World Ballet Day 2020

Guest oncnp

• 3 weeks later...

Further info from the ROH: https://www.roh.org.uk/news/details-of-the-royal-ballets-itinerary-for-world-ballet-day-2020-announced

The Royal Ballet itinerary

Presented by Royal Ballet dancers Alexander Campbell and Kristen McNally, The Royal Ballet’s itinerary includes:

• Pre-recorded Class on the Royal Opera House Stage
  • George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky pas de deux, rehearsal with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov
  • Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes, rehearsal with Fumi Kaneko and Reece Clarke
  • Christopher Wheeldon’s Within the Golden Hour rehearsal with David Donnelly and Téo Dubreuil
  • Frederick Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits rehearsal with Fernando Montaño
  • Valentino Zucchetti rehearsing a new work Scherzo, performed by Artists of The Royal Ballet
  • There will also be interviews and insights celebrating Black History Month and The Royal Ballet summer community engagement programme Doncaster Dances.

13 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Maybe this list IS already in actual time order?   Just not clear from the format?  A task for today ....

Can't quite discern any type of order (although there must be one). If it were in running order would think the Royal New Zealand Ballet at UTC +13 would be listed first. And there is a bit of overlap.  

I think a good many of the various company's 30mins streaming slots are on simultaneously, so you have to pick one, and watch the other (if so inclined) later. I seem to remember that was what happened last year. At least, that's what my memory is telling me today....

13 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

I think a good many of the various company's 30mins streaming slots are on simultaneously, so you have to pick one, and watch the other (if so inclined) later. I seem to remember that was what happened last year. At least, that's what my memory is telling me today....

All the Companies apart from the main three are on alongside the main three and, also, clash with one another.

Last year, I stayed mainly with the Bolshoi, the RB and the NBoC (the latter doesn't seem to be a key player this year) and 'dipped' elsewhere, both during the day and subsequently. Many of the contributors left their slots up for some time afterwards.

On 06/10/2020 at 13:07, Blossom said:

just booked the day off work so I can catch as much as possible!

What an excellent idea - I will have to have it playing on my phone while I'm at work!  Hopefully it will be available to view later in the day.

1 hour ago, FionaE said:

Maybe this list IS already in actual time order?   Just not clear from the format?  A task for today ....

It most definitely isn't! I've pulled together a spreadsheet so I can track what's on when so I don't miss the bits I really want to see... I'vej jotted some notes also based on what companies have announced. You should be able to access here

Edited by Blossom
adding link
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Naomi M said:

This website is in French but it does put all the companies according to timeline with links to each FB site so this is quite useful.

https://www.dansesaveclaplume.com/hors-scene/1106872-world-ballet-day-2020-le-programme-du-29-octobre/

Thank you very much Naomi. The Mariinsky will be appearing for the first time.

• Like 1

Thank you, that is a great help.  I notice that Ernst Meisner will be giving class to Dutch National Ballet - I did his online classes frequently, they were one of my favourites.  Presumably the times given are European time so it will be one hour later than GMT.

Edited by Pas de Quatre

Just to inform people that Estonian National Ballet will be showing a rehearsal on their Facebook page tomorrow at 8.30am our time.  This is a rehearsal of Act I of Mary Skeaping's "Giselle" which was recorded last week as the company has placing calls onstage tomorrow so cannot participate 'live' in World Ballet Day.  Their Facebook page is  Rahvusooper Estonia.

Edited by Irmgard
left out something
  • Like 3