Jump to content

Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)


Crazylifecrazykids

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

There was a group with older boys, not sure if they mixed with older girls or not. My ds was extremely tired, a combination of the dancing and maybe lack of sleep, and excitement of it all, lol. Not a hint of homesickness though, 

Good that it was a great opportunity to ‘test’ homesickness. That must be a relief!
 

 My DS struggles to switch off at night so I’m sure if he’s paired up with another night owl, there might be a distinct lack of sleep 🤦‍♂️
 

He did 3 consecutive days of 10-4 over Easter and he was very tired by the final day, so hoping this isn’t too much of a struggle for him. Only one way to find out I guess....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Paris Opera Ballet School has just stated that they will not be taking any candidates from outside the EU for their Summer School this year. If the Royal decides to do something similar, hopefully there’ll be some more movement from the waiting list. Grasping at straws, I know, but those of us still on the waiting list can live in hope!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MissEmily said:

The Paris Opera Ballet School has just stated that they will not be taking any candidates from outside the EU for their Summer School this year. If the Royal decides to do something similar, hopefully there’ll be some more movement from the waiting list. Grasping at straws, I know, but those of us still on the waiting list can live in hope!

I’m hoping but not hopeful! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Emmajayne said:

When is the deadline to accept royal summer school place/ make payment by please? Thanks

This id what was on our letter '

he Royal Ballet School’s Intensive Course, Summer London 2021.
Acceptance deadline is 26 March 2021.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you do not wish to accept your place and we will offer to somebody else.
The course fees invoice will be emailed to you during week commencing 19 April 2021.
Payment deadline is 5 May 2021. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mrs Tea said:

This id what was on our letter '

he Royal Ballet School’s Intensive Course, Summer London 2021.
Acceptance deadline is 26 March 2021.
If we do not hear from you we will assume that you do not wish to accept your place and we will offer to somebody else.
The course fees invoice will be emailed to you during week commencing 19 April 2021.
Payment deadline is 5 May 2021. 

 

3 hours ago, Emmajayne said:

When is the deadline to accept royal summer school place/ make payment by please? Thanks

sorry then they sent a second email saying the payment system has changed so a payment link will be sent out from 3rd may 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Mrs Tea said:

 

sorry then they sent a second email saying the payment system has changed so a payment link will be sent out from 3rd may 

Thank you Mrs Tea, that is helpful to know! 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Yes, my 12y old daughter will be there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

Hi my 14yr old daughter will also be there for the last week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MariCat said:

I haven’t received an invoice for payment yet.  Has anyone else yet? 

email just out saying they will send well commencing the 10th May 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2021 at 21:22, BalletMomUS said:

My daughter (14 yrs) will be attending the last week this summer at WL. We're hoping no quarantine this time around. She attended the spring intensive as well and LOVED it. Anyone else have a dancer there for the last week (I believe 16-20 August)?

My daughter is there that week too. She’s 12. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about current bubble rules at Upper school, and how they might apply to this summer at Covent Garden  For Summer, the RBS website indicates the following “we will not be able to allow day students to enter in and out of the group ‘bubbles’ created for the duration of your child’s stay. Should the situation change we will relook at what is possible closer to the course dates and inform you accordingly.“
 

Does this mean CG students won’t be able to leave to explore for touring on the weekends? would they be able to meet up with family on the weekend? Just trying to plan extended family visits in London and wasn’t sure if that would be possible during the course with the “bubble rules.”  Any insight appreciated!


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would anyone be willing/ able to share their packing list with me?! My Year 5 pupil is on the waiting list for WL SI but has been offered a place at Moorland Summer School, which we have accepted. I'd like to give her a congratulatory hamper of things she'll need for Summer School.

 

Also, the thing she's most worried about is doing her own bun! 😂 Obviously, she has time to practise, but have those of you with younger children experienced help being provided with this?!

 

Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations @MissEmily to your student! I was just about to post asking if anyone knows if there is an official packing list for White Lodge Summer Intensives? Or if anyone has been to one before and can offer helpful advice on what to bring! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

White Lodge list from 2019, doesn't mean it will be the same for 2021: GIRLS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING
All items must be clearly named:
• Leotards
• Pink tights/pink ankle socks
• Pointe shoes (only girls who are currently working en pointe should bring their pointe shoes)
• Soft ballet shoes for flat work (with elastics only, no ribbons)
• Character shoes *
• National skirt **(the national skirt is a full circular cotton skirt. Generally black or blue, has
an elasticated waist and should come to just below the knee
• Jazz shoes (ballet shoes may be worn)
• Footless or convertible tights
• Waist elastic
• Tracksuit (for between classes)
• Trainers / sneakers (for between classes)
* Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes
just for the course
** If you do not have a national skirt, please bring a long practise skirt 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MPatti said:

White Lodge list from 2019, doesn't mean it will be the same for 2021: GIRLS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING
All items must be clearly named:
• Leotards
• Pink tights/pink ankle socks
• Pointe shoes (only girls who are currently working en pointe should bring their pointe shoes)
• Soft ballet shoes for flat work (with elastics only, no ribbons)
• Character shoes *
• National skirt **(the national skirt is a full circular cotton skirt. Generally black or blue, has
an elasticated waist and should come to just below the knee
• Jazz shoes (ballet shoes may be worn)
• Footless or convertible tights
• Waist elastic
• Tracksuit (for between classes)
• Trainers / sneakers (for between classes)
* Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes
just for the course
** If you do not have a national skirt, please bring a long practise skirt 

Waist elastic?! Whatever for?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HopelessMummy said:

Waist elastic?! Whatever for?!

They mean a belt. Most uniforms have them. It's a useful visual tool for the teachers to see quickly that their hips are aligned correctly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MPatti said:

White Lodge list from 2019, doesn't mean it will be the same for 2021: GIRLS: RECOMMENDED CLOTHING
All items must be clearly named:
• Leotards
• Pink tights/pink ankle socks
• Pointe shoes (only girls who are currently working en pointe should bring their pointe shoes)
• Soft ballet shoes for flat work (with elastics only, no ribbons)
• Character shoes *
• National skirt **(the national skirt is a full circular cotton skirt. Generally black or blue, has
an elasticated waist and should come to just below the knee
• Jazz shoes (ballet shoes may be worn)
• Footless or convertible tights
• Waist elastic
• Tracksuit (for between classes)
• Trainers / sneakers (for between classes)
* Please bring character shoes if you already own a pair, there is no need to purchase shoes
just for the course
** If you do not have a national skirt, please bring a long practise skirt 

Thank you so much for this @MPatti! Do you or does anyone on here have the packing list for boys (White Lodge Summer Intensives)? Many thanks in advance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also for the girls packing list, consider the following two things that weren't on the list, but that all of the older girls had except for my daughter at the spring session (whoops!): black tights to wear for contemporary class and light skirts to wear when allowed during pointe classes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...