Jump to content

White lodge video audition - making a video


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

Hi everyone, so pleased I found this forum. My DD is a JA in London and auditioning for a white lodge/mids year 7 place. Our video was viewed a couple of days ago but only just under 6 mins(less than half 😬) The whole video audition process was extremely stressful it was touch and go whether we'd get it done at all. Was considering tring too but couldn't face another separate video 😣Thinking/hoping entries will be lower this year due to the nightmare video process. Also thinking there maybe less places though as asume there won't be many/any current students assessed out this year as would seem harsh when they've had such little time in the studio. Does anyone know if they are doing mid assessments as normal?

My daughter is a year 7 Mid and we have had confirmation from RBS that everyone will automatically have another year and there won’t be any assessing out this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dancer20 said:

My daughter is a year 7 Mid and we have had confirmation from RBS that everyone will automatically have another year and there won’t be any assessing out this year. 

Oh that must be such a relief for the students. 

 

They are still auditioning for Yr8 places though so I guess competition will be much more  tighter for those trying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to post this on the RBS thread but did anybody else really struggle with uploading their Tring video to OneDrive?! No matter what I do I just can’t seem to upload it 😩 I’ve spent hours this afternoon trying to do it, I could cry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bunny said:

Sorry to post this on the RBS thread but did anybody else really struggle with uploading their Tring video to OneDrive?! No matter what I do I just can’t seem to upload it 😩 I’ve spent hours this afternoon trying to do it, I could cry!


It took me quite a while. I saved the video to my laptop. Then in the Tring page I clicked upload and found it in the recently downloaded section. Then it uploaded to the page xx 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am worried about Tring as we sent the application but there was nowhere to put the video. I got the acknowledgement of submission but was expecting an email with details to upload our video but nothing yet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MrsR said:

I am worried about Tring as we sent the application but there was nowhere to put the video. I got the acknowledgement of submission but was expecting an email with details to upload our video but nothing yet 

When I applied... it was a while ago, September, I sent the application in. Shortly after received an email inviting to audition. I think I paid the fee then. This was when in person auditions were still going ahead. I'm sure you will hear very soon..Maybe follow up with an email on Monday. We were sent an email after auditions were cancelled with a link and password to upload the video to their one drive. Good luck xx

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Our RBS video has had another view today! It had one early December too. Hopefully not too long to wait to find out! 


ooh brilliant. I don’t think mine has been viewed at all yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we’ve had our video audition viewed today too. I can’t tell how long it’s been viewed for, as it’s through you tube. We can officially start waiting for results 😬🤞🏻Good luck everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whiteduvet said:

How many views have you had? We had a few but everyone else seems to only have had one...? 


I don’t think I’ve had any yet. But I only sent mine in on the 4th (I think) so I’m assuming they haven’t got to mine yet x

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve had two views too, one at the start of December and one yesterday. My thinking is that if there are bubbles etc in the school the panel will have to view them individually on their own devices so perhaps that explains the multiple views? x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I think mine may have been watched. I’ve just had a looks and there’s a view around the 7th Jan for about 5 1/5 minutes.  I don’t think that was me or ds’s teacher as I’m sure we both viewed earlier x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well YouTube analytics has updated and the second view was only for 23 seconds 😩 So now I’ve no idea what to make of that! 😂 The first watch back in December was about 4 minutes. I really wish I had used another method now so I couldn’t check! 🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Well YouTube analytics has updated and the second view was only for 23 seconds 😩 So now I’ve no idea what to make of that! 😂 The first watch back in December was about 4 minutes. I really wish I had used another method now so I couldn’t check! 🙈

We submitted just before christmas and had one view last week but I don't know for how long...the suspense is killing me! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dd_dance said:

We had one view beginning of December and then the one view yesterday (yesterday’s was only 16 seconds) maybe they are just checking links are working @Bunny x 

Yes it seems that way doesn’t it! 🤞🏻that this means they’re making some decisions either way and we will hear something in the next few weeks! x

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2021 at 18:35, BalletBoyMumma said:

Oh that must be such a relief for the students. 

 

They are still auditioning for Yr8 places though so I guess competition will be much more  tighter for those I 

I could be wrong but sure I read somewhere year 7 and 8 is a mixed class so I think there will be less places split across both years 😞

Edited by CrazyDanceMum
posted without reply
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...