Royal Ballet - Within the Golden Hour mixed programme livestream - 13/11/2020

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Im a bit confused ...was this a livestream..as in the first gala they had a few weeks back or was this just a sort of streamed recording? 
I wouldn’t risk a livestream anymore as didn’t work last time at least not on the night otherwise you are just watching a recording anyway? If this will all be eventually released I suppose you might as well wait if not seeing it live. 
But perhaps they will not release the whole event or not for some time. 

This was a livestream, and has now been "released", as you call it.  It's available for the next 3 weeks, for £10 - money well spent in my opinion.  Or am I misunderstanding you?

• Like 1

I haven't had chance to post yet, but halfway through my second viewing of the WTGH programme and loving it all! Enjoying watching some of my established "favourite" dancers, but also discovering some dancers I have seen much less of in the past. The standout of those being Akane Takada, who I'll be making a point of booking to see when things return to normal!

Interesting to see the discussion on the YouTube clips. Personally I'd be very happy to see all the footage on YouTube at some point - for me the increase in quality would be more than worth it, even if it meant people who hadn't paid ending up seeing the same thing. I can very much understand the opposite viewpoint though!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DanJL said:

…..for me the increase in quality would be more than worth it, even if it meant people who hadn't paid ending up seeing the same thing. 

Did you have quality problems with the stream? 

Maybe it's just my laptop but I get pretty regular sound interference and the picture isn't as clear as YouTube videos (at least the recorded videos, I find they are a little clearer than live broadcasts on YouTube). It's still very enjoyable to be able to see the recent shows though 🙂

I’d probably be happy to pay £10 for this but after the event as it were! Just not for the actual live event as that was so frustrating last time.  And there never was an explanation from ROH as to why so many people couldn’t access it on the gala night.  However I expect most people are paying to see it go out live. 
I agree that if they were to put too much out in the next 30 days for free that would be annoying if you’d paid £10 for it. But perhaps they are hoping to entice people like me who are not up to speed on this latest stream to buy it now!! 
I still don’t know what’s performed in this one yet but will have a look. 
If however they were to livestream the whole of Swan Lake with Hayward and Corrales ( assuming theatres were not fully open so difficult to get tickets etc) I’d be first in the queue!! Also Apple are bringing out their new iPad soon so with bit of luck may even get it actually live by then!! 

Thankyou Alison!   I just haven’t been on the ROH website for weeks now though am sure will get more interested when there’s a real possibility of attending in person again. 
It will be nice to see a full length ballet too. 

16 hours ago, alison said:

Wasn't the earlier performance with William Bracewell?

Yes it was, Alison.  I think he and Frankie dance really well together. I loved their R & J earlier and looking forward to the DVD.

• Like 2

Just watched Scherzo for the second time, really lovely - well done Valentino on creating it.  Does anyone know who the two dancers in red were and also the young man (in blue) who did some solos during the piece.    Such a lovely performance from all the young dancers in this ballet.

Another one to stand out for me was the pas de deux from Concerto - one of my favorite ballets and danced so beautifully.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Margaret said:

Just watched Scherzo for the second time, really lovely - well done Valentino on creating it.  Does anyone know who the two dancers in red were and also the young man (in blue) who did some solos during the piece.    Such a lovely performance from all the young dancers in this ballet.

Another one to stand out for me was the pas de deux from Concerto - one of my favorite ballets and danced so beautifully.

The dancers in red are: Lukas Bjørneboe Brændsrød and Mariko Sasaki. The young man in blue is Taisuke Nakao.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Has anyone else noticed that this programme is still available (or has become re-available) on the ROH stream site?

I watched the entire programme again and enjoyed all of it.   Valentino’s Scherzo is great!     

Thanks! I hadn't thought to check. 😀