White lodge video audition - making a video

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:
4 hours ago, Bunny said:

Yes, but it is proving impossible to get a  covid test for us.

Can you get one at your nearest airport? Just a thought, as some of these centres have sprung up to allow people to test before travel.

• Like 1
Just now, Mrs Tea said:

no the lateral Flow as they requested. I tried the local centres here but they dont do under 16's 

So do they take the sample? I can't find a place like that. Still looking though.

Thank-you to everyone who has shared suggestions, etc. I really appreciate it. xxx

5 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, but it is proving impossible to get a  covid test for us. 

Have you tried your primary school? I called ours today and explained we need it for vocational school and they've agreed to do ours. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

• Like 2

We are lucky, I’m in a place where they are offering free lateral flow tests but I don’t want to book it yet as we havnt had a confirmed date. There’s 3 possible dates for the girls. They did say on the interview email today that we’ll know ‘shortly’ so I’m sure will be Thursday or Friday x 

Edited by Dancermom
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Returnofthejedi said:

Have you tried your primary school? I called ours today and explained we need it for vocational school and they've agreed to do ours. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

Yes, I called our school who has their own machine for PCR tests and  has lateral flow tests for staff and year 7 onwards and they said no. Did you use your own dc school or another primary school? 

16 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

So do they take the sample? I can't find a place like that. Still looking though.

Thank-you to everyone who has shared suggestions, etc. I really appreciate it. xxx

yes the doctor can do it and process it there and then. Can give us a result in 15mins xx

5 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, I called our school who has their own machine for PCR tests and  has lateral flow tests for staff and year 7 onwards and they said no. Did you use your own dc school or another primary school? 

@Lara EschlerI really feel for you. Sorry can't offer any new suggestions but your current DSs school response is unbelievably harsh. Fingers crossed that WL themselves are currently coming up with a plan to solve this problem that so many are having. We're still waiting to see if DSs school will let us use one of their (staff) tests... BTW your DS has his interview just after ours! 😊

• Like 1
Just now, Dancermom said:

Hopefully RBS will know of the difficulty some are facing getting the tests and come up with a plan. They seem to be very organised around these finals so I think they’ll come up with something! X

Quite agree ! They will be testing all the current WL kids returning, so surely will be setting up testing on site? Also they are as keen to see candidates in person as we are to attend in person. They've had several emails from people on this forum alone about the problems so they must know!

• Like 2

Lara, could you borrow an address? My local council in London is offering lateral flow tests and you don’t need proof of address. It does say it’s for those who live or work in the area, but they don’t seem to check. All it says you need to bring is:

• confirmation of your booking - the confirmation email on your mobile device or printed out 
  • a mobile device to scan a QR or bar code on the test. There will be devices available if you don’t have your own
2 minutes ago, rowan said:

Lara, could you borrow an address? My local council in London is offering lateral flow tests and you don’t need proof of address. It does say it’s for those who live or work in the area, but they don’t seem to check. All it says you need to bring is:

• confirmation of your booking - the confirmation email on your mobile device or printed out 
  • a mobile device to scan a QR or bar code on the test. There will be devices available if you don’t have your own

2 minutes ago, rowan said:

Thank-you, I actually have a flat in London but have tenants in but I paid council tax over the summer so have looked at that but the borough wanted proof of address and council tax bill for current tax year which I am not sure it was going t work. Could you message me (privately if you wish) if you know of a borough who does not require proof of address? 

Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Do you know if they different bracnhes? 

so sorry but hes our old GP who has gone private.....the hospital we are going to get it done are Spire Healthcare, they might have a branch near you? Or come up to us and I can ask him to do yours too! x

Just now, Mrs Tea said:

so sorry but hes our old GP who has gone private.....the hospital we are going to get it done are Spire Healthcare, they might have a branch near you? Or come up to us and I can ask him to do yours too! x

Thank-you. I will try, we have a Spire Hospital very near. 

For those struggling with this, I empathise. My DD took on a new ballet contract last year,  and to even enter the country she had to have proof of a negative covid test -but...that test could not be from the U.K. or Ireland. Oh, the fun we had trying to get that sorted - not.

5 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Yes ours was the independent GP I think who have clinics in Cardiff Newport and Swansea...there are loads of lateral flow tests you can use at home but RBS won't allow unfortunately! Tried BUPA too but couldn't only find a home test. Xxx

I though we were ok with the ones you can do at home (ones from healthcare workers)someone had said earlier in the chat? aslong as they have a barcode and can be registered? Or has their been a development I’ve missed? If so I’m back to square one 

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thanks again , I booked one at Stansted for the 10th now, I hope it works, they need passport and  email confirmation and it says flight details if applicable. 

Glad you got sorted 😀 I’m back panicking again now I’d sorted getting one from a healthcare worker friend (has a barcode so can be registered online) but I’ve now no idea if that is correct. Think I’ll have to ring them tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

Glad you got sorted 😀 I’m back panicking again now I’d sorted getting one from a healthcare worker friend (has a barcode so can be registered online) but I’ve now no idea if that is correct. Think I’ll have to ring them tomorrow 

It is really hard with all the uncertainty, hope it works out, let us know if they confirm administering the test at home is fine. 

5 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

I am positive these will be fine it’s the ones you just buy of the net that could be the problem because they probably won’t have a barcode.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I am positive these will be fine it’s the ones you just buy of the net that could be the problem because they probably won’t have a barcode.  

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense. I’m sure someone earlier had confirmed they were fine aslong as you registered and got the text? But it’s just proving to be very confusing! 

3 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

It is really hard with all the uncertainty, hope it works out, let us know if they confirm administering the test at home is fine. 

Thank you, yes I think my heads just abit in a muddle with it all 

I thought one of the concerns was reading the result yourself from the test kit? Is that how the lateral flow test kits given to staff work? 

I really hope they accept all the different variants of the test, and supply their own if people need them and hope all the children stay healthy and symptoms free. 

If a PCR test will be accepted, I highly recommend DAM Health for anyone able to go to Liverpool (on Rodney Street). Results and a certificate signed by a doctor were received within 4.5 hours of the test for 3 members of my family - results guaranteed within 24 hours of testing. £99 I believe.