European School of Ballet, Amsterdam

Oakley

I read somewhere on this forum that the director was formerly director of Dutch National Academy and had split from them to form European School of Ballet.

A few girls from Australia have gone there, including one I know whose mother went with her and is being employed (I believe) to look after kids in accommodation (like a dorm mum) (I might be wrong about her role). The girls who have gone have been very good dancers and very slim.

• Like 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to European School of Ballet, Amsterdam
7 hours ago, Kanangra said:

I read somewhere on this forum that the director was formerly director of Dutch National Academy and had split from them to form European School of Ballet.

A few girls from Australia have gone there, including one I know whose mother went with her and is being employed (I believe) to look after kids in accommodation (like a dorm mum) (I might be wrong about her role). The girls who have gone have been very good dancers and very slim.

Thank you for the reply Kanangra - is your friend that attends the school happy with the training and the school itself?

The training looks amazing and the students are very classical and get fantastic classical jobs.  My sons friend (they were at Tring together) finished 2 years there after 6th form at Tring and has become the most gorgeous dancer (always very gifted - but ESB have turned him into an absolutely beautiful classical dancer) He has a classical contract in Europe but I can remember where. I can’t comment on the pastoral side as have no idea. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Harwel said:

The training looks amazing and the students are very classical and get fantastic classical jobs.  My sons friend (they were at Tring together) finished 2 years there after 6th form at Tring and has become the most gorgeous dancer (always very gifted - but ESB have turned him into an absolutely beautiful classical dancer) He has a classical contract in Europe but I can remember where. I can’t comment on the pastoral side as have no idea. 

Thanks for the reply Harwel, its really great to hear about the job side of things too!

My daughter attends ESB and has just commenced her second year, although her third term of Year One was online due to Covid. She is very happy there and we have found both the training and the pastoral care to be very good. The teachers are very invested in helping the students find jobs when they are ready and there is plenty of exposure to visiting directors and choreographers which helps the dancers build their networks as well as their repertoire.

There are a variety of lodging options, some in the building adjoining the school with full supervision and catering and some in hub studios rented by the school around the city with onsite supervision if desired.

I'm happy to answer any questions based on our personal experience, and can honestly say that my daughter's experience so far has been very positive.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 22/09/2020 at 08:20, Berrysmum said:

My daughter attends ESB and has just commenced her second year, although her third term of Year One was online due to Covid. She is very happy there and we have found both the training and the pastoral care to be very good. The teachers are very invested in helping the students find jobs when they are ready and there is plenty of exposure to visiting directors and choreographers which helps the dancers build their networks as well as their repertoire.

There are a variety of lodging options, some in the building adjoining the school with full supervision and catering and some in hub studios rented by the school around the city with onsite supervision if desired.

I'm happy to answer any questions based on our personal experience, and can honestly say that my daughter's experience so far has been very positive.

Hi,

my daughter has just been offered a place at the school. We heard so many positive things about this new school. Is your daughter still happy with the school? What about lodging? Is it nice? Do you have pictures? Thanks for all extra info we can get! 🤩🙏🏻❤️