White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

1 hour ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Well done everyone.

Good luck to those with interviews today! (We do too, eek! DS is relaxed about it but I’m the nervous one 😰

Did others wear uniform? 

Just to confirm, the LFD tests can now be ordered online (or collected from local distribution points) and the results they give are email and text (test takes 30 mins to develop, our text came through in minutes once barcode etc was submitted online - knowing NHS number is helpful). These can be ordered/collected in advance and done on the go for anyone who’ll likely be travelling then. :) No need to pay for expensive tests. 

Yup, my DS has uniform on. Just to look smart! Good luck!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Lovely relaxed interview. Nothing to worry about at all (for anyone still waiting to do theirs) :) 

I stayed away but could hear the conversation from the next room. 

I was hiding in the kitchen and could hear the head of academics talking to ds. He was making notes too... longest 10 minutes of my life !!! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Well done everyone.

Good luck to those with interviews today! (We do too, eek! DS is relaxed about it but I’m the nervous one 😰

Did others wear uniform? 

Just to confirm, the LFD tests can now be ordered online (or collected from local distribution points) and the results they give are email and text (test takes 30 mins to develop, our text came through in minutes once barcode etc was submitted online - knowing NHS number is helpful). These can be ordered/collected in advance and done on the go for anyone who’ll likely be travelling then. :) No need to pay for expensive tests. 

Yes we went for school uniform. Thanks tests have been ordered! 😀

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I was hiding in the kitchen and could hear the head of academics talking to ds. He was making notes too... longest 10 minutes of my life !!! 

Same. I was sat nervously on the other side of the living room door (I leapt out of the room as quickly as possible when the meeting started 😆). 
The interviewer led the conversation very well, I’m glad actually because DS didn’t have the chance to tell them all the embarrassing things he was teasing us beforehand that he might just tell them. 🤦‍♀️😳 😅😂 

DS said the interviewer was really nice. And yes, encouraging a very positive mindset for auditions. 👏 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Same. I was sat nervously on the other side of the living room door (I leapt out of the room as quickly as possible when the meeting started 😆). 
The interviewer led the conversation very well, I’m glad actually because DS didn’t have the chance to tell them all the embarrassing things he was teasing us beforehand that he might just tell them. 🤦‍♀️😳 😅😂 

DS said the interviewer was really nice. And yes, encouraging a very positive mindset for auditions. 👏 

Did your ds have the man ? 

5 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

All done! DS was much more nervous about this than next week! Thankfully all OK, no tricky questions (and yes, I was listening from the other side of the door!) 😂

Yes my ds was super nervous.. it’s a big deal talking to a head of a school over zoom when you’ve not even been to the school to visit etc. He said he feels far less nervous about the actual audition though as that’s “ just dancing mum” 🤣

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Yes my ds was super nervous.. it’s a big deal talking to a head of a school over zoom when you’ve not even been to the school to visit etc. He said he feels far less nervous about the actual audition though as that’s “ just dancing mum” 🤣

Just dancing- Love it 🤣 at least it’s out the way for them all now and they can enjoy just dancing on the day now! I panicked when I read next week then! Then remembered the boys are the week before. Good luck to you all for next week! 

• Like 2

Yes, we had the man (I didn’t catch his name though). 

Aww, at least it’s done now. And that’s really good that your DS is more relaxed about the dancing than the interview - that’s the important bit and they know how to do that. The interview was a bit unknown. 

Pretty sure my DS was a bit nervous too but he suppresses it with humour. That often makes me nervous because I worry he won’t focus - but he always does (I should know this by now; I think he just likes to age me 😳😅).
Thank you to everyone who posted yesterday to say the interviews were friendly, and nothing to worry about - that helped so much! 🥰

• Like 8

So just having a sanity check........

The lateral flow tests we can now pick up from various testing sites or have posted to us to do at home, these are sufficient for RB right? When you report the result you get a NHS text and email confirming the result so I assume these are ok.

Are these tests what everyone will be using now??

Thx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

So just having a sanity check........

The lateral flow tests we can now pick up from various testing sites or have posted to us to do at home, these are sufficient for RB right? When you report the result you get a NHS text and email confirming the result so I assume these are ok.

Are these tests what everyone will be using now??

Thx

Yes that's all ok as far as the most recent (last week I think?) email said. I'm planning to print out the email from the NHS so my DS can show it himself. Xx

Edited by TwirlyWhirly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Yes that's all ok as far as the most recent (last week I think?) email said. I'm planning to print out the email from the NHS so my DS can show it himself. Xx

Thanks so much for confirming and putting my mind at ease!!😅 I shall be doing the same and printing the email off 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Returnofthejedi said:

Thanks so much for confirming and putting my mind at ease!!😅 I shall be doing the same and printing the email off 👍

Ooh I hadn't thought about this! We will be travelling before the audition so won't be able to print it off...I've emailed RBS to find out what to do x 

9 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Ooh I hadn't thought about this! We will be travelling before the audition so won't be able to print it off...I've emailed RBS to find out what to do x 

Can you keep us posted on what they say please? I don’t have a printer my husband can use it at work but he’s booked the week off 

7 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Can you keep us posted on what they say please? I don’t have a printer my husband can use it at work but he’s booked the week off 

Yes no problem. I've suggested maybe we can email auditions or show it on mobile when we arrive...Will see what they say x 

Hi, everyone!  This is my first post here.  Congrats to all the finalists! 

I searched for more information on the final auditions as we are not in any way part of the crowd.  My daughter was never a JA (in fact, until this forum I've never even heard of JA or any other RB schemes).  She attended regular ballet classes.  Still, this year my daughter learnt about White Lodge and decided to try with the video audition, which somehow got us to this stage... 

I hope someone more experienced with the RB auditioning process here could kindly help me understand, what is actually happening on the day of the Year 7 finals.  In the email, we were told to come 8:30-9:00 and leave at 12:55.  So, basically, they are going to be there for four hours.  But then, the actual ballet class is only for an hour to an hour and a half, whilst, I would assume, the physio will take another hour or so (for all of them by rotation, probably).  So, what happens for the other two hours?  Do they have any more tests?  Perhaps, something academic?

We just wish to be prepared, so that there will be no surprises...

Many thanks, xx           

12 minutes ago, BalletBliss said:

Hi, everyone!  This is my first post here.  Congrats to all the finalists! 

I searched for more information on the final auditions as we are not in any way part of the crowd.  My daughter was never a JA (in fact, until this forum I've never even heard of JA or any other RB schemes).  She attended regular ballet classes.  Still, this year my daughter learnt about White Lodge and decided to try with the video audition, which somehow got us to this stage... 

I hope someone more experienced with the RB auditioning process here could kindly help me understand, what is actually happening on the day of the Year 7 finals.  In the email, we were told to come 8:30-9:00 and leave at 12:55.  So, basically, they are going to be there for four hours.  But then, the actual ballet class is only for an hour to an hour and a half, whilst, I would assume, the physio will take another hour or so (for all of them by rotation, probably).  So, what happens for the other two hours?  Do they have any more tests?  Perhaps, something academic?

We just wish to be prepared, so that there will be no surprises...

Many thanks, xx           

Congratulations! I think they will take some time to register the children and check COVID tests results so the class will probably start at least half and hour after the arrival time or more. I think there will be some time waiting around for the physio as children are seen individually. It is a very different year this year due to COVID so with social distancing everything could take a little longer but from what I understand auditions can usually take a whole day and includes the pastoral care interview which we had on zoom. I don't think they are doing any academic assessments this year, they might just test the children who actually join. xx

25 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hello. @Weloveballet @ponklemum I've heard back from RBS. They said no need to print anything out. They said to show the covid results when you arrive e.g. on your phone. Hope that helps. X 

The problem with that is, I didn’t think the parents were going to be able to get that close to anyone to show? Maybe there will be someone waiting outside to check then. I think I’ll have it in my phone ready but also give my DD a copy in case she needs it x 

1 hour ago, Dancermom said:

The problem with that is, I didn’t think the parents were going to be able to get that close to anyone to show? Maybe there will be someone waiting outside to check then. I think I’ll have it in my phone ready but also give my DD a copy in case she needs it x 

I thought the same tbh. If you have the option of printing off you might as well. We can't though so they've said this will be ok x 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Just got an email through with health form and vehicle permit for entry to Richmond Park this Friday. Starting to seem very close! Eek! Good luck everyone and good luck to DD's for next week! 😊

Eek! Good luck! X 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Just got an email through with health form and vehicle permit for entry to Richmond Park this Friday. Starting to seem very close! Eek! Good luck everyone and good luck to DD's for next week! 😊

A little bit of sick entered my mouth 🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

Good luck! It seems strange to think it’s next week! What is the health form please if you don’t mind me asking?