Do all White Lodge students get an MDS grant?

Millicent

I've tried to find the answer online but can't find anything that says it clearly. Do all White Lodge students get an MDS grant that covers their tuition fees? I know in some schools they do an additional round of auditions for funding but I can't quite figure out what the position is for White Lodge. Many thanks.

Edited by Millicent

• Millicent changed the title to Do all White Lodge students get an MDS grant?
26 minutes ago, Millicent said:

I've tried to find the answer online but can't find anything that says it clearly. Do all White Lodge students get an MDS grant that covers their tuition fees? I know in some schools they do an additional round of auditions for funding but I can't quite figure out what the position is for White Lodge. Many thanks.

Yes it’s all means tested .

• 2 weeks later...

What does the means testing look at? Just income or does it look at other assets like property or company assets? Note that funding drops off completely after a certain amount. A place at any of the schools is a long shot but not sure we could afford to send DD anyway looking at the calculator. 

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

What does the means testing look at? Just income or does it look at other assets like property or company assets? Note that funding drops off completely after a certain amount. A place at any of the schools is a long shot but not sure we could afford to send DD anyway looking at the calculator. 

It is income - all income, pre tax and deductions - but not other assets. The calculator is fairly accurate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BellaF said:

Ours is pretty much exactly what the calculator said it would be. Bear in mind there are other expenses, like boarding activities, trips, travel at exeat weekends and formal uniform. Probably averages about £150-200 extra per term or so. 
When thinking about affordability, we found it helpful to take the termly amount and split it by 4, which we then started putting away from the May before DD started. There is a boarding school fee scheme that helps you spread the payment without having anything up front (I think), but I assume you would pay a surcharge for this.

Edited by SissonneDoublee
  • Like 2