World premiere: new version of "Cinderella" by Johan Kobborg - NBA Ballet Company Japan

World premiere of the new work "Cinderella" by former British Royal Ballet principal Johan Kobborg.
Akane Takada, the principal of the Royal Ballet in the UK, will appear as a guest in the role of Cinderella! (February 6th) * February 7th Cinderella: Nao Nokubo

https://www.nbaballet.org/performance/2020/cinderella/

Forum Members based in Japan may be particularly interested - good to see there is at least some live ballet elsewhere!

Very pleased for Akane too....

• Like 2

I saw from a Japanese tweet that Akane Takada is replacing Francesca Hayward who was scheduled to dance Cinderella but Japanese COVID restrictions rather kaiboshed arrangements. Here’s the translation:

“Francesca Hayward, who was scheduled to appear as a guest of the February performance Cinderella, was unable to enter the country due to the government's suspension of new entry from the UK, so on Saturday, February 6th The role of Cinderella will be changed to Akane Takada, the principal of the Royal Ballet in the United Kingdom.”

• Like 2

Yes it was originally intended to have Francesca Hayward as Cinderella, but as it is now impossible to have guests from overseas other than Japanese citizens they have invited Akane Takada instead. Kobborg has already entered Japan just in time and currently is in quarantine.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsp5x9AerZ/ (Kobborg's Instagram)

They have funded some of the fees for this world premiere by crowd funding. 

NBA Ballet is also inviting Ryoichi Hirano and Sarah Lamb for their Dracula (Michael Pink production) this summer. It was supposed to be performed last August but it was postponed. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Richard LH said:

World premiere of the new work "Cinderella" by former British Royal Ballet principal Johan Kobborg.
Akane Takada, the principal of the Royal Ballet in the UK, will appear as a guest in the role of Cinderella! (February 6th) * February 7th Cinderella: Nao Nokubo

https://www.nbaballet.org/performance/2020/cinderella/

Forum Members based in Japan may be particularly interested - good to see there is at least some live ballet elsewhere!

Very pleased for Akane too....

Now I’d gladly pay for a stream of this! 😉 

• Like 4

On 06/01/2021 at 13:19, Naomi M said:

Yes it was originally intended to have Francesca Hayward as Cinderella, but as it is now impossible to have guests from overseas other than Japanese citizens they have invited Akane Takada instead. Kobborg has already entered Japan just in time and currently is in quarantine.  

she will be brilliant!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Yes it was originally intended to have Francesca Hayward as Cinderella, but as it is now impossible to have guests from overseas other than Japanese citizens they have invited Akane Takada instead.

Naomi did you get to see this? We would love a review, if you did....

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
Just now, Richard LH said:

Oops, sorry! I thought I had seen her review but couldn't find it and I forget there was a "performance seen" thread for this.!...lockdown fatigue. 

I also thought I'd seen it and took me a bit to find it. 😀

• 1 month later...

NBA Ballet is also inviting Ryoichi Hirano and Sarah Lamb for their Dracula (Michael Pink production) this summer. It was supposed to be performed last August but it was postponed.

Akane Takada is now cast for this  (August 7th and 8th 2021) instead of  Sarah Lamb. 

https://www.nbaballet.org/performance/2021/dracula/

• Like 1