Malvern Ballet Seminars - Easter Course 2021

Jan McNulty

Oh brilliant, this is fantastic news! My DC attended one week last Summer as well as attending another more well known summer school course. 

I can honestly say the change in performance and confidence in one week was unbelievable. Worked hard and shown exactly what DC was capable of. Each and every child got a chance to shine at the end of week performance. Had great fun in the evenings too. Asked/Pleaded to go to 2 weeks at Malvern Ballet Seminar next summer instead of anywhere else. Made some great friends. Highly recommend. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, RachH said:

I know this is a bit of an old thread but looking at the Easter course with boarding for my 9 year old. She’s not been away from home on her own for more than a night before, do many children of her age board? Thanks!

I looked into this last year for my daughter who would have been 9 but it was cancelled due to covid. It did look really lovely...and they were really nice when I contacted them via email and it did seem like a very nurturing environment x 

1 hour ago, RachH said:

Thanks for your reply @Raquelle- I also emailed Malvern and have already received a lovely reassuring response. I’ve signed her up! Anyone else going?

My 9yr old DD really wants to do this Malvern course now because she has a couple of friends doing it but I only heard about it after I'd booked Tring. Now she wants to do both (there is one day off between the two) but not sure if that would be too tiring.

11 minutes ago, Canary said:

@Spamcat i would let her do as many summer schools as you can afford. They make friends for life 

Thanks @Canary. Do you find they come home exhausted or do you think it would be doable to do 2 courses with only one day off inbetween? This is Easter but we have the same problem in summer because she's doing English youth ballet and malvern starts the day after it finishes! She's so keen but I don't want to overdo it.

5 minutes ago, RachH said:

@Spamcat - which EYB is your daughter doing? Mine is doing Swan Lake in Bromley in July (rescheduled from last summer) and also wants to audition for Nutcracker in Crawley in November!

She is doing Cinderella in Hollywood in Cardiff in August, just auditioned and got accepted this month. Never done it before so very exciting! She would love to do Nutcracker too but Crawley is too far for us realistically. Although tempting!

11 minutes ago, RachH said:

I had an email last night to say that they were still liaising with Uppingham School as to whether it could run or not and they’d let us know ASAP.

@RachH thank you. I think I'm probably not on the mailing list as she is not officially booked in yet. Would you mind letting me know if you hear either way? Thanks so much and fingers crossed! 🤞 😊 xx

I doubt that it will be allowed to run as between 29th March and 12th April indoor provision is only allowed if it is reasonably necessary for a child to attend to allow their parent to work/attend medical appointments etc.  Children should be encouraged to attend setting close to where they live or go to school.

1 hour ago, Dancing unicorn said:

I really hate to have to say this but, whilst Vocational Dance schools might be opening tomorrow, there’s no sign of recreational dance schools opening yet, so how can Easter courses go ahead! 
Just saying 🥺

Totally agree !! They aren’t allowed til April 12th, RAD wise, so how can RBS hold a residential, makes no sense. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

I really hate to have to say this but, whilst Vocational Dance schools might be opening tomorrow, there’s no sign of recreational dance schools opening yet, so how can Easter courses go ahead! 
Just saying 🥺

I did think it would be impossible and was very surprised to hear RBS is running. But if RBS are allowed to do it then they all should be able to. Maybe it is classed as education? 🤷‍♀️ Tring said residential was against the rules.