White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

33 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

its a great forum isn’t it, so good for information and it’s good to realise that everyone else is going through similar concerns! No problem hope yours comes through soon 

It has! Along with an email from my DSs school saying they can let us have one of the (staff) test kits for us to do a Lateral Flow Test at home. Going to WL audition seems to be back on the cards again...what a rollercoaster! And thanks @TwoDancers as that is exactly the type of test we will get given! Hope everyone else is now able to get sorted with this new info. x

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, TwoDancers said:

Just so everyone knows, the school tests can’t be registered on the Test and Trace app as the barcode has to be reported to the government website rather than the app but you do then get a follow up result email from the NHS, which I have just confirmed with Royal is acceptable! 
I just wanted to clarify with them that there  didn’t have to be evidence in our Test and Trace apps!

Thought I’d let everyone know so nobody panics when you don’t get a code to input into the Test and trace app! 

I also queried this and they also confirmed that you can still use the email or text result from the government report a lateral flow test system which is what the school uses. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwoDancers said:

Just so everyone knows, the school tests can’t be registered on the Test and Trace app as the barcode has to be reported to the government website rather than the app but you do then get a follow up result email from the NHS, which I have just confirmed with Royal is acceptable! 
I just wanted to clarify with them that there  didn’t have to be evidence in our Test and Trace apps!

Thought I’d let everyone know so nobody panics when you don’t get a code to input into the Test and trace app! 

Thank you for this info! Are the ones from healthcare workers the ones you can put into the app? That’s the one we have kindly given by a friend who works at a doctors 

2 minutes ago, TwirlyWhirly said:

It has! Along with an email from my DSs school saying they can let us have one of the (staff) test kits for us to do a Lateral Flow Test at home. Going to WL audition seems to be back on the cards again...what a rollercoaster! And thanks @TwoDancers as that is exactly the type of test we will get given! Hope everyone else is now able to get sorted with this new info. x

thats great news 😀 it has been a rollercoaster week 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

My ds has to arrive between 1:30-2pm and finishes at 5:20. When does your ds finish? xx

Departure time is 6:20 - 6:30 then a long two hour drive home. 

so they have got them

crossing over then. Maybe your ds group dances first then our group arrives to dance when your group is in physio?  Haha I’m going to try and not spend the next two weeks working it out!!! 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, The red shoes said:

Departure time is 6:20 - 6:30 then a long two hour drive home. 

so they have got them

crossing over then. Maybe your ds group dances first then our group arrives to dance when your group is in physio?  Haha I’m going to try and not spend the next two weeks working it out!!! 🤣

I think there are 4 groups of 7 ... as ds associate teacher said 28 boys went through to finals . So two groups in morning , two

in afternoon xx 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Yes they're not very accurate but a lot cheaper and I don't think they wanted to tell us to get PCR due to the cost, however many of us can't find lateral flow so still having to pay for pcr or more expensive tests....its not ideal...I think you're allowed to travel for education purposes x 

Spring Intensives are insisting on PCR & 3 day window - which is over the Eater Bank Holidays- tricky!

40 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I think there are 4 groups of 7 ... as ds associate teacher said 28 boys went through to finals . So two groups in morning , two

in afternoon xx 

Reading this with fascination.... Boys at finals do at least have that assurance that they’re ‘very close’ to a successful outcome (if that’s the correct choice of words?) given that there are maybe 16 places on offer? They’ll have done exceptionally well to have come this far! 

I wonder if all boys who got through to finals did come through the JA route? 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Forgot to add something

2 hours ago, Dancermom said:

This is interesting I was wondering whether this might have been the case. Usually in year 6 another class opens up so do you think they may have stuck to the one class in year 6 this year? X

Friday 19th at 3.45...feel a bit sick!! A friend from the same centre on a different date so goodness knows how they have grouped them....

3 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Reading this with fascination.... Boys at finals do at least have that assurance that they’re ‘very close’ to a successful outcome (if that’s the correct choice of words?) given that there are maybe 16 places on offer? They’ll have done exceptionally well to have come this far! 

I think there’ll be less than 16 tbh, or at least those from the in-person auditions. There’ll be international candidates and those who couldn’t make it in-person to consider too (unless all the boys are able to make it in person).
When we had the zoom info meeting I’m sure someone asked and they said generally they take 12 boys and 12 girls but they have the capacity to take a few more. Who knows, but yes, what an achievement in itself for the girls and boys who’ve made it through - they should all be super proud of themselves. Little superstars! 😊👏

We know a young lad who got a no last year, being that close can also be extra painful as you are aware your chances were higher but you still didn’t make it (if that makes sense?). He was so gutted, bless him, but has bounced back wonderfully and has lots of really exciting teachers now - his dance future is definitely looking bright. It’s been a nice reminder that getting a no isn’t always a bad thing or the ‘end of the world’ like it might feel like at the time. 

Fingers crossed they do take 16 of each though, that’d be amazing! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I wonder if all boys who got through to finals did come through the JA route? 

I think there are 12-15 places ... but won’t take 15 if they don’t want them 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Friday 19th at 3.45...feel a bit sick!! A friend from the same centre on a different date so goodness knows how they have grouped them....

It could be height. Or if there are more than 7 girls who got through from the same centre. Or anything really. 

At least we can get excited now. It’ll be good fun! :) 

2 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

I think there’ll be less than 16 tbh, or at least those from the in-person auditions. There’ll be international candidates and those who couldn’t make it in-person to consider too (unless all the boys are able to make it in person).
When we had the zoom info meeting I’m sure someone asked and they said generally they take 12 boys and 12 girls but they have the capacity to take a few more. Who knows, but yes, what an achievement in itself for the girls and boys who’ve made it through - they should all be super proud of themselves. Little superstars! 😊👏

We know a young lad who got a no last year, being that close can also be extra painful as you are aware your chances were higher but you still didn’t make it (if that makes sense?). He was so gutted, bless him, but has bounced back wonderfully and has lots of really exciting teachers now - his dance future is definitely looking bright. It’s been a nice reminder that getting a no isn’t always a bad thing or the ‘end of the world’ like it might feel like at the time. 

Fingers crossed they do take 16 of each though, that’d be amazing! 

Ah yes, I’d probably made that number up of 16, or thought I read it somewhere. I know they prefer the students to board, but I makes me wonder if they stick rigidly to numbers according to boarding spaces, or if they have a touch of flexibility with those who might live in or around London and would prefer a day place (no idea if that actually exists). 

That’s why i also asked if it was presumed most came through JAs as is have thought there would be plenty of overseas applicants too. 

I do appreciate that a ‘nearly’ can be worse than a ‘no’, I’m sure we’ve all had that play out somehow and somewhere in our own non-dancing lives and careers too. Though I’m grateful that my DS has a lot more resilience than I do in bouncing back.

2 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Yes, 16 was discussed in this thread :) ...but it’s probably unlikely unfortunately. We can always hope. 

You can. They have day students too but they’ll be within those numbers. 

Do you have a guesstimate of when you might get results? Should that tie in roughly with results from those who may have applied to Elmhurst too? Feels like a long wait given Tring and Hammond etc feel like they were announced an age ago. 

39 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Do you have a guesstimate of when you might get results? Should that tie in roughly with results from those who may have applied to Elmhurst too? Feels like a long wait given Tring and Hammond etc feel like they were announced an age ago. 

No idea at the moment. It certainly feels like an age ago that we started the process. 😅

They will also have the mids places to announce from the same audition (aside from those who applied for mids only I believe) and that’ll come after WL results so we’re in for the long haul. I believe usually different schools results are all announced quite closely but this year, well... 🤷‍♀️😩 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma
  • Like 1