White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. Im lucky to have a graphic designer hubby who does it for us. I think I replied to a thread recently about this and he said you could use imovie then export it as a file e.g. vimeo? It then becomes a link? So sorry it means nothing to me! X 

57 minutes ago, Daintydancer said:

Do you know if you need to record on the iPad to use iMovie, or can you record on your phone then transfer to iPad for stitching parts together with iMovie? 

If you have an iPhone you should be able to AirDrop the recorded videos to your iPad (they will go to your camera roll) and then you can put them together on iMovie :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • alison changed the title to White lodge video audition - making a video
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Ljmk said:

Has anyone done their videos yet? I’m planning to get it done before the kids break from school - but I’m clueless. She has a routine but undecided on music 

I’ve done my DS’s, it was submitted mid November and watched on the 1st of December :) Have you had a look at the guide on the RBS website for what needs filming? When videos were confirmed to be replacing in person prelims, a really useful guide was put onto the website detailing exactly what to film and we found it a God send! Good luck filming your DD’s video, hope it goes well! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Hope everyone had a lovely xmas break. Has anyone else left it till the last minute like us?  I have found it impossible to find the time to clear a space and set aside a couple of days to film!  Also applying for Elmnurst and Tring Park as well as RBS, so quite a lot of filming to be done in the next couple of days!  Any tips greatly appreciated :)

2 hours ago, Zonzin said:

Hello. Hope everyone had a lovely xmas break. Has anyone else left it till the last minute like us?  I have found it impossible to find the time to clear a space and set aside a couple of days to film!  Also applying for Elmnurst and Tring Park as well as RBS, so quite a lot of filming to be done in the next couple of days!  Any tips greatly appreciated :)

Lots of the exercises are the same for all of the schools so we just printed out the requirements for each and ticked off as we went through then put all the clips together in iMovies x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zonzin said:

Hi we are plodding through ours, we've submitted some and got some to do.. its the ever changing rules, lockdowns, periods of self isolation that haven't made it easy. Me and my husband have done our best. They all have different requirements and some the same too, so that hasn't helped but dance academy of mum and dad have done our best 🤣 we are hoping all schools will be aware parents aren't dance teachers lol which I'm sure they are. Good luck with your videos, just print out the list for eaxh school you are trying for and work your way through it and this is a great place to turn to for support xx

Also if you aren't iPhone (like us lol) there are great apps for putting clips together.. xx

Edited by Crazylifecrazykids
Add more info
  • Like 2

Thanks ladies - thats so reassuring to hear!  Yes @MrsR it would have been SO much easier if they had all decided on the one video requirement...  @Crazylifecrazykids - thank you yes I think I'm getting my eldest daughter to help out with filming and editing on iMovies...  I dont think I could have managed it otherwise, and there I was thinking I was pretty tech savvy - obvs not!  Anyway, thank you and good luck to everyone XX

• Like 1

Its so hard isn't it! I did rbs and elmhurst just before christmas and tring yesterday. Leaving hammond as have a bit longer. It has been stressful! I did a spreadsheet and worked out what was needed for each dance. Luckily there is some crossover between the schools. Also filmed barre from both directions (front and side) as hammond and tring require some from the side. Tring also ask for both sides for barre. Did some with dance teacher some at home. Certainly not perfect but we tried our best as we are not from a dance background! Good luck with getting the vids finished x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raquelle said:

Its so hard isn't it! I did rbs and elmhurst just before christmas and tring yesterday. Leaving hammond as have a bit longer. It has been stressful! I did a spreadsheet and worked out what was needed for each dance. Luckily there is some crossover between the schools. Also filmed barre from both directions (front and side) as hammond and tring require some from the side. Tring also ask for both sides for barre. Did some with dance teacher some at home. Certainly not perfect but we tried our best as we are not from a dance background! Good luck with getting the vids finished x 

I could have written this lol.. ours are a mash of mainly home, a borrowed hall and some dance studio..  me and my hubby have tried our best,, ours too not always great but we aren't teachers or have a dance background...we have one left which will hopefully be done at weekend but its really hard not to keep redoing bits lol in the pursuit of will it be better next time 🙄 and has been a bit stressful with doorbells, sirens, my other kiddos making noise, the pets, lockdowns, self isolations 🤣😂😂 think we all deserve a big pat on the back for doing our best to help our DCs on this crazy journey lol. X

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

I could have written this lol.. ours are a mash of mainly home, a borrowed hall and some dance studio..  me and my hubby have tried our best,, ours too not always great but we aren't teachers or have a dance background...we have one left which will hopefully be done at weekend but its really hard not to keep redoing bits lol in the pursuit of will it be better next time 🙄 and has been a bit stressful with doorbells, sirens, my other kiddos making noise, the pets, lockdowns, self isolations 🤣😂😂 think we all deserve a big pat on the back for doing our best to help our DCs on this crazy journey lol. X

I could not agree more. We have submitted ours before Christmas. Yes, it is not perfect - majority done at home and only travelling steps done at church hall before we were moved to Tier 4. I am glad it is done as due to a new surge unlikely to be much at home for few upcoming weeks. Good luck everyone 🤞

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Good luck everyone! Does anyone know if they've had any views?! I haven't for rbs or tring but I am sure elmhurst has (although they may have just been checking the link)....problem is I can't remember how many times I've viewed it 🤣

We can't tell for Tring as it had to uploaded to a one drive account so I don't think I can tell views? But they did confirm it was all playing. RBS once again was a one drive link so can't see if viewed (thankfully lol) but a friend who submitted same sort of time via Vimeo said its been viewed and I read on another thread people were getting views early/mid December. Elmhurst is out only YouTube submission and no views as far as I could tell. Good luck x

5 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Good luck everyone! Does anyone know if they've had any views?! I haven't for rbs or tring but I am sure elmhurst has (although they may have just been checking the link)....problem is I can't remember how many times I've viewed it 🤣

My DS’s Whitelodge video was viewed on December 1st. We’ve only just submitted Elmhurst today and Tring and Hammond are still works in progress! 🤯 I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer before we hear back about RBS as wasn’t the deadline January 5th? x

19 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Submitted ours on 31st Dec, what a relief! Also ended up redoing some bits a few times! The confirmation email said we should hear no later than mid Feb. Hoping it’ll be sooner though, the waiting is so nerve wracking! 

Woohoo, well done! Ahhh me too! My DS has his heart absolutely set on WL and even though he knows his chances are so tiny he is desperate to get to finals, he asks every day if we have heard anything yet even though he knows the deadline hasn’t even passed yet. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer for them all! x

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Woohoo, well done! Ahhh me too! My DS has his heart absolutely set on WL and even though he knows his chances are so tiny he is desperate to get to finals, he asks every day if we have heard anything yet even though he knows the deadline hasn’t even passed yet. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer for them all! x

I wonder how they will run finals now we are pretty much all in tier4? Can’t imagine it will be in March at White Lodge like usual.. hope it’s not more videos 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

19 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I wonder how they will run finals now we are pretty much all in tier4? Can’t imagine it will be in March at White Lodge like usual.. hope it’s not more videos 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

No, on the Zoom meeting, Chris Powney said he wouldn’t want to offer a place to a child without seeing them in person, so they will delay as necessary. Honestly though I would say if/when WL students are back at the school, they could hold auditions, perhaps just in small batches? 

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

When was the closing date for WL? Was it the 4th? 

I think the 5th of January. I wonder if they will choose a smaller number to go to finals so that they can more easily audition them whether live or on zoom or whether they will give more children the benefit of the doubt this year. I hope the latter lol

49 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I think the 5th of January. I wonder if they will choose a smaller number to go to finals so that they can more easily audition them whether live or on zoom or whether they will give more children the benefit of the doubt this year. I hope the latter lol

I was talking to hubby about this.. It didn't occur to me that they may take less 🙈 but wondered if they would take more to final x

• Like 1