News: Northern Ballet late Spring 2021 dates announced

New Yorkshire Dates Announced
Dear Janet
We are thrilled to share an update on our spring tour, which will see the Company return to the stage with performances of David Nixon OBE's Swan Lake and Dangerous Liaisons.
Dangerous Liaisons 
A ballet by David Nixon OBE
Sheffield Lyceum Theatre 
Tue 15 – Sat 19 June 
Discover more
Rescheduled: Swan Lake 
A ballet by David Nixon OBE
Leeds Grand Theatre
Thu 13 – Sat 22 May
Discover more
If you have already booked tickets for a postponed performance of Swan Lake, Leeds Grand Theatre will contact you directly to discuss your options.
  • Like 6

Today I've had notification from The Lowry that the scheduled performances of Swan Lake have been replaced by a mixed programme on the first night and Dangerous Liaisons Thursday-Saturday. The performances are scheduled for 05-08 May.

Fingers and everything else crossed that the pandemic situation has improved enough for these shows to go ahead.

1 hour ago, alison said:

Well, at least there's (currently?) still something in the slot.

I'm hoping to get to see Swan Lake in Leeds the following week - I've got tickets.

I'm quite happy with the change of programme - the mixed bill has an interesting mix.  I thought it was going to be the same programme they presented at Leeds Playhouse but they have taken out some of the duets and swapped in For an Instant which I adored when I saw it live in 2019.  I love Dangerous Liaisons too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well you've got to give Northern Ballet 10 out of 10 for effort.

I've just had emails from both The Lowry and Leeds Grand with re-re-re-scheduled dates.  Hopefully these performances will be able to go ahead.

Swan Lake - Leeds Grand - 17-29 May

Dangerous Liaisons - The Lowry - 01-05 June

Everything crossed that these performances will be able to go ahead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing is straightforward at the moment!

Swan Lake at Leeds Grand has been moved again.  It is now on in Leeds from 17-26 June (still with the checkerboard seating arrangement).

I spoke to a very helpful gentleman at the box office and he has been able to sort out my ticket allocations to my satisfaction.

Fingers crossed that these dates can go ahead.

• Like 1

Northern Ballet at Sadler's Wells

275053_nblogowhite.png
Sadler's Wells performances announced

Dear Janet,

I am thrilled to announce that we will be returning to Sadler’s Wells in June with performances of David Nixon OBE’s Dangerous Liaisons and our Contemporary Cuts 2021 mixed programme.

s.gif
Dangerous Liaisons
Dangerous Liaisons - A ballet by David Nixon OBE

London Sadler’s Wells 

Tue 8 – Thu 10 June

Priority booking for Patrons 6 April

Performed with minimal set and full costumes, Dangerous Liaisons is set to Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, played live by Northern Ballet Sinfonia.

Discover more

s.gif
Contemporary Cuts 2021
Contemporary Cuts 2021

London Sadler’s Wells 

Fri 11 & Sat 12 June

Priority booking for Patrons 6 April

A showcase of world-class dance, enjoy excerpts from 1984 and Jane Eyre as well as Little Monsters, For An Instant and Kenneth Tindall’s new work States of Mind.

Discover more

s.gif

s.gif
Arts Council England | Leeds City Council
The Liz & Terry Bramall Foundation | The Emerald Foundation | John Ellerman Foundation
facebook-v2.png twitter-v2.png instagram-v2.png tiktok-v2.png youtube-v2.png

Photos Emma Kauldhar. 

Northern Ballet registered charity number 259140. Company registration number 947096. VAT number 202 0374 70.

o.gif

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to News: Northern Ballet late Spring 2021 dates announced
  • 1 month later...

GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX

Northern Ballet returns to touring this June

Joseph Taylor & Antoinette Brooks-Daw in Dangerous Liaisons. Photo Emma Kauldhar.

Dangerous Liaisons: 1 – 10 June 2021

Contemporary Cuts 2021: 11 & 12 June 2021

Swan Lake: 17 – 26 June 2021

Northern Ballet plans to return to touring for the first time since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Leeds-based company, which has not been able to perform outside of its home city since November 2019, will hold a limited three venue tour to Salford, London and Leeds this June.

The Company will open its tour with a revival of David Nixon OBE’s Dangerous Liaisons with performances at The Lowry, Salford from 1 – 5 June 2021, followed by performances at Sadler’s Wells, London from 8 – 10 June 2021. Inspired by the original scandalous novel and acclaimed Hollywood retellings, danced to Vivaldi’s rousing The Four Seasons, Dangerous Liaisons is the bodice-ripping tale of two bored aristocrats as they spin a web of heartbreak and ruin.

Sarah Chun and Joseph Taylor in Dangerous Liaisons. Photo Emma Kauldhar.

Also at Sadler’s Wells, from 11 – 12 June 2021 Northern Ballet will perform Contemporary Cuts2021, a mixed programme of contemporary and modern ballet works including the London première of Kenneth Tindall’s States of Mind and Amaury Lebrun’s For an Instant as well as Demis Volpi’s Little Monsters and excerpts from Jonathan Watkins’ 1984 and Cathy Marston’s Jane Eyre.

Minju Kang with Ayami Miyata and Kyungka Kwak in States of Mind. Photo Emma Kauldhar.

Closing the season, Northern Ballet will return home to Leeds Grand Theatre for performances of David Nixon OBE’s Swan Lake, a unique adaptation of the traditional tale where, haunted by a childhood tragedy resulting in the death of his beloved brother, Anthony looks to the water for answers – in whatever form they take.

Antoinette Brooks-Daw, Jenny Hackwell, Rachael Gillespie and Isabelle Clough in Swan Lake. 
Photo Lauren Godfrey.

David Nixon OBE, Artistic Director of Northern Ballet, said: “We are thrilled to be able to announce this return to touring. As the pandemic has continued, so has our hunger to perform live and although this is only a short tour, I truly hope that these first steps are the beginning of a return to normality. We cannot wait to see our audiences in person and hope that this tour will open the doors to more performances, more venues and full audiences in the near future.”

Dangerous Liaisons and Swan Lake will feature live music played by Northern Ballet Sinfonia.Contemporary Cuts 2021 will be performed to recorded music apart from live piano for the Jane Eyre excerpt. Dangerous Liaisons and Contemporary Cuts 2021 performances will be performed in full costume but ‘black box style’ without sets. Audiences will be socially distanced.

For full details of all performances plus booking information visit northernballet.com/whats-on

-ENDS-

Notes to Editors

Tour Details

Dangerous Liaisons

Salford, The Lowry

1 – 5 June 2021 GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX

Box Office: 0343 208 6000*

thelowry.com/dance

Dangerous Liaisons

London, Sadler’s Wells

8 – 10 June 2021 GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX

sadlerswells.com

Contemporary Cuts 2021

London, Sadler’s Wells

11 & 12 June 2021

sadlerswells.com

Swan Lake

Leeds Grand Theatre

17 – 26 June 2021

leedsheritagetheatres.com

*Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s charge.
GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX Audio Described performance. For dates and more information, please visit northernballet.com/audio-described-performances

Northern Ballet

Northern Ballet is one of the UK’s leading ballet companies and the widest touring ballet company in the UK. Bold and innovative in its approach, Northern Ballet is prolific at creating new full-length work with a unique blend of strong classical technique and impressive storytelling. Northern Ballet’s repertoire embraces popular culture and takes inspiration from literature, legend, opera and the classics, pushing the boundaries of what stories can be told through dance.

A champion for the cultural exports of the North, Leeds-based Northern Ballet is dedicated to bringing ballet to as many people and places as possible, under the leadership of Artistic Director David Nixon OBE. Northern Ballet’s Company of dancers performs a combination of its full-length ballets and specially created ballets for children at more than 40 venues annually.

For more details of Northern Ballet's tour, on sale dates and booking information, please visit northernballet.com/whats-on

A screenshot of a cell phone  Description automatically generated    GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX 

Productions supported by
GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX    GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX  GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX   GetFile?v=1&signature=rm4nAxWlbHQGNyIoPX  

Audio Description supported by

Photos Emma Kauldhar & Lauren Godfrey.

• Like 1