White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

Are people aware that from yesterday, households and bubbles with pupils (primary and secondary) are able to order lateral flow tests? 

They’re meant to be for the adults to test twice weekly, but I’m sure you’d be able to test your child?

It won’t let me copy/paste the link but info is on gov.uk website. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dancermom said:

Hi, does anyone know if there’s any correlation between those that get selected for the summer intensive at white lodge and those that get selected for the school? Xx 

Nope... I’ve known of each bed not getting intensive and then getting into WL and vice versa. Intensives seems based on 4 photos which can be very deceiving 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Nope... I’ve known of each bed not getting intensive and then getting into WL and vice versa. Intensives seems based on 4 photos which can be very deceiving 

Yeah it’s hard to imagine how they pick 🤷‍♀️ I just wondered if maybe they’d choose girls for the intensive that they chose for the school to get them prepared. I’m glad you said not because we havnt applied for the intensive, we will do the online one x 

ps also I thought I had liked so many posts on here and other threads and I’ve only just realised I have to click twice on it! I only realised when i looked at my profile and it said I’d liked one post the whole time I’ve been registered 🤦‍♀️ So anyone that’s ever replied to me I’m sorry! I did think I liked it but was doing it wrong 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dancermom said:

Yeah it’s hard to imagine how they pick 🤷‍♀️ I just wondered if maybe they’d choose girls for the intensive that they chose for the school to get them prepared. I’m glad you said not because we havnt applied for the intensive, we will do the online one x 

ps also I thought I had liked so many posts on here and other threads and I’ve only just realised I have to click twice on it! I only realised when i looked at my profile and it said I’d liked one post the whole time I’ve been registered 🤦‍♀️ So anyone that’s ever replied to me I’m sorry! I did think I liked it but was doing it wrong 🤣

Omg snap 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Just now, The red shoes said:

Also did you sit next to you child or leave them to it? X 

I was outside the room so she was on her own with the door shut so I could hear most of what was said...just didn't want to distract her really x 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Guys when we get the results, do they tell you about the mids results at the same time? Or do you hear about that separately? X 

I think we hear separately about mids I could be wrong as everything’s a bit different this year 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

I think we hear separately about mids I could be wrong as everything’s a bit different this year 🤷‍♀️

Mids results normally come through a few weeks later. Ours were at the end of March when finals took place on 1-2 March or so. If you are offered a place at WL but don’t want full-time training, or if you are on the waiting list for WL you will definitely get a place though. There is a lot of movement on the SWL, as lots of children that get Mids also have offers of full-time training from other vocational schools.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

My DD had a lady and it only lasted a few mins. I thought maybe they might be recording them to watch back later when they’re shortlisting but then I’m sure that they would have had to tell us that in the email 🤔

It would say recording up in the top corner of the screen xx 

• Like 1

Well done everyone.

Good luck to those with interviews today! (We do too, eek! DS is relaxed about it but I’m the nervous one 😰

Did others wear uniform? 

Just to confirm, the LFD tests can now be ordered online (or collected from local distribution points) and the results they give are email and text (test takes 30 mins to develop, our text came through in minutes once barcode etc was submitted online - knowing NHS number is helpful). These can be ordered/collected in advance and done on the go for anyone who’ll likely be travelling then. :) No need to pay for expensive tests. 

• Like 3