Dutch National Ballet Academy

Megan

I am Dutch so well acquainted with the school. One of the best in Europe I would say. They don’t offer accommodation. That’s something you will have to organise yourself. The Dutch don’t really do boarding schools. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. My son is 16 years old and Dutch National has been his number 1 choice for ages so he is very happy (and honoured) to have been awarded this. I would have thought they will have contacts for accommodation given that some of their students are from other countries? 

• 2 weeks later...

Megan, the school helps you with finding accommodations. They don’t have a boarding facility but students live together in small groups and work with host families. Another option is the studentenhotel.com

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/12/2020 at 10:38, Megan said:

My son has been offered a place at Dutch National Ballet Academy. Does anyone know anything about this particularly the accommodation options. Thanks very much 

Hi Meghan,

Congratulations to your son. We're looking at european schools, and am just wondering how the process compared to the british audition process.  After sub,itting an initial video was there a live online/zoom audition? 

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2021 at 06:36, sillysally said:

Hi Meghan,

Congratulations to your son. We're looking at european schools, and am just wondering how the process compared to the british audition process.  After sub,itting an initial video was there a live online/zoom audition? 

Sorry I have only just seen this. My son was awarded his place through YAGP (the Asia pacific virtual one last year). He leaves in august and will be staying at The Student Hotel. Exciting for him but scary for us given that we live so far away and we are in the middle of a pandemic! 

• 4 weeks later...

hello megan

how is your search going for your DS? My DD who is almost 16 is offered a place at Dutch National Ballet Academy as well. We had an unpleasant experience some time ago in Paris and this time she is very cautious of where she will be heading to.

We understand that the school environment and friendships are great but accomodation and related chores will be a task.

Have you found your solution yet?
I'll be happy to hear your about it. And, to which grade wil your DS will be going to, my DD will be NBA 7.