English National Ballet launches on-demand video platform, ENB at Home

Guest oncnp

E-mail from ENB - not going to cut/paste the whole thing as takes up far too much space but you get the idea....

Mods...I couldn't find this anywhere else but please move if appropriate 

ENB at Home: Ballet on Demand and BalletActive

Classic titles available to rent and view on demand + online dance and fitness class subscriptions

Throughout 2020, we have connected with hundreds of thousands of dance lovers all over the world via our ENB at Home programme of online classes and ballet streams. We are thrilled to announce the launch of a brand new ENB at Home online platform, which will allow us to engage further with our global community and reach new ballet fans everywhere.

With Ballet on Demand, you can now rent some of our best-loved titles, including Akram Khan's Giselle, La Sylphide, Dust, and Le Corsaire, and watch them from home!  (Rent for three days from £4.99 – no subscription needed )

Ballet on Demand will also host our digital season of short films commissioned specifically for the camera, with choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Russell Maliphant, Yuri Possokhov, Stina Quagebeur and Arielle Smith. These unique dance-film collaborations are unlike anything we've previously done and will premiere throughout November and December. 

BalletActive takes our online classes to an entirely new level! Subscribe today to take ballet, contemporary and yoga classes with an exciting team of instructors, including Company ballet masters and mistresses. Designed for at-home participation, this is a fitness subscription you'll look forward to using!

Edited by oncnp

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Press Release: English National Ballet launches on-demand video platform, ENB at Home
On 09/11/2020 at 20:40, jmhopton said:

I think the BRB Lazuli Sky was £10. 

ENB have several streamed (previously recorded) performances for hire. Can't remember the prices of all of them but they vary according to length and subject.

I bought their Le Corsaire with Vadim and Alina Cojacaru which was £7.99 and also the doc. about ENBS visit to Paris Opera House to perform it which cost £4.99. The main snag with ENB is you only get three days to watch them which seems a bit mean when you're paying. You think they could manage a week at least. 

A lot of these streams (not just those offered by ENB) are already commercially available on DVD...such as that Corsaire with Cojocaru and theKhan Giselle.

On 10/11/2020 at 01:40, jmhopton said:

I think the BRB Lazuli Sky was £10. 

ENB have several streamed (previously recorded) performances for hire. Can't remember the prices of all of them but they vary according to length and subject.

I bought their Le Corsaire with Vadim and Alina Cojacaru which was £7.99 and also the doc. about ENBS visit to Paris Opera House to perform it which cost £4.99. The main snag with ENB is you only get three days to watch them which seems a bit mean when you're paying. You think they could manage a week at least. 

How do you purchase these? I can't find a way on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

2020 Digital Season Launches Today

Five world premieres

The day has arrived! We are thrilled to announce the world premiere release dates for our digital season, a series of five original dance films that will be available to rent via Ballet on Demand, part of our new video platform ENB at Home.

Opening the digital season today on 23 November is Take Five Blues a high-spirited film choreographed by English National Ballet’s own Associate Choreographer Stina Quagebeur and created in collaboration with filmmaker Shaun James Grant. Inspired by Nigel Kennedy’s takes on Bach’s Vivace and Paul Desmond’s jazz standard Take Five, the work sees eight dancers play with unexpected rhythms and melodies, feeding off each other’s energy. 

Further release dates:

30 NovemberSenseless Kindness from Yuri Possokhov with filmmaker Thomas James

7 DecemberLaid in Earth from Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui with filmmaker Thomas James.

14 December: Echoes from Russell Maliphant with filmmakers Michael Nunn & William Trevitt.

21 December: Jolly Folly from Arielle Smith with filmmaker Amy Becker-Burnett.

Learn more about each film here. 

Lead supporters of English National Ballet's Short Digital Commissions: Sarah and Dominic Murphy.

Rent for 3.49 GBP for three days – no subscription needed

https://www.ballet.org.uk/blog-detail/digital-season/?utm_source=wordfly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MAR_GP_1_DigitalSeasonLaunch_TakeFiveBlues_201123&utm_content=version_A

Edited by oncnp

4 minutes ago, alison said:

That's a pain.  I'm not sure they can be put on the Calendar without an end date.  Has anyone tried it?

There is an option that says "this program repeats". If you click it, it pulls up a drop down that asks the interval and the stop date. One of those options is "never"

Thanks, oncnp, that's good to know.  Although I've already realised that the downside of that is that you start getting the top of the Calendar clogged up with ongoing events, and others get pushed further down and not necessarily spotted.

• alison changed the title to English National Ballet launches on-demand video platform, ENB at Home
  • 7 months later...

What I haven't been able to work out, when looking at the World Ballet Day offers (which go on for a few more days for the online material) is whether, if you buy a stream, the period starts immediately, or you can start it when you like?  It would seem logical to have it as the latter, because there is an option to send one as a gift, and there's no guaranteeing the recipient would want to start watching immediately, but I can't see anything about it one way or the other.