last year who discounted their DC s as they only had one view and they were offered a place. I seem to remember it is totally impossible to read 😊😊🤞🤞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Isabella said:

I think you can interpret any of it which way you want as i dont think anyone knows for sure (unless there are some insiders on this forum 😂)

1 view could mean they liked what they saw from the off and dont need to see any more! Multiple views could mean they aren't sure so need to keep checking and comparing or it could be completely opposite and could be going through stages with different people viewing. 
if i remember correctly, last year someone had a 2 minute view and got a yes!
Last year we had 1 full view of all videos and got a no 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Isabella said:

Having been through all associates before and full time school prelims and finals I don't think you can at all make heads nor tails of it all. The only thing over thinking it does sleepless nights and stress. 

Every school is different and every year is different. 

My advice, take it all in your stride and don't get disheartened if it's a 'no'. It doesn't mean no forever, just a no this time round. 

Xxx

• Like 4