Bob Martin (pointe shoe maker)

Felicity

14 minutes ago, Felicity said:

Does anyone know if Bob Martin is still custom making pointe shoes? And if so how do I get hold of him.

If not is there anyone similar about these days?

You might post this under the "Doing Dance" section where the folks who can help you are more likely to see it. 

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Bob Martin (pointe shoe maker)
  • 7 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 21:41, Felicity said:

Does anyone know if Bob Martin is still custom making pointe shoes? And if so how do I get hold of him.

If not is there anyone similar about these days?

Hi Felicity, just wondering if you managed to get hold of Bob Martin?  If not, did you fine anyone/anywhere else to custom make pointe shoes?  I do think Bob still does, via appointment, and he comes into the Bloch shop in London.  I am curious to hear about people's experiences with custom shoes as I know Freed also do them.  In addition, Bloch also has a service where they tweak existing styles to be more suitable to the dancer (I think it's called Bespoke or something like that).  

On 12/07/2021 at 10:30, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Hi Felicity, just wondering if you managed to get hold of Bob Martin?  If not, did you fine anyone/anywhere else to custom make pointe shoes?  I do think Bob still does, via appointment, and he comes into the Bloch shop in London.  I am curious to hear about people's experiences with custom shoes as I know Freed also do them.  In addition, Bloch also has a service where they tweak existing styles to be more suitable to the dancer (I think it's called Bespoke or something like that).  

as do Grishko , 

14 hours ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Yes, but I think their master fitter if I’m not mistaken is based outside London. Central London is much easier for us.  I have spoken to Bob Martin and he still does custom shoes so we might go for that. 

if you  mean Leanne  she;s fairly flexible on  location but  her  home base in Essex  

Not Bob Martin but we have found an amazing pointeshoe fitter and she customises too.

She is ‘straighttothepointeballet’ you can find her on Instagram or Facebook.

Best fitter I have found to date and so knowledgeable and passionate about pointe work! Hope that helps

1 hour ago, Felicity said:

Not Bob Martin but we have found an amazing pointeshoe fitter and she customises too.

She is ‘straighttothepointeballet’ you can find her on Instagram or Facebook.

Best fitter I have found to date and so knowledgeable and passionate about pointe work! Hope that helps

that's Leanne   the UK's Grishko master Fitter 

2 hours ago, Felicity said:

Yes it is! :)

she does also travel around as well as virtual fittings.

she now fits all my students too, would not recommend anyone else!

Leanne is a  total sweetie  

last fitting i had with hewre  lastesd aobut 2 and a half hours  but   that was  because we went a scenic tour of the entire range 

and ended up with the Maya 1 SE  / Leanne  shoe