White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

1 minute ago, PetitJeté said:

Yes very true about the masks, they do make communication more difficult, can’t even see a smile! At least they’re all in the same position, and I think sometimes not having us parents around can be a good thing! It’s just a shame we won’t get to tour the school, which I presume in normal times would be the case. 

Yes it’s a shame we can’t look around the school. Maybe they’ll arrange for the ones they accept into the school to look around with parents later in the  summer when everything’s a bit more normal x 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think they must be planning on doing an open day or something in the summer for students who accept their place and parents to come and look around. I hope so anyway! If my DS was lucky enough to end up with a place I’d definitely like to look around. I’m going to just send my DS with a book, but tbh I don’t think he’ll read it I think he’ll be too busy watching everyone else dance and looking around as it’ll be so exciting for them! x

Edited by Bunny
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

DS will chat to any and everyone, even the staff. I think he goes there TO make friends and doesn’t get the concept of how competitive it all is just yet (thankfully for him). 😅

He came out of JA auditions telling me about the friends he’d made - their names, where they travelled from, their interests. 😂 He was so super relaxed at that one though. 

I'm so pleased my ds is it the same group as yours. He is not competitive at all, just loves dancing. So now a bit worried about what he's going to be like if everyone around him is stretching etc.

His dance school is so friendly, there's only about 20 dancers and one other, older, boy who made him feel at ease from the minute that he started there.

Maybe I'm too naive, but I just want him to go, have a fun afternoon dancing, enjoy himself and see what happens.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BalletBoyMum1 said:

I'm so pleased my ds is it the same group as yours. He is not competitive at all, just loves dancing. So now a bit worried about what he's going to be like if everyone around him is stretching etc.

His dance school is so friendly, there's only about 20 dancers and one other, older, boy who made him feel at ease from the minute that he started there.

Maybe I'm too naive, but I just want him to go, have a fun afternoon dancing, enjoy himself and see what happens.

Your ds is soo lovely! I wish mine was a bit more driven, he likes ballet but sometimes can lose focus. But yes, so glad he will see your ds friendly face and meet others from all over.  They are too young to be too stressed abut it in my opinion. It is a big experience but won't define the rest of their lives either. And they have done so well already reaching finals. 

I think parents not being allowed in might actually help as we are probably more nervous than they are. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lara Eschler said:

Do you know when the other boys are from your ds centre? 

I don’t really know them to ask. We moved from 24 sessions to 32 in September and then went into lockdown not long after that so haven’t t really got to know the mums but there is only 1 other boy who does the 32 sessions and I think maybe 2 in the 24 sessions . I’m sure there will be more ... just doing my usual panic as to why no one else on here has that time 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, The red shoes said:

I don’t really know them to ask. We moved from 24 sessions to 32 in September and then went into lockdown not long after that so haven’t t really got to know the mums but there is only 1 other boy who does the 32 sessions and I think maybe 2 in the 24 sessions . I’m sure there will be more ... just doing my usual panic as to why no one else on here has that time 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know about our centre either but I think there are 11 boys. So do the 3 audition groups somewhat overlap in time?

34 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I think they’ve time it that way so one group auditioning as other waits around for physio check then the ones who’ve had the check leave as the audition class finishes to have physio check and next group arrives for class? 

Yes, it makes sense. 

5 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

I think parents not being allowed in might actually help as we are probably more nervous than they are. 

I often thought my dd and her friends would be better without the parents around when it came to auditions.  I think your dc's will be fine and will have a wonderful time.  The staff will look after them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

@Weloveballet from the email, it sounds like the lateral flow ones. What I’m a little confused about is, when you download the Test & Trace app, you have to say you are over 16, but presumably it’s ok to enter a test result into it on behalf of a child? I guess it just goes by the code on the test?

thanks, there was mention somewhere that lateral flow tests from schools couldn’t be entered into the app only onto the gov website so I rang 119 to see which lateral flow tests you could enter into the app and they had no idea! Someone had said the school had said the government website one was ok also though but if I can I want to try get one on the app too 

28 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

thanks, there was mention somewhere that lateral flow tests from schools couldn’t be entered into the app only onto the gov website so I rang 119 to see which lateral flow tests you could enter into the app and they had no idea! Someone had said the school had said the government website one was ok also though but if I can I want to try get one on the app too 

You enter the results in test and trace when you go to an NHS testing centre (so if you have symptoms). All the work based lateral flow tests are entered through the government website but you still get a result from the NHS which is the evidence that Royal want to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoDancers said:

You enter the results in test and trace when you go to an NHS testing centre (so if you have symptoms). All the work based lateral flow tests are entered through the government website but you still get a result from the NHS which is the evidence that Royal want to see.

Brilliant thank you so much! 

3 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

So I think it’s usually a text message from the NHS, would that be ok to show? I wonder if they are expecting the children to take the test result or if they’ll take it off us outside? X 

I think if you enter it on the government website you get an email with result xx 

Hello. We are probably going to have to source a covid test either from Chester after hammond audition or from somewhere near Richmond the day before/of royal ballet audition. Just wondered if anyone lived local to these places and had managed to source a suitable test? Didn't think about the fact that I might not be near my home x 

30 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hello. We are probably going to have to source a covid test either from Chester after hammond audition or from somewhere near Richmond the day before/of royal ballet audition. Just wondered if anyone lived local to these places and had managed to source a suitable test? Didn't think about the fact that I might not be near my home x 

Hi, I am not local but had found a place in Richmond with lateral flow tests. Their email is support@c19testing.co.uk