Covid and Associates...

MrsMoo2

4 minutes ago, BellaF said:

I've just had an email from Elmhurst YD saying that, even in the circumstance of a class location moving into tier 3, sessions will continue as they are education.

ย 

Hope that helps a little.

I was just coming on here to say exactly that! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I noticed they did mention not to travel to Elmhurst if local restrictions where you live do not allow it.

Itโ€™s confusing with ballet isnโ€™t it as I would have said education but it seems to come under sport/group activities/ gyms etc in guidance. Perhaps it depends on whether the provider is a registered educational establishment (providing academics as well)ย like elmhurst or RBS or purely a ballet school? ย 

I feel the same brain has had it. It's travelling a long way to class I'm confused about too. So forย example going from a tier 1 place to a tier 2 or tier 3 place then back again...non essential travel rule etc. Luckily not applied to our circumstances as of yet but it so easily could at some point. Or if you class is in a tier 3 area and you live in a tier 1. I'm very confused! Want to be responsible at the same time as rational! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ

43 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

I was just coming on here to say exactly that! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I noticed they did mention not to travel to Elmhurst if local restrictions where you live do not allow it.

That is what is a bit confusing - they can carry on which is fantastic, even in tier 3, but in tier 3, you canโ€™t travel which they also say not to do ๐Ÿค” or am I being really dim. I think itโ€™s probably me being dim ๐Ÿคฃ ย I just want to check Iโ€™m doing the right thing. ๐Ÿ˜…

• Like 1

No travel restrictions in tier 2 so

thatย at least is straightforward! You definitely canโ€™t travel to wales from somewhere with a high infection rate which may affect some?

Edited by Peony
Terrible spelling!

These are the links to the Government Guidelines for Tier 2 and Tier 3ย which gives a lot more detail than on the news websites.

ย 

My interpretation is that associate classes can still run in all Tiers as long as there is no household mixing (whether you consider them education or exercise class)

ย 

In terms of travel restrictions:

ย 

• If you live in a Tierย 1/2 area and/or your class is either in the same area or another Tier 1 or Tier 2 area it looks OK to me - there are no travel restrictions for Tier 2
  • If you live in a Tier 3 area and your class is in the same Tier 3 area - again I think you are OK.
  • If you live in a Tier 3 area and your class is in another area OR if you live in a non Tier 3 area and your class is in a Tier 3 areaย - I think the principle is that you shouldn't travel. ย Youย maybe could argue that associates are education in which case there is an exemption. ย But remember the areas in Tier 3 have very high infection rates. ย Is it the right thing to do to risk spreading it to other areas?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glowlight said:

ย 

• If you live in a Tier 3 area and your class is in another area OR if you live in a non Tier 3 area and your class is in a Tier 3 areaย - I think the principle is that you shouldn't travel. ย Youย maybe could argue that associates are education in which case there is an exemption. ย But remember the areas in Tier 3 have very high infection rates. ย Is it the right thing to do to risk spreading it to other areas?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Travel, even in T3 - going either way - is not banned just should be avoided if possible.

We have been in welsh lockdown area and been told we cannot travel to royal ballet associates (even though welsh gov allow travel for children for sport)....they have been having lessons via zoom which isn't the same but obviously we are grateful as it is better than nothing! So I guess it also depends on your associate provider as seems royal differ to elmhurst and other schemes!ย 

All very confusing. I plan to just go with the guidance Elmhurst are giving.

My main concern is where I am going to go to the loo during my DDs class if they close all the local cafes etc ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฌ

20 minutes ago, Spamcat said:

All very confusing. I plan to just go with the guidance Elmhurst are giving.

My main concern is where I am going to go to the loo during my DDs class if they close all the local cafes etc ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Yes we had this issue too! Turned up early to get breakfast on the one week we were allowed and there were no cafes open! We managed to find a restaurant that allowed us to have a cup of tea outside and use the toilets! Not ideal really! Xย 

• Like 1

We have had a letter from Ballet Boostย Associates giving us guidance which really helped clarify. I'd recommend asking the associate schemes your DC are in for further guidance. The general gist is they felt that as auditioned and vocational classed as educational.ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Yes we had this issue too! Turned up early to get breakfast on the one week we were allowed and there were no cafes open! We managed to find a restaurant that allowed us to have a cup of tea outside and use the toilets! Not ideal really! Xย 

ย 

Yes, my local authority a few years ago had the brilliant idea to close all the public toilets and persuade local businesses to operate their toilets as "Community toilets" instead.ย  So that's places like pubs, shops, libraries, cinemas, theatres ... all those places which are either closed or under threat of closure now.ย  Genius :(

Iโ€™m finding this quite a problem, especially outside of coreย business hours, To the extent that Iโ€™m constantly worried about going out because there will be no loo! Iโ€™d be happy to pay but there just are no facilities open. Maybe some enterprising people could find a solution and boost their income

• Like 4