Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD has Waiting list as well.  We have never applied for the intensives before but thought we would give it a go as pictures are the same for Mids & WL audition.  My DD has had two nos for year 4 and 5and SWL for year 6 JAs.  I am so surprised she is on the waiting list we thought it would be a straight no!  I am so proud of her perseverance she’s so determined to achieve her dreams.

14 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Congratulations to all the swl and yeses. DD looks to be the only no on here just now 😢

Aw I think the data here is probably skewed and a lot of nos perhaps not saying on here....Looking at past years most people got a no xxx 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

Congratulations to all the swl and yeses. DD looks to be the only no on here just now 😢

As Raquelle said - lots of people with no’s don’t share the news (which is up to them of course). My DD has just had probably her 5th no for an RBS intensive! She’s in year 9 at vocational school and has never had any success with RBS - but plenty at other places. It must be lovely to be chosen but it’s not the only way xx

Edited by margarite
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, GabrielleDeV said:

Another one for the waiting list here! Congratulations to those who got a yes, especially those who were disappointed last year. I wonder if there might have been more pressure on places this year for that reason, which might explain the looooong waiting list this year!

They mentioned they are only giving residential offers so this might limit the numbers of places available as many Londoners would have commuted perhaps. 

My dd also on the waiting list. She’s a year 6 JA, and was supposed to attend the summer intensive this year. I did warn her that there are fewer places available for the Easter. Can I ask those talking about ‘short waiting list’, did it say that in your email? Ours just said Waiting List. 

6 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

We got a no, just wonder now where this leaves our MA/WL application?DD is Yr6 JA.

Don't over think it and carry on with your applications.  They didn't see your DC dance - it is all photos and they probably closed their eyes and pointed!  My DC got a place and has been lucky enough to go to a few over the years  but it has absolutely no baring whatsoever on whether they will get a WL or MA place.  The year my DC was applying for the school there were a few who didn't get spring or summer but went on to get a place at WL.  Honestly year 6 is the most stressful year for both parents and children - it should have a health warning!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coniger said:

Don't over think it and carry on with your applications.  They didn't see your DC dance - it is all photos and they probably closed their eyes and pointed!  My DC got a place and has been lucky enough to go to a few over the years  but it has absolutely no baring whatsoever on whether they will get a WL or MA place.  The year my DC was applying for the school there were a few who didn't get spring or summer but went on to get a place at WL.  Honestly year 6 is the most stressful year for both parents and children - it should have a health warning!

Thankyou for your kind words. I dont think DD looks great in photos and certainly doesn't catch her artistry,we are trying to be really grounded about the Yr7 applications, they have nearly all gone digital, so I'm a bit concerned her photos will be a problem this year as more is put on them... We are doing the MA/WL video audition at home, so its not going to be Oscar winning! We were just hoping for a wait List for Spring Intensive this time around but sadly no, I think a wait list would help spur us on for the videos and photos! Haha. 

Congratulations to your DC xx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Thankyou... just a shame it's predominantly digital auditions this year and DD probably won't experience an audition in person, which is a shame. Xx

Yes, it is a shame! Filming these videos is stressful too! They’ve only just started pirouettes at JAs, so we’re holding off on filming those! 

12 minutes ago, PetitJeté said:

Yes, it is a shame! Filming these videos is stressful too! They’ve only just started pirouettes at JAs, so we’re holding off on filming those! 

It is so very stressful, I feel all the pressure is on me...I have thought about just giving up and not apply. Finding it hard to keep ds focused too. 

Edited by Lara Eschler
spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

It is so very stressful, I feel all the pressure is on me...I have thought about just giving up and not apply. Finding it hard to keep ds focused too. 

Also feeling stressed but giving it another few weeks before I think about it and hoping by then her pirouettes will have improved! X 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coniger said:

My DC got a place and has been lucky enough to go to a few over the years  but it has absolutely no baring whatsoever on whether they will get a WL or MA place.  The year my DC was applying for the school there were a few who didn't get spring or summer but went on to get a place at WL.  Honestly year 6 is the most stressful year for both parents and children - it should have a health warning!

I was just thinking perhaps we shouldn't even bother with the MA application this year, so this was nice to read.

11 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Sorry if you have read this before and to give hope to those with ‘no’s but my dd always got a no or swl for the RBS summer intensive... including the year she got offered a full time place at WL!😂

That’s so interesting, no rhyme or reason really!