Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

4 hours ago, Lucyj said:

Just booked our PCR test for 3rd April. There are still appointments available although not many.  We have one excited DD here!

Thanks Lucyj - did they say that they would be able to be processed within 48 hours despite the bank hols/Easter?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea when we might hear about Summer intensive results? We put in a last minute application but not holding out much hope as we know a lot of places will have gone to those who should have attended last year.....we didn't apply last year though.

Edited by sunrise81

On 12/03/2021 at 21:01, sunrise81 said:

Any idea when we might hear about Summer intensive results? We put in a last minute application but not holding out much hope as we know a lot of places will have gone to those who should have attended last year.....we didn't apply last year though.

Hello sunrise - do we know that places are prioritised for last summer applications or is this just a thought that makes sense?

51 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

I was under the impression that if they had a place offered from last year when it couldn't happen, then they had a place this year. Plus some kids who attended the online ones have also been given direct entry....so don't have to apply.

Thank you 😃

1 hour ago, sunrise81 said:

I was under the impression that if they had a place offered from last year when it couldn't happen, then they had a place this year. Plus some kids who attended the online ones have also been given direct entry....so don't have to apply.

Places were not carried forward and those with places last year have to apply for this year.  Those who were given direct entry still had to submit an application for the dates they wanted through the application portal.  I heard of a number of direct entry so there may well be fewer places this year especially if there is still an element of social distancing.  They have added an additional face to face week and there is a week of on-line classes which I assume will be the same as last year so an additional opportunity.  Good luck to those who have applied.

On 12/03/2021 at 14:13, balletboy8 said:

Thanks Lucyj - did they say that they would be able to be processed within 48 hours despite the bank hols/Easter?

Hi there, they didn't say either way, however there was no notification to suggest otherwise.  I might give them a call to find out though 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dance.Mum said:

Places were not carried forward and those with places last year have to apply for this year.  Those who were given direct entry still had to submit an application for the dates they wanted through the application portal.  I heard of a number of direct entry so there may well be fewer places this year especially if there is still an element of social distancing.  They have added an additional face to face week and there is a week of on-line classes which I assume will be the same as last year so an additional opportunity.  Good luck to those who have applied.

Ah were they not!!! Thanks for this!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PutYourBooteesOn said:

Sunrise - DD had a place last year with no rollover to this year. Still playing the waiting game 

Thanks!!! I was sure I had read somewhere that they were carrying then over. I know YBS has, as dd has her place from last year for this year. 

1 hour ago, sunrise81 said:

Thanks!!! I was sure I had read somewhere that they were carrying then over. I know YBS has, as dd has her place from last year for this year. 

My daughter going to YBS this year too carrying over from last year. 
Are you going residential? 

2 minutes ago, MrsR said:

My daughter going to YBS this year too carrying over from last year. 
Are you going residential? 

Yes she is.....she was going to be a day student but we can't make that work as we only have one car now. So changed her place to residential 

Just now, sunrise81 said:

Yes she is.....she was going to be a day student but we can't make that work as we only have one car now. So changed her place to residential 

Same as us. There aren’t many staying in that age group as I asked when I changed it from a day place. 

• Like 1

Ah thats interesting. Which week is she doing....ours is week 2. Dd has been away at Elmhurst this year so will be fine.....and she knows a girl in Yr 8 who is there same week. First time she has done YBS but loves their pop ups so am sure will be great! 

My 11 yo daughter had a place for last summer and on waiting list for this spring. I wonder if they will offer any places for international students with all the travel restrictions going on. Hopefully results will be sent soon. The waiting game is not fun for the parents 😅. good luck everyone! 

Edited by BalletMomBecca

3 minutes ago, BalletMomBecca said:

My 11 yo daughter had a place for last summer and on waiting list for this spring. I wonder if they will offer any places for international students with all the travel restrictions going on. Hopefully results will be sent soon. The waiting game is not fun for the parents. 😅

Not sure of whether oversea students but the last email about Spring Intensive stated that there were 15 countries attending this year 😃 DS also waiting for Summer results!

1 minute ago, balletboy8 said:

Not sure of whether oversea students but the last email about Spring Intensive stated that there were 15 countries attending this year 😃 DS also waiting for Summer results!

Good to know! Thanks and good luck! 🤞 

• Like 1

Interesting they're now saying results will be out by mid-March for the Summer Intensive. I feel sick every time I get an email! As someone else said, goodness knows how they're administering the return to school, organising the Spring Intensive, running White Lodge and Upper School auditions, selecting children for the Summer Intensive and working their way through JA video auditions...all at the same time! Fingers crossed everyone!

• Like 1