Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

There was a group with older boys, not sure if they mixed with older girls or not. My ds was extremely tired, a combination of the dancing and maybe lack of sleep, and excitement of it all, lol. Not a hint of homesickness though, 

Good that it was a great opportunity to ‘test’ homesickness. That must be a relief!

My DS struggles to switch off at night so I’m sure if he’s paired up with another night owl, there might be a distinct lack of sleep 🤦‍♂️

He did 3 consecutive days of 10-4 over Easter and he was very tired by the final day, so hoping this isn’t too much of a struggle for him. Only one way to find out I guess....

• Like 1
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Paris Opera Ballet School has just stated that they will not be taking any candidates from outside the EU for their Summer School this year. If the Royal decides to do something similar, hopefully there’ll be some more movement from the waiting list. Grasping at straws, I know, but those of us still on the waiting list can live in hope!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MissEmily said:

The Paris Opera Ballet School has just stated that they will not be taking any candidates from outside the EU for their Summer School this year. If the Royal decides to do something similar, hopefully there’ll be some more movement from the waiting list. Grasping at straws, I know, but those of us still on the waiting list can live in hope!

I’m hoping but not hopeful! 

3 hours ago, Emmajayne said:

When is the deadline to accept royal summer school place/ make payment by please? Thanks

This id what was on our letter '

he Royal Ballet School’s Intensive Course, Summer London 2021.
Acceptance deadline is 26 March 2021.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you do not wish to accept your place and we will offer to somebody else.
The course fees invoice will be emailed to you during week commencing 19 April 2021.
Payment deadline is 5 May 2021. 
Just now, Mrs Tea said:

This id what was on our letter '

he Royal Ballet School’s Intensive Course, Summer London 2021.
Acceptance deadline is 26 March 2021.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you do not wish to accept your place and we will offer to somebody else.
The course fees invoice will be emailed to you during week commencing 19 April 2021.
Payment deadline is 5 May 2021. 

3 hours ago, Emmajayne said:

When is the deadline to accept royal summer school place/ make payment by please? Thanks

sorry then they sent a second email saying the payment system has changed so a payment link will be sent out from 3rd may 

35 minutes ago, Mrs Tea said:

sorry then they sent a second email saying the payment system has changed so a payment link will be sent out from 3rd may 

Thank you Mrs Tea, that is helpful to know! 

7 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Yes, my 12y old daughter will be there. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Hi my 14yr old daughter will also be there for the last week. 

• Like 1