White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Good luck to the girls next week! DS said it wasn’t as difficult as he’d expected and everyone is so friendly. He had the most amazing day! I hope the other boys did too. No look around apparently though. 

We are done now (I’m so very relieved - I’m definitely not cut out for the stress of auditions!) Good luck to everyone auditioning elsewhere tomorrow and later during the week. You are all fabulous! Go and be the stars that you are. 💫

Thanks for the update, glad your son had a lovely day! Helpful to know there’s no tour, will prepare dd for that, as she might be disappointed otherwise. Still I guess they’ll see a few bits on their way between the class/physio etc. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Thanks for the update, glad your son had a lovely day! Helpful to know there’s no tour, will prepare dd for that, as she might be disappointed otherwise. Still I guess they’ll see a few bits on their way between the class/physio etc. 

They get to go out the front where the grand steps are to get to the physio so at least they see that part of the building. First thing out of ds mouth was “ The building was beautiful” 

• Like 3

Just back from an exciting day at White Lodge! My DS said everyone was so lovely, and the other DSs in his group were so friendly and encouraging to each other..he hopes they all get in! He also said they were videoing the class (presumably to review later)? Good luck to all the girls for their auditions next week!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Just back from an exciting day at White Lodge! My DS said everyone was so lovely, and the other DSs in his group were so friendly and encouraging to each other..he hopes they all get in! He also said they were videoing the class (presumably to review later)? Good luck to all the girls for their auditions next week!

Ooh that’s interesting. My DS didn’t say anything about videos (but getting info out of him is almost impossible so not surprised there). Was your DS the last group of the day?

Glad your DS had a wonderful time in a lovely group! 🥰

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1

Just now, BalletBoyMumma said:

Ooh that’s interesting. My DS didn’t say anything about videos (but getting info out of him is almost impossible do not surprised there). Was your DS the last group of the day?

Glad your DS had a wonderful time in a lovely group! 🥰

Thanks for that! No, we were second group (just a very long journey home - hence have heard every detail about the day including the paintings on the walls, what they chatted about while waiting to see the physio...!)😂

• Like 2

Just now, TwirlyWhirly said:

Thanks for that! No, we were second group (just a very long journey home - hence have heard every detail about the day including the paintings on the walls, what they chatted about while waiting to see the physio...!)😂

Oh that is just lovely!

We heard about the paintings too. 😅 I wanted to hear more about the actual audition but nope, we got to hear more about King George II. 🤣

I hope it was a smooth journey. The weather hasn’t been too kind today. 

• Like 1

My ds was telling me all about the other boys, they got onto discussing Harry potter at one point! 

He loved just being there and loves the school but is very aware that he was nowhere near as good as the other boys. He's only been dancing for 2 years so this was all a bit of a shock getting to finals.

He couldn't stop talking about everything and just when I'd thought he'd finished and we started listening to our book again, he paused it and told me something else he remembered 😂 And he was asleep within 5 minutes of getting into bed tonight after the journey home.

Thank you to the other boys in his group for making the day special - hopefully they'll all get a space as my son said how fab they were! 

I really wanted to say hello too while waiting in the queue as this is all new to me aswell as my son xx

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

My ds was telling me all about the other boys, they got onto discussing Harry potter at one point! 

He loved just being there and loves the school but is very aware that he was nowhere near as good as the other boys. He's only been dancing for 2 years so this was all a bit of a shock getting to finals.

He couldn't stop talking about everything and just when I'd thought he'd finished and we started listening to our book again, he paused it and told me something else he remembered 😂 And he was asleep within 5 minutes of getting into bed tonight after the journey home.

Thank you to the other boys in his group for making the day special - hopefully they'll all get a space as my son said how fab they were! 

I really wanted to say hello too while waiting in the queue as this is all new to me aswell as my son xx

Which group was your ds in? My ds said how lovely the boys were in his group too. So supportive and encouraging, all wishing each other luck etc. ❤️

• Like 1

Just now, The red shoes said:

Which group was your ds in? My ds said how lovely the boys were in his group too. So supportive and encouraging, all wishing each other luck etc. ❤️

He was in at 1.30. I'm not sure what group it was? 

I love how supportive they were as I had heard some horror stories of how competitive it can be. He came out beaming, which is always a good sign that he is relaxed and happy. 

Are any of your boys doing Elmhurst next week? Xx

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

I love how supportive they were as I had heard some horror stories of how competitive it can be. He came out beaming, which is always a good sign that he is relaxed and happy. 

Ah my ds was in the last group.. number 23 out of 24. 
I thought there were more boys and n the finals but looks like it was 4 groups of 6 today.

Yes we are at Elmhurst Thursday 9am 😴😴😴😴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

My ds was in the 1:30 group and yes going to the Elmhurst audition next week (9am arrival).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The red shoes said:

I thought there were more boys and n the finals but looks like it was 4 groups of 6 today.

Well we'll see you all there next week! Same time! 😁

1 minute ago, Dancermom said:

Well done to all the boys yesterday! Sounds like it was an enjoyable day! I know this seems like a random question but did they have to PIN numbers on to themselves like in the JA auditions? Xx 

Yes, they did! :)

• Like 1

Well done to all of the boys who attended finals yesterday. My DS was in the group that went in at 10.45 and he absolutely loved every second. The only problem now is that a no is going to be so much harder to take for him because he had such a wonderful time! He loved meeting the other boys and came out swapping phone numbers which was wonderful. Hope everybody enjoyed it as much as my DS did and lots of luck for other finals and results if they’re upcoming! My DS is off to Tring this morning, hopefully he will see some familiar faces! x

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

I am sure your DS was amazing! Nobody knows exactly what they are looking for on the panel and for him to have got to finals they must have really liked what they saw on his video audition! I would say he stands just as much a chance as anybody else. My DS has been dancing for 3 years and I am sure there will be others who haven’t been dancing since they were tiny so honestly please don’t think this will hinder him, I am sure it won’t! I will keep my fingers crossed for him 🤞🏻

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Well done to all the boys yesterday! Sounds like it was an enjoyable day! I know this seems like a random question but did they have to PIN numbers on to themselves like in the JA auditions? Xx 

I thought about this they other day I usually have ocd about the numbers being straight.  My DD numbers will be interesting if she has to do it her self. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Yes but he said a grown up helped him pin them on. My DS got to keep his numbers as a souvenir! 

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Thank you! I think I’m going to get my DD to practice pinning paper to her leotard as I know it sounds silly but I have always done it for her! 🤣

Do we have to provide pins? My dd would probably stab herself so I hope they help! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

Oh that is so lovely to hear! My DS was in that group too and said everyone was really talented. Some nerves but they all got on very well and had quite a few laughs and jokes to try and ease each other’s worries and everyone was encouraging toward each other. 

I bet your DS was excellent. It must have been very daunting going in to such a major audition as his first, especially where the other boys already knew each other and were in their JA uniforms. And please don’t let him think the others are better, my DS often worries that too - remind him RBS picked him to go through to finals because he’s just as good as everyone he was in the room with and he must have something special to have made it this far (they all do). And they are looking for potential over perfection so we can never guess who they’ll pick. 
My DS said it wasn’t as dancey as he’d hoped (that’s more of his strength rather than technique or neatness) but he had the most amazing day anyway and gave it everything so is very proud of himself. 

Good luck to those in auditions this morning. You know what to expect now so hopefully less nerve-wrecking this time round. Smile, smile, smile, and show the panel how much you love dancing. Will be thinking of you all! 🤞️ 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, The red shoes said:

15 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

My ds was in the 1:30 group and yes going to the Elmhurst audition next week (9am arrival).

We are 9am too. See you both there!

We are staying overnight the night before as it's too far to drive that early. I'll take a bath bomb so he can have a relaxing bubble bath in the hotel before bed. 

• Like 3

I know the email said results within two weeks but I wonder if they will be held up a bit while they assess the boys who perhaps couldn’t attend in person? Last year the boys attended finals on the Friday and had their results on the Monday I believe! Now that’s a quick turn around! x

5 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I know the email said results within two weeks but I wonder if they will be held up a bit while they assess the boys who perhaps couldn’t attend in person? Last year the boys attended finals on the Friday and had their results on the Monday I believe! Now that’s a quick turn around! x

How do you know there were boys who couldn’t attend in person? X 

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

Ah have they made arrangements to see him over zoom then? I would imagine that would be fine pretty quickly . Though what about the physio check? X 

They haven’t as yet as far as we know. Our JA class was seen by the physio when they first joined in Y5 (as was the DS who couldn’t attend finals.) So I don’t know if maybe they will use that information to decide? They could always make an offer subject to a successful physio check I suppose. 🤷‍♀️ The physio my son saw at WL finals yesterday asked if he remembered her as she had met him before! Ha x

2 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Can I just ask for those who’ve been now, what happened about the Covid test result? Did you give a print out, or just show the email on your phone?

You could do either :) I took a print out which they collected from me but I also saw parents showing their phones so either way is fine! The health questionnaire has to be printed and given in though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Can I just ask for those who’ve been now, what happened about the Covid test result? Did you give a print out, or just show the email on your phone?

I gave her a print out which she kept but another parent showed the text message on her phone and she was fine with that too xx 

• Like 1