Opera and music on terrestrial TV

With the advent of Sky Arts to Freeview, I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a sister thread to the "Dance on terrestrial TV" thread, so here it is.  There's too much rock and pop on Sky Arts to make it worthwhile listing all those regularly, but if you spot anything you think may be of particular interest, do post!

23 hours ago, alison said:

I don't know if this is the above concert or not, but my TV said something about "Haitink at 90".  It's on the newly-Freeview-ised Sky Arts tomorrow at 11 am:

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/3852320/33171581/lso-bernard-haitink-conducts-mozart-and-bruckner

Bound to be worth a listen, anyway.

11 hours ago, Scheherezade said:

With a repeat at 6.55 am on Friday for anyone who missed this morning and wants to record. Plus Simon Rattle's 16 years at the Berlin Phil at 7.30 on Thursday morning and don't forget the RO's Madama Butterfly with Ermonela Jaho at 11.00 am tomorrow and 6.30 am on Wednesday plus ENO's drive-in Boheme at 8.00 pm on Wednesday.

Don't faint, but on BBC2 this Saturday, 26th September, 7.30-9.00 - Bernard Haitink, The Enigmatic Maestro.  Are they upping the fight against Sky Arts?

Otherwise, on the latter channel:

Saturday 26th September, 11.00 am: LSO/Rattle conducts Stravinsky ballets

Sunday 27th, 11 am: Royal Opera: Cosi Fan Tutte

plus: Mon/Tues morning:

midnight repeat of ENO's drive-in La Boheme

followed at 1.30 by: Pavarotti, a Voice for the Ages

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, alison said:

Don't faint, but on BBC2 this Saturday, 26th September, 7.30-9.00 - Bernard Haitink, The Enigmatic Maestro.  Are they upping the fight against Sky Arts?

I was watching Simon Schama's excellent series on the Romantics and BBC 2 announced itself as the channel of arts and culture. 

The Royal Opera's Il Trovatore is on Sky Arts this Sunday at 11 am.  Any thoughts on the production?  I believe it may be a new one since the one I saw.

Oh, and Monday 6 am is Maria Callas: Legends of Opera.  Tuesday 6 am is I am La Scala, followed at 6.55 by another concert with Simon Rattle - Wagner and Haydn.

Ballet getting short shrift already, I see.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd forgotten I'd started this thread, but here's a quick shout out for the following on Sky Arts:

Today, 11 am: Valery Gergiev conducts Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique (and presumably something else as the programme lasts for nearly two hours)

Sunday, 6 am: Pavarotti 10th Anniversary Gala

Monday 26th Oct, 6 am - Legends of Opera: Joan Sutherland

Tuesday 27th, 3 am - Chi-chi Nwanoku on Samuel Coleridge-Taylor

Weds 28th, 7.30 am - Hamilton: One Shot to Broadway

Thurs 29th, 6 am - La Clemenza di Tito

Sky Arts again:

Saturday 31st October, 11 am: LSO: Sir Simon Rattle Conducts Delage, Ravel and Dutilleux With Leonidas (presumably Kavakos?)

Sunday 1st November

11 am: Opera North: Trouble in Tahiti (repeated 3.10 am on Tuesday 3rd)

12 pm: Pavarotti: Birth of a Pop Star

Monday 2nd November, 6 am: Montserrat Caballé: Legends of Opera

Thursday 5th November, 7 am: Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique (John Eliot Gardiner and the Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique)

Still on Sky Arts:

Wednesday 11th November, 6 am: The Tales of Hoffmann - Royal Opera

Thursday 12th November, 6 am: Beyond the Grace Note - the world of female conductors, with Marin, Mirga et al

7.25 am: Trifonov Plays Chopin

Friday 13th November, 7 am: Turandot on Sydney Harbour (Opera Australia)

Sunday 15th November, 10.30 am: Carmen on Sydney Harbour

Monday 23rd November7

6 am   Legends of Opera: Renee Fleming

Tuesday 24th

6 am  La Clemenza di Tito

Wednesday 25th

6 am  Pavarotti: A Voice for the Ages

7.15 am  Lorenzo Viotti conducts Beethoven and Schumann