White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

Just now, Mrs Tea said:

so sorry but hes our old GP who has gone private.....the hospital we are going to get it done are Spire Healthcare, they might have a branch near you? Or come up to us and I can ask him to do yours too! x

Thank-you. I will try, we have a Spire Hospital very near. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those struggling with this, I empathise. My DD took on a new ballet contract last year,  and to even enter the country she had to have proof of a negative covid test -but...that test could not be from the U.K. or Ireland. Oh, the fun we had trying to get that sorted - not.

5 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Yes ours was the independent GP I think who have clinics in Cardiff Newport and Swansea...there are loads of lateral flow tests you can use at home but RBS won't allow unfortunately! Tried BUPA too but couldn't only find a home test. Xxx

I though we were ok with the ones you can do at home (ones from healthcare workers)someone had said earlier in the chat? aslong as they have a barcode and can be registered? Or has their been a development I’ve missed? If so I’m back to square one 

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

Thanks again , I booked one at Stansted for the 10th now, I hope it works, they need passport and  email confirmation and it says flight details if applicable. 

Glad you got sorted 😀 I’m back panicking again now I’d sorted getting one from a healthcare worker friend (has a barcode so can be registered online) but I’ve now no idea if that is correct. Think I’ll have to ring them tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

Glad you got sorted 😀 I’m back panicking again now I’d sorted getting one from a healthcare worker friend (has a barcode so can be registered online) but I’ve now no idea if that is correct. Think I’ll have to ring them tomorrow 

It is really hard with all the uncertainty, hope it works out, let us know if they confirm administering the test at home is fine. 

5 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

I am positive these will be fine it’s the ones you just buy of the net that could be the problem because they probably won’t have a barcode.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ballet Dreams said:

I am positive these will be fine it’s the ones you just buy of the net that could be the problem because they probably won’t have a barcode.  

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense. I’m sure someone earlier had confirmed they were fine aslong as you registered and got the text? But it’s just proving to be very confusing! 

I thought one of the concerns was reading the result yourself from the test kit? Is that how the lateral flow test kits given to staff work? 

I really hope they accept all the different variants of the test, and supply their own if people need them and hope all the children stay healthy and symptoms free. 

If a PCR test will be accepted, I highly recommend DAM Health for anyone able to go to Liverpool (on Rodney Street). Results and a certificate signed by a doctor were received within 4.5 hours of the test for 3 members of my family - results guaranteed within 24 hours of testing. £99 I believe. 

25 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense. I’m sure someone earlier had confirmed they were fine aslong as you registered and got the text? But it’s just proving to be very confusing! 

Royal have told me that it’s fine to use one of the lateral flow tests from school as long as you can report the results and get confirmation back (eg it must have a barcode that is reported)

51 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

I thought one of the concerns was reading the result yourself from the test kit? Is that how the lateral flow test kits given to staff work? 

I really hope they accept all the different variants of the test, and supply their own if people need them and hope all the children stay healthy and symptoms free. 

That’s what I originally thought but then someone said they had spoke to them and they were accepting these ones aslong as they were registered online. Are these not the same tests they do in school anyway? What’s the difference if a school does it do they register it instead? I’m wondering if I could take the test I’ve been given by a friend into school to be done if that’s the case 

1 minute ago, Weloveballet said:

That’s what I originally thought but then someone said they had spoke to them and they were accepting these ones aslong as they were registered online. Are these not the same tests they do in school anyway? What’s the difference if a school does it do they register it instead? I’m wondering if I could take the test I’ve been given by a friend into school to be done if that’s the case 

I think people had confirmed it is fine, when I called they also said to try to source it from a secondary school (though I thought the test would be administered  by staff.) 

My concern would just be people self-reporting results and self-interpreting the test results.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Just found out  Dumlers Pharmacy in Richmond  offers rapid antigen tests and they are 69 pounds.   

The stress of sourcing a test has at least distracted me from the the stress of ds attending an audition class at such a prestigious school.  

Same! 🤣Thank you 😀

2 hours ago, Weloveballet said:

I though we were ok with the ones you can do at home (ones from healthcare workers)someone had said earlier in the chat? aslong as they have a barcode and can be registered? Or has their been a development I’ve missed? If so I’m back to square one 

Hi lovely. I had a response from royal ballet by email saying you couldn't do a home test...maybe email them and ask if yours is OK. I sent them a link for an mhra approved one and the bupa one but they told me I would have to book an appointment somewhere x 

8 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi lovely. I had a response from royal ballet by email saying you couldn't do a home test...maybe email them and ask if yours is OK. I sent them a link for an mhra approved one and the bupa one but they told me I would have to book an appointment somewhere x 

Thanks so much, I’m back at square one again but at least I’ve still plenty of time to sort

7 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

That’s not what I was told! They were quite happy with a self administered school test as long as the results were reported! As far as I am aware, most lateral flow tests are self administered even if you book to have it done somewhere - it’s only the antigen and pcr tests that are carried out by a healthcare worker/professional?

1 minute ago, TwoDancers said:

That’s not what I was told! They were quite happy with a self administered school test as long as the results were reported! As far as I am aware, most lateral flow tests are self administered even if you book to have it done somewhere - it’s only the antigen and pcr tests that are carried out by a healthcare worker/professional?

that’s what I had read also, I really hope they do send us an email with clear confirmation of exactly what they require. So when you self administer with a school test who reports is it the school or yourself? 

2 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

All the lateral flow tests that are being used by teaching staff and healthcare workers are self administered and self reported to the NHS.  Even the secondary school children will be self administering their own tests at home once they have been shown how to do it over the first few weeks back at school ....!

2 minutes ago, Weloveballet said:

that’s what I had read also, I really hope they do send us an email with clear confirmation of exactly what they require. So when you self administer with a school test who reports is it the school or yourself? 

We do it ourself - obviously it relies on honesty!

All the lateral flow tests that are being used by teaching staff and healthcare workers are self administered and self reported to the NHS.  Even the secondary school children will be self administering their own tests at home once they have been shown how to do it over the first few weeks back at school ....!

so the fact that they’ve suggested the school does it must mean they are happy with this sort of test? The test that has been given to me is from a healthcare worker so has a barcode on it. But as mentioned above they’ve also said home tests are not accepted so it’s like they aren’t sure completely themselves.  As I say I hope they do clarify over the next few days 

1 hour ago, Weloveballet said:

so the fact that they’ve suggested the school does it must mean they are happy with this sort of test? The test that has been given to me is from a healthcare worker so has a barcode on it. But as mentioned above they’ve also said home tests are not accepted so it’s like they aren’t sure completely themselves.  As I say I hope they do clarify over the next few days 

You will report the results of that test to the NHS (using the barcode) and get an official email and text confirming the test result, the name and DOB of the person taking the test.

12 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Just found out  Dumlers Pharmacy in Richmond  offers rapid antigen tests and they are 69 pounds.   

The stress of sourcing a test has at least distracted me from the the stress of ds attending an audition class at such a prestigious school.  

Just make sure that the results are officially reported and you get a certificate. I have phoned a few places local to me that offer rapid Antigen testing but they just tell you the result rather than getting an official report confirming it!

• Like 1

Just make sure that the results are officially reported and you get a certificate. I have phoned a few places local to me that offer rapid Antigen testing but they just tell you the result rather than getting an official report confirming it!

Yes thanks for saying that, I need to check that we’ll get a certificate from the free testing site. I will call them today x