White lodge video audition - making a video

The red shoes

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Weloveballet said:

Thank you for this info! Are the ones from healthcare workers the ones you can put into the app? That’s the one we have kindly given by a friend who works at a doctors 

It will tell you where to report the result in the instructions 

1 hour ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Reading this with fascination.... Boys at finals do at least have that assurance that they’re ‘very close’ to a successful outcome (if that’s the correct choice of words?) given that there are maybe 16 places on offer? They’ll have done exceptionally well to have come this far! 

I wonder if all boys who got through to finals did come through the JA route? 

From the zoom meeting the artistic director said it is usually 12 girls and 12 boys but could take 15 or the absolute maximum would be 16 but they prefer to take fewer. Not all are JAs at finals, but I think around 90% at White lodge were JAs,  for boys sometimes you hear of someone who had hardly done any ballet before but got a place, maybe from a gymnastics background. There are also children applying from abroad but given the young age, I think it is relatively few for year 7.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

No idea at the moment. It certainly feels like an age ago that we started the process. 😅

They will also have the mids places to announce from the same audition (aside from those who applied for mids only I believe) and that’ll come after WL results so we’re in for the long haul. I believe usually different schools results are all announced quite closely but this year, well... 🤷‍♀️😩 

On the email it says Final results for White Lodge within 2 weeks...Don't about mid associates. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Unfortunately not, but they do a waiting list too. Some they offer MA’s to will decline and go to Elmhurst so that may free up some space too. It’s such a shame they are such small classes compared to junior associates 

Would a full-time student at ELmhurst be allowed to do Royal Ballet School MAs? I know at YDA some pupils are London MAs, though it is a very different school, was wondering if some MAs are at full-time vocational schools...

23 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Would a full-time student at ELmhurst be allowed to do Royal Ballet School MAs? I know at YDA some pupils are London MAs, though it is a very different school, was wondering if some MAs are at full-time vocational schools...

No , they aren’t allowed. Elmhurst see it as their training should be enough which in fairness, it should be.

Tring I think let you do MA’s though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The red shoes said:

We only have two boys in year 6 Birmingham ... they may have done it on location , age ... anything or nothing. Again something I could obsess over for two weeks !!! 

It’s usually grouped alphabetically, there isn’t any secret to it. Everything RB does is very orderly. 😊

20 minutes ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

My DD has sat 20th, arrival between 13:30-14:00 and a very specific departure time of 17:55, guess they are staggering pick ups.

Ooo, we’re the same slot then, barring slightly different pick up time! Goodness knows what we’ll do whilst they’re in there, with everything closed! 

7 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

My ds surname is B and he appears to be in the very last group 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think it’s just random tbh 

3 minutes ago, CrazyDanceMum said:

Maybe its by age ? my DD is an August baby

Yes, That was going to be my next response. They also order by age and birth months.

So when my son did Prelims they were ordered in three groups for auditions. Summer born first, then Spring, then Autumn/Winter.

Edited by Motomum

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

From the zoom meeting the artistic director said it is usually 12 girls and 12 boys but could take 15 or the absolute maximum would be 16 but they prefer to take fewer. Not all are JAs at finals, but I think around 90% at White lodge were JAs,  for boys sometimes you hear of someone who had hardly done any ballet before but got a place, maybe from a gymnastics background. There are also children applying from abroad but given the young age, I think it is relatively few for year 7.

I feel like I’m slightly gate crashing this discussion, as this kind of thing won’t be on the radar for us until at least the end of this year, and into 2022. But it’s always really interesting and insightful to know what the experience and journey is for those an academic year ahead. I feel nervous for all of you involved, I dread to think what state I would be in, should we find ourselves in this situation. 

• Like 1

I think if they can and where they can it makes sense to put kids together from the same JA centres just so there are familiar faces on the day, but in some cases that won’t be possible and it is what it is. As long as they’re all going and have the opportunity to see the school and experience the audition, that’s the main thing! 

8 minutes ago, Bunny said:

I think if they can and where they can it makes sense to put kids together from the same JA centres just so there are familiar faces on the day, but in some cases that won’t be possible and it is what it is. As long as they’re all going and have the opportunity to see the school and experience the audition, that’s the main thing! 

Of course that’s the main thing. However I know a couple from same centre on different days. Maybe they’ve grouped them in some sort of order of preference? Who knows... and who cares 🤣