Sussex summer school

Happymum

And it is very sunny this morning too as well.

It's typical isn't it we worry ourselves into a frenzy about things even when we KNOW 9/10 times everything will be absolutely fine!

I'm sure she'll have a lovely time and I would be particularly interested to hear about this summer school.

I'm off to not so sunny London I believe this morning to do a summer school for the older person there! I'm trying a contemporary class this pm and have been worrying about it being up and down from the floor too much the others will be flying across the room whilst I'm still trying to get to standing!!

Have a great time yourselves in Sussex there are so many nice tea shops and pubs(for that something stronger!)

• Like 1

LinMM, loved all the info you have given out.  Have only been here nearly 3 years so I've learnt a lot about the area I now live in - thanks :)

Happymum, glad your DD has settled in.  I can't add much to the information given by LinMM except if you like cider at all, visit Middle Farm on the A27 between Eastbourne and Lewes - National Cider Collection here, lots of lovely local produce and a butchers as well. 

• Like 1

Actually was thinking if you're not far from Forest Row there used tobe a really nice bread shop and whole foods place there but haven't been for a while so may have gone but worth a check.

The contemporary class I was worried about was fantastic and I think I could really get into it again! Lots of work on spirals really great fun and the teacher Bethany Ramsey(ex royal) is just so good. Our last piece was to Nina Simone across the room.

It's raining here in London hope it holds off for you tonight in Sussex but I think it's going to be mostly fine down there!!

Any news of DD?

• Like 1

Today my DD didn't call till 9pm! She had no time: classes, new friends, bingo, ball games and the tuck shop again. And she lost just one thing today- her hair brush. She said that the classes are great and her favourite was .... Ballet class of course, as always.

I decided not to check my phone every half an hour after 5pm tomorrow. She is obviously happy there and I should just enjoy and explore east Sussex. It did rain heavily today few times but it was mostly a warm and sunny day. My DS is off to a pony club tomorrow and me and DH decided not to drive anywhere but walk the nearby nature trail and cUckoo trail. Off to seven sisters and Brighton, Lewes etc on Wed and Thu. Will try and visit at least one place recommended by you:-)

• Like 3

Happymum if you go into Lewes there is a lovely French style café which sells fresh macaroons - I'm not a fan but non-dd is and she loves them.  It's down the cobbled bit not far from Argos and on the same side as Argos almost opposite a lighting shop.  There's some antique syle/bric-a-brac shops there as well :)

I enjoyed watching Sussex SS show today. There were 4 groups this time ( normally there are 5, but this week wasn't full). Each group presented 4 dances: ballet, musical theatre, Greek and contemporary. It was well prepared and interesting to watch. It looked to me that the ballet was least important, all other style looked better, more difficult etc and my DD agreed- she'd like to do more ballet. But she loved the school, met lots of lovely girls ( lots of them v good dancers) and had a very good time. I felt that she was well looked after and Must say that the food was very healthy and good quality.

My DD would love to come back next year but also would like to do more ballet so we may try our luck with RBS and York first as DD will be old enough next summer.

For all interested: that was the last Sussex SS in Forest Row. The New venue nearby will have normal rooms and showers ( as I know that not everyone liked sleeping in a big hall and communal showers). Hope it helps LinMM :-) let me know you'd like more info.

• Like 1

Do have a go for the York one next year this would be a great experience for your DD if she is more into ballet. I can also recommend a very good self catering unit.....sleeps three to four with attached BandB if you get that far as that area too is lovely to explore!!

But seriously I think the atmosphere on this one was very good and the kids well looked after. My friends DD did it this year but she didn't board but I think the boarding is probably part of the fun so worth it if funds are not too short.

But the ballet standards were very high as a whole even in the younger groups.....definitely one to aim for though!!