Libertango (Choreo: Nancy Osbaldeston) - Royal Ballet Flanders online live show - Fri 8 Jan 2021

Hi all, (and Happy New Year!)

A heads-up for my fellow Nancy Osbaldeston fans*, she's choreographed and is dancing in a programme for Royal Ballet Flanders - who might actually be called Opera Ballet Vlaanderen now? - and it's on this Friday for the bargain price of €5. 

The link is here.

Music and dance go happily together in this danced concert around the oeuvre of Astor Piazzolla. With Libertango the Argentinian composers created one of his great masterpiece. It's a symbol for Piazzolla's break with traditional tango music and the freedom his Tango Nuevo carries within. This innovating style is now emblematic of the Argentinian master, with all its influences from jazz and classical traditions.

Tango, jazz, classical music…: all these elements and more inspired our British principal dancer Nancy Osbaldeston, who choreographed the music by Piazzolla . She, seven other dancers from the company and the musicians of the Ensemble Libertad breathe new live into the excuberant and deeply felt music of Piazzolla.

Libertango guarantees a sparkling evening of virtuosity, passion and a hint of melancholy.

Choreography

Nancy Osbaldeston

Ensemble Libertad:

Violin: Ann Vancoillie

Cello: Sigrid Vandenbogaerde

Piano: Vincent Bruyninckx

Bandoneon: Dick Van der Harst

Dancers Opera Ballet Vlaanderen

Brent Daneels, Lara Fransen, Mikio Kato, Gary Lecoutre, Philipe Lens, Ruka Nakagawa, Nancy Osbaldeston, James Waddell

I'll be there, so if you're also attending, do wave! I'll be the one in the front row of the stalls with a glass of wine, their feet up on a coffee table, and a purring cat in their lap. :)

* For the uninitiated, she's a principal at Royal Ballet Flanders, ex-ENB, and is basically completely amazing.

Edited by BristolBillyBob
  • Like 2