Royal Ballet intensives 2021 (Spring and Summer)

Crazylifecrazykids

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

My DS is week 1 also. He’s a Y5 JA at Birmingham. 

Oh that’s great, thank you! We are Y5 JA and this will be first time doing Summer Intensives! It would be nice to have some friends there, as I think that we don’t know anyone there he knows yet!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

Hi, My ds is 11. Let me know if you would like them to get in touch before then. Does your son have a phone or perhaps a zoom call? For Spring intensive we did a zoom call with a couple of boys from this forum before that week. I know  a couple of boys going that are currently year 5. I am sure they will have a great time. 

Thanks

14 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

My DS is week 1 also. He’s a Y5 JA at Birmingham. 

Ps this is all new to us and we are trying to think how best to prepare for it! Very exciting though! 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

My y5 DS is doing week 3 he is not a JA but does CBA 

Oh excellent….my son is a bit worried about making friends so it’s lovely to know there’s another y5 boy who will be doing week 3 too xx 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 18:20, Mum to a boy dancer said:

Ds is doing week 1. He doesn’t know anyone else but is so excited x

I know some lovely lads going that week including my DS, he will have a great time!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hawthorn said:

Does anyone know when they finish on the last day? I’ll email them, but we need to book a train home to Scotland and there are only a few seats left. I’d like to know ASAP! 

I asked recently as it’s my partners 40th that day, and wanted to book theatre/dinner etc, and needed to roughly know what time we could be back in the West End. I was only told ‘pick up is some time between 3pm and 5pm’ so hoping that we don’t have to wait too much longer for formal/fixed timings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawthorn said:

Thanks. Oh dear. That’s abit vague, isn’t it? 

Yes, I’m imagining (from what I read about spring intensives) there will be multiple groups/bubbles, and staggered drop off and pick up times. Just hoping this information comes sooner rather than later. 

The Waiting List closes on 22nd June so you might not hear more precise details until after that. I imagine they’ve chosen that day as they will have a better idea of the guidelines they’ll be working within after the announcement about 21st June and restrictions lifting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

We have one very happy child here tonight - was on SWL but we had an email today saying a place had become available so she's in! Week 3 🙂

Congratulations! I think my DS might know your DD from JAs? They're on in same week for Summer Intensive!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dancedreamer said:

Has anyone recieved more details such as a timetable or when to drop them off etc yet?

Nothing yet. I have a feeling drop off and collection times will be staggered, as I queried pick up time on the Friday, and was told ‘some time between 3pm and 5pm’.  Maybe we will know after the next government announcement re: road map etc. 

14 hours ago, Waverley said:

We have one very happy child here tonight - was on SWL but we had an email today saying a place had become available so she's in! Week 3 🙂

Congratulations! As a parent to a fellow waiting-lister (for week 1), I'm so happy for your daughter and it's great to know that places do come up :)  Hope she has a wonderful time. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, GabrielleDeV said:

Congratulations! As a parent to a fellow waiting-lister (for week 1), I'm so happy for your daughter and it's great to know that places do come up :)  Hope she has a wonderful time. 

I agree. We are also a fellow wait lister (I think we were week 3), it’s very exciting to hear of others getting places, especially when it’s a child of the same age (ie the youngest group) and does keep hopes up 😁

Edited by SJBallet
Addition
  • Like 3